What's new

D-Train (white domina x qrazy train)

silver hawaiian

Veteran
budman

Word of excellence (read: convenience): DO NOT bother pH'ing 'em. Please.

Rest else, I wouldn't even both with a marker of how much they're drinking - who cares? Did you ever measure & keep a track of how much water you were hand-feeding 'em?

Sometimes, it's not until we step away that we can really appreciate.. :)

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
budman

Word of excellence (read: convenience): DO NOT bother pH'ing 'em. Please.

Rest else, I wouldn't even both with a marker of how much they're drinking - who cares? Did you ever measure & keep a track of how much water you were hand-feeding 'em?

Sometimes, it's not until we step away that we can really appreciate.. :)

i envy the approach you take to growing. i am too OCD!

actually i was going to ask how much they are drinking.

i am curious.

great stuff budman.

pretty cool to think they are drinking at their own pace. i didnt notice a rush of drops when i poured more water in the rez so we will see...i have a read on it now and will be monitoring...this is a VERY enjoyable hobby for me and it is also my only source of cannabis. i have gotten to the point where i wont smoke unless its mine. i have a couple friends weed that i will smoke but thats where i draw the line.

so, if i hermi out my crop, burn the buds or have a PH lockout that i could have avoided, i would be pissed! this medicine needs to last me for 6months at least. this last round will have lasted 5 months and i gave A LOT away to my father in-law..."don't ask dont tell' he has no idea where it comes from.."dont look a gift horse in the mouth"

:thank you:

:tumbleweed:

:peacock:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
budman

Trust me, I'm more OCD in my day-to-day than I ever might be in the garden..

Less is more sometimes. Once I set up the blumats, my in-garden time was reduced by 50% - no shit. Shouldn't take long for you to see & learn that as long as they're fed and given some light every day, they really don't need to see your pretty face to keep doin' their thang.

EvilCartman

everything downstairs has maintained a clean bill of health...everything seems to be doing very well. i have measured the watermark in the rez and will see how much water they truly end up drinking.

Looking great! :dance013:

Was wondering, do you have to maintain a fairly constant level in the res, in order to keep the flow at the desired rate? Only reason I ask is I see that they recommend a regulator if you plumb to a high pressure line.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Looking great! :dance013:

Was wondering, do you have to maintain a fairly constant level in the res, in order to keep the flow at the desired rate? Only reason I ask is I see that they recommend a regulator if you plumb to a high pressure line.

Good question - the pressure in the line is really measured by surface level in the reservoir..

I think budman is manually topping of his rez, which is great as long as he's on it. Otherwise, some other folk have a larger rez on the floor, pumping into the feed rez, which has an overflow drain, to flow back into the rez.. Thereby keeping a constant head level in the feed rez..

budman678

Veteran
i def just add 5gallons of phd water every 4-5 days. thats it. besides a few dog hairs on the surface of the water in the rez, there aint anything running through those hoses but filtered water

i think i could leave plants for up to 15+ days if i filled it up and left and let it run dry....just a guess

budman678

Veteran
hey yall, do i need to wait three weeks into flowering before cleaning them up and lollipoping them?

handyandy

Budman, what is the ph of your water before you adjust?

I tryed to run water with ph down to 6.0 in my areocloner and had nothing after 14 days.
Dumped water, cleaned, slime everywhere, refill RO water only, root in 5 days!! on new cuts.
my RO water is 7.0. if your water is between 5.5 - 7.5 NO need to ph if you are useing a soil or soiless mix.
I belive all my early problems were related to trying to ph my water. When I stopped with the ph crap, stopped using bottled nutes, started useing ACT with ewc, Shit blowin up,
I even get the little spidermite trying to setup camp and they only get one or two leafs then I getem, but I think the ACT is helping me keep these borg knocked down.

They keep coming in through tiny cracks in my basment wall. gotta seal this up better.

PLEASE try some plants with no ph and you will see :)

budman678

Veteran
i adjust the water 6.5 and then pour into the rez.

besides the fungus gnats that some in with my base soil, i have no issues with any other pests. I have been very very lucky. no mites etc

i made some adjustments on a few pots that were light last night...lets see how they did....stay tuned

budman678

Veteran
actually i was going to ask how much they are drinking.

i am curious.

great stuff budman.

they have drank about two inches of water in the last 24hrs and some of the pots were a little light....i adjust them all alittle more. its been 5days since i stuck the blumats in

silver hawaiian

Veteran
they have drank about two inches of water in the last 24hrs and some of the pots were a little light....i adjust them all alittle more. its been 5days since i stuck the blumats in

Zacklee boss

"two inches"

What's that even mean? Two inches out of a rez with a surface area of 48"sq? A diameter of 30"? Two inches out of an olympic-sized swimming pool? ..Etc..

Just to illustrate my point about "who cares." :) I mean, aside from the novelty factor, and as long as the pots are staying adequately/ideally moist.. :dance:

fukndenny

Zacklee boss

"two inches"

What's that even mean? Two inches out of a rez with a surface area of 48"sq? A diameter of 30"? Two inches out of an olympic-sized swimming pool? ..Etc..

Just to illustrate my point about "who cares." :) I mean, aside from the novelty factor, and as long as the pots are staying adequately/ideally moist.. :dance:

silver hawaiin.

the reason i care is because im running the exact same tent and similar lighting with the idea in mind to switch to blumats.

i get it that you don't care, considering you've announced it twice.

but some of us do care.

thank you

and yes , budman, it would be nice to know the actual amount the plants drink in a week, not looking for a scientific analysis here, just a ball park.

my 3 gallons usually take about 4 gallons to water 5 of them.. and that's every 4-5 days.. so im calculating and "guestimating" that they would probably be ok with a 5 gallon bucket as a rez.

any and all info you share is helpful to different people.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
silver hawaiin.

the reason i care is because im running the exact same tent and similar lighting with the idea in mind to switch to blumats.

i get it that you don't care, considering you've announced it twice.

but some of us do care.

thank you

and yes , budman, it would be nice to know the actual amount the plants drink in a week, not looking for a scientific analysis here, just a ball park.

my 3 gallons usually take about 4 gallons to water 5 of them.. and that's every 4-5 days.. so im calculating and "guestimating" that they would probably be ok with a 5 gallon bucket as a rez.

any and all info you share is helpful to different people.

denny

I didn't mean to imply nobody should care. I'm sorry if that offended you. And that's awesome that you're running a very similar setup. I'm sure it makes it convenient in comparing setups.

And while I'm not going to tell you not to care what the plants are drinking, I suppose my thought process is like this: When you handwater, do you ever measure and record exactly how much water you're giving? And if so, why? I'm just curious to understand in what way that may help you or influence other decisions.

From there, then, I think, "If the blumats will administer as much water as the plants will need, whatever x-amount is, what's the largest size reservoir I can accommodate?"

Because to me, half of the point of the blumats is to eliminate the need for your human presence in the garden. And the first way to do that, in this case, is to have as large a water-source as you can afford, in terms of space and circumstance.

And as you just mentioned you've got a similar tent and are considering the blumats, the situation seems quite the same.

So, to that end, if the question is "how big a reservoir should I use," I suppose the answer ought to automatically be "As big as you can accommodate."

..and from there, if using a smaller rez, well, the adjustment ought to be to re-fill more frequently.

fukndenny

no offense taken buddy.

i record exactly how much water i am giving, only for the purposes of trying to estimate my rez size for my future blumat plans. that is really the only reason.

i completely understand they are different environments(temps/rh/pot size/medium/nutes) but it's nice to try and relate to other growers with similar setups even if they are only ball park or estimates. gives me an idea on what i should be getting for my own setup!

agreed with you on the res - as big as i can accommodate, that's my ultimate goal, to be able to leave for a week or two and have no worry in the world.

cheers

silver hawaiian

Veteran
denny

If you want to get sort of fancy (read: an extra $40 and LOTS of added water space), you could always get a larger reservoir for the floor, to feed into (and drain back from) a separate reservoir, to which the blumats are connected..

My feed rez (from which the blumats draw) is just a 5 gallon bucket, but on the floor, pumping into it constantly is an 18 gallon tote.

So my 5 gal rez is turned into a 23 gal rez. :D

fukndenny

denny

If you want to get sort of fancy (read: an extra $40 and LOTS of added water space), you could always get a larger reservoir for the floor, to feed into (and drain back from) a separate reservoir, to which the blumats are connected..

My feed rez (from which the blumats draw) is just a 5 gallon bucket, but on the floor, pumping into it constantly is an 18 gallon tote.

So my 5 gal rez is turned into a 23 gal rez. :D

thanks for the tip silver, was just looking at your blumat thread in your sig.

:tiphat:

budman678

Veteran
I'm an idiot I must have opened up a blumat in one of the light pots last night. 5-6galls in the bottom of my tent. Ripped out blumats and watered the ladies that were on stands.

I am going to set them up again in a coup,e days. Going be out of town for five days soon so I would like to be using them again soon

Cleaned em up and lollipopped. I counted 40+ colas. Should be a bumper crop. A couple of the dtrains are real stinkers. Day 15 of flowering today

Latest posts

Latest posts