Votes: 15 16.5%
  • no way

Votes: 47 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
You should hear what Dr. Zaks says herself and not what a video of somebody making claims of what they think they heard Dr. Zaks say.

https://www.modernatx.com/about-mrna

Hear from Dr. Tal Zaks, Moderna’s Chief Medical Officer and Lin Guey, Senior Director, Rare Diseases explain what mRNA-3704 is and how it may help patients with MMA.

Frequently Asked Questions

How does mRNA differ from gene therapy?
Helping the body make its own medicine using mRNA sounds like it might be similar to gene therapy or gene editing. While these treatment approaches seek to treat disease through genetic information, they take fundamentally different approaches. Gene therapy and gene editing alter the original genetic information each cell carries. The goal is to produce a permanent fix to the underlying genetic problem by changing the defective gene. Moderna is taking a different approach to address the underlying cause of MMA and other diseases. mRNA transfers the instructions stored in DNA to make the proteins required in every living cell. Our approach aims to help the body make its own missing or defective protein. Unlike gene editing and gene therapy, mRNA technology does not change the genetic information of the cell, and is intended to be short-acting. It acts like traditional drugs that can be adjusted over time based on the dose and frequency needed. In simple terms, we are working to provide physicians and patients with a “controllable” way to start and manage their therapy over time.

Watched it twice this vid from 2017, but did you watch it yourself or do you only copy and paste from their website?

mexcurandero420

Veteran
Plea: better not vaccinate everyone, because the corona virus will not disappear anyway

NIJMEGEN - Vaccination of children and young, healthy people against corona is of little benefit. Group immunity is unfeasible, the corona virus will no longer disappear and will continue to appear in new variants.

This is the opinion of Jona Walk, who recently obtained his PhD in vaccine immunology, and medical microbiologist Bert Mulder today in the magazine Medisch Contact .

Both doctors of the Nijmegen Canisius-Wilhelmina Hospital therefore question the policy of the cabinet and health institute to vaccinate the entire population in order to return to 'normal'. They are supported by a recent article 'Five reasons why COVID herd immunity is probably impossible' in the leading scientific medical journal Nature .

If you cannot become seriously ill from the virus and do not protect anyone with it when you get vaccinated, why would you run the risk of side effects that we certainly do not know for the long term?

Jona Walk, doctor at CWZ Nijmegen

Still virus carriers

Jonah Walk © DG

Vaccinations can prevent people from becoming seriously ill and ending up in hospital, but it is an illusion to think that they also stop the virus from spreading. "Research done in Oxford shows that people can still be virus carriers after they have been vaccinated," says Walk.

More research needs to be done on this, but it is clear that the current vaccines do not work against all new variants of the virus. South Africa, for example, has already stopped using AstraZeneca because that vaccine does not work against the variant that is dominant there.

"The effectiveness against that specific variant appears to be really zero," says Mulder. The constant emergence of new variants therefore means that the vaccinations will be less effective in the future than appears at the moment.

Insensitive variant

"In fact, if a vaccine against a particular variant doesn't work, only that version of the virus will continue to spread among people, and that refractory variant may eventually become dominant in the vaccinated population," says Walk.

“This happens especially if you vaccinate while a lot of virus is circulating, you create an ideal environment for new mutations,” Mulder adds.

Walk: ,, The unnecessary vaccination is also against our medical principles. If you cannot become seriously ill from the virus and do not protect anyone with it when you get vaccinated, why would you run the risk of side effects that we certainly do not know for the long term? ''

She points to the fact that for the time being there are only data on safety during the first two months after vaccination. Longer studies are needed to get a full picture of the benefits and risks.

REGION
SEARCH
SUBSCRIBELOGIN

PREMIUM

The CWZ doctors Jona Walk (left) and Bert Mulder. © DG / Raphael DrentPlea: better not vaccinate everyone, because the corona virus will not disappear anyway

NIJMEGEN - Vaccination of children and young, healthy people against corona is of little benefit. Group immunity is unfeasible, the corona virus will no longer disappear and will continue to appear in new variants.
Eric Reijnen Rutten 26-03-21, 07:00Last update: 07:42

This is the opinion of Jona Walk, who recently obtained his PhD in vaccine immunology, and medical microbiologist Bert Mulder today in the magazine Medisch Contact .

Both doctors of the Nijmegen Canisius-Wilhelmina Hospital therefore question the policy of the cabinet and health institute to vaccinate the entire population in order to return to 'normal'. They are supported by a recent article 'Five reasons why COVID herd immunity is probably impossible' in the leading scientific medical journal Nature .

Also read

(3)

If you cannot become seriously ill from the virus and do not protect anyone with it when you get vaccinated, why would you run the risk of side effects that we certainly do not know for the long term?
Jona Walk, doctor at CWZ Nijmegen

Still virus carriers

Jonah Walk © DG

Vaccinations can prevent people from becoming seriously ill and ending up in hospital, but it is an illusion to think that they also stop the virus from spreading. "Research done in Oxford shows that people can still be virus carriers after they have been vaccinated," says Walk.

More research needs to be done on this, but it is clear that the current vaccines do not work against all new variants of the virus. South Africa, for example, has already stopped using AstraZeneca because that vaccine does not work against the variant that is dominant there.

"The effectiveness against that specific variant appears to be really zero," says Mulder. The constant emergence of new variants therefore means that the vaccinations will be less effective in the future than appears at the moment.

Insensitive variant

"In fact, if a vaccine against a particular variant doesn't work, only that version of the virus will continue to spread among people, and that refractory variant may eventually become dominant in the vaccinated population," says Walk.

“This happens especially if you vaccinate while a lot of virus is circulating, you create an ideal environment for new mutations,” Mulder adds.

Walk: ,, The unnecessary vaccination is also against our medical principles. If you cannot become seriously ill from the virus and do not protect anyone with it when you get vaccinated, why would you run the risk of side effects that we certainly do not know for the long term? ''

She points to the fact that for the time being there are only data on safety during the first two months after vaccination. Longer studies are needed to get a full picture of the benefits and risks.

© David van Haren
Still make good antibodies

"Another problem is that we do not yet know whether once someone has been vaccinated, they will later still make good antibodies against other corona variants." A new vaccination against a new variant may therefore be less effective.

"There is still a lot of research to be done in this area," emphasize the researchers. But they now come with their analysis because the vaccination policy is still aimed at having as many people as possible vaccinated against corona by July.

Mulder: ,, But we cannot eradicate corona. So you should reconsider that policy: only vaccinate if someone benefits from it at an individual level, you should first focus on the elderly and at-risk groups and then look at who wants to get further vaccinated. ''

Can you still infect others if you have been vaccinated?
Very little research has been done on this. Only the University of Oxford systematically looked at this in a large group, where they saw no decrease in contamination without complaints. However, because the vaccines do not protect against all variants of the virus, there is a risk of contamination anyway.

How well does such a vaccine work?
The large vaccine studies showed that the vaccines worked against corona with minor complaints. There are now data from Israel and Scotland that also indicate good efficacy against hospital admissions and death from Covid-19. But: there are different variants of the corona virus, also in the Netherlands.

According to the RIVM, the vaccines have so far also been effective against this, but that does not seem to be the case for one variant now. A variant has surfaced in South Africa that AstraZeneca does not work against at all, and that mutation can now also be found in Europe.

Mulder: “It is a constant race between vaccine and variants. In principle, with the vaccines you are always lagging behind the facts. ""

How long does a vaccine work?
That is unclear. "That has not been investigated simply because the vaccines have not been around for that long," says Mulder. However, there is research in Denmark that suggests that about six months after contracting a natural infection, one in five people under the age of 65 and half of people over the age of 65 are susceptible to corona again. Walk:

"It is therefore unclear whether the current vaccines will still be effective after the summer, because it may well be that completely different variants are more dominant."

Who wouldn't have to give you the vaccine?
Mulder and Walk believe that where you set the boundary, the Health Council should consider that. "But it is obvious that it makes no sense to vaccinate children and young people," says Mulder. "Whether or not to vaccinate remains a free choice, but in principle it is mainly high-risk groups that may benefit from vaccination."

So these are the elderly and people with underlying conditions (such as lung diseases and serious obesity). "If then others want to be vaccinated, they should definitely be able to get the vaccine."

Walk: ,, But you do not want to vaccinate everyone while a large proportion do not become seriously ill. You are also not going to vaccinate everyone against the flu. ”“

Can vaccination contribute to the mutation of the virus?
Not in itself, but it is worrying that vaccines appear to be less protective against certain virus strains, say Mulder and Walk. There is a risk that vaccination may inadvertently contribute to the selection of strains that are less sensitive to the antibodies produced by the vaccine. Those insensitive mutants may then become dominant even faster.

What's the difference with measles or polio?
Walk: "With measles and polio there are no variants that are insensitive to the vaccine." Mulder: "Those diseases give a different kind of immune response."

The vaccine against measles, for example, is very effective and children / young people themselves benefit directly from vaccination: that is why almost everyone is vaccinated against it. The corona vaccine is much less effective and not everyone will be vaccinated. Due to the lack of effectiveness against all virus strains in particular, the coronavirus vaccine will mean that the disease cannot be eradicated.

Will vulnerable people soon have to have a corona shot every year, as is the case with the flu shot?
Mulder and Walk consider that a realistic opportunity. The flu virus also changes every year, and therefore the vaccine against it.

Isn't a vaccination passport a very bad idea if a vaccination does not guarantee that the virus will not get sick and spread?

"There is no good substantiation for it," say Mulder and Walk. Just as there is no such thing as an indirect or indirect vaccination obligation. Walk: ,, We are not against vaccination, but it is an individual choice. You don't take this vaccine for each other, as the government says, but to protect yourself. It is an illusion to think that we can eradicate the virus with this. ''

Article from a Dutch paper

Absolem

Watched it twice this vid from 2017, but did you watch it yourself or do you only copy and paste from their website?

Yes. I did copy and paste from the source itself unlike you who used a third party. Here's the unedited video of Tal Zaks and what he actually says. Unlike your third party highly edited video which makes claims he never said. Not sure why you use a third party to source information instead of just going to the source itself? So go ahead and watch your video a third time. The people who made that video got the reaction from you they intended.

https://www.ted.com/talks/tal_zaks_t...f_gene_editing

mexcurandero420

Veteran
Yes. I did copy and paste from the source itself unlike you who used a third party. Here's the unedited video of Tal Zaks and what he actually says. Unlike your third party highly edited video which makes claims he never said. Not sure why you use a third party to source information instead of just going to the source itself? So go ahead and watch your video a third time. The people who made that video got the reaction from you they intended.

https://www.ted.com/talks/tal_zaks_t...f_gene_editing

lol its the same vid.Well a pharmaceutical company isn't a non-profit organisation, so thats why a other party.Big pharma only goes for profits and at the moment they'te making profit with their gene therapy injections, which is stillnot fully investigated for the long term effects.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Interesting.....
Projected profit from COVID vaccines in 2021

Moderna $18 billion
Pfizer $15 billion
Astra Zeneca No profit

BudToaster

Veteran
and Pfizer is splitting from BioNTech ... they got there own damn RNA programmers, who needs 'em - plus they got the fab labs. They'll catch Moderna in no time.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Baltimore? They're makin that shit in fuckin Baltimore? Where, in a burned out CVS drugstore? I wanna see the operation warpspeed employees. My gawd, this only gets deeper.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Nothing in Baltimore but some questions.

What is Johns Hopkins famous for?

What city is Johns Hopkins University in?

Is Johns Hopkins in a bad neighborhood?

Is Johns Hopkins better than Harvard?

Is John Hopkins an Ivy League school?

Is it hard to get into John Hopkins?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
My wife and I got a jab, Pfizer's yesterday. I avoid taking flu shots my wife always takes them, she has a suppressed Immunity system and is a transplant patient, she needs the help, her transplant doctor suggest she get 2 Covid-19 shots check her anti-bodies and get a booster if needed. Anyone that is not old enough to remember Polio and Smallpox, only has to look at measles to get an understanding why everyone should get vaccinations for serious viruses it is not just about you, it is about everyone. Both me and my wife had Covid-19 last September me only lasted 48 hours in bed, my wife 4 weeks in bed then ending up in the hospital for 10 days almost dying. I understand that even if you have had Covid-19 you can get it again, and that vaccinated people can also get Covid-19, mostly just mild symptoms, but they can pass it to others that can get real sick. We have to do what we can do.
Until folks wise up and wear masks get their shots and continue to to wear masks until Covid-19 is a very very small percentage of the population there will be many new cases and that will allow new variants to quickly develop each maybe worse than the original Covid-19, the whole world is in trouble. All the anti-vaxers are like a cult, they only look for reasons to support their view and ignore any other facts, I can't help but wonder if they also take no measles jabs, and would of refused Smallpox and Polio jabs? I feel sorry for their kids, and anyone they might expose to any virus they get and spread. This is like a chain that is only as strong as the weakest links. We all need to do our part.

I just heard that we will both need a third Jab a year later, not really surprised, I think I would of been surprised if the 2 jabs would have given me permanent immunity, my wife may need 4 if her transplant doctor is correct. I do not like getting vaccinations but I will, as the alternative does not help me or anyone.

Last edited:

mowood3479

Veteran
@ss
Collectivist nonsense... there is no we.

Iam not in ur chain... and I do not consent.

I can’t comment on any other vaccine. (Polio, measles etc..) . I haven’t looked into them......
And btw u could just respond in the thread without editing my post on a power trip big guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chappi

I took both doses of Moderna and so did my wife. We are both healthy she has a mild auto immune disease. First dose no side effects just a little tired. Second dose I got a headache and sore arm she got ran over by a mack truck for a day haha( that’s what she felt anyway)
We have been careful this whole time not for us but because of all the vulnerable folks we have contact with mainly parents and such. The whole family now vaccinated and we can enjoy each other's company without worrying about no virus(99%) it’s a beautiful thing and it’s not that hard either. Truth is everyone has the right to how much risk they want to take and whether they want to take the vaccine or not. Usually it’s not until someone they know either dies or comes close to dying that they will see the importance. Some will be in bed dying of covid and still deny it exists. But we have to respect their decision regardless of how stupid you might think it is. This goes for both sides.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I did have a sore arm part of yesterday and today, it is almost gone now. -SamS

Last edited:

Gry

Veteran
My wife and I got a jab, Pfizer's yesterday. I avoid taking flu shots my wife always takes them, she has a suppressed Immunity system and is a transplant patient, she needs the help, her transplant doctor suggest she get 2 Covid-19 shots check her anti-bodies and get a booster if needed. Anyone that is not old enough to remember Polio and Smallpox, only has to look at measles to get an understands why everyone should get vaccinations for serious viruses it is not just about you, it is about everyone. Both me and my wife had Covid-19 last September me only lasted 48 hours in bed, my wife 4 weeks in bed then ending up in the hospital for 10 days almost dying. I understand that even if you have had Covid-19 you can get it again, and that vaccinated people can also get Covid-19, mostly just mild symptoms, but they can pass it to others that can get real sick. We have to do what we can do.
Until folks wise up and wear masks get their shots and continue to to wear masks until Covid-19 is a very very small percentage of the population there will be many new cases and that will allow new variants to quickly develop each maybe worse than the original Covid-19, the whole world is in trouble. All the anti-vaxers are like a cult, they only look for reasons to support their view and ignore any other facts, I can't help but wonder if they also take no measles jabs, and would of refused Smallpox and Polio jabs? I feel sorry for their kids, and anyone they might expose to any virus they get and spread. This is like a chain that is only as strong as the weakest links. We all need to do our part.

Checking the level of antibodies sounds like a prudent approach for those with a compromised immune system.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I took both doses of Moderna and so did my wife. We are both healthy she has a mild auto immune disease. First dose no side effects just a little tired. Second dose I got a headache and sore arm she got ran over by a mack truck for a day haha( that’s what she felt anyway)
We have been careful this whole time not for us but because of all the vulnerable folks we have contact with mainly parents and such. The whole family now vaccinated and we can enjoy each other's company without worrying about no virus(99%) it’s a beautiful thing and it’s not that hard either. Truth is everyone has the right to how much risk they want to take and whether they want to take the vaccine or not. Usually it’s not until someone they know either dies or comes close to dying that they will see the importance. Some will be in bed dying of covid and still deny it exists. But we have to respect their decision regardless of how stupid you might think it is. This goes for both sides.
Due for my 2’nd in slightly over two weeks...My son who just turned 22 actually has been recovering from Covid and he’s in quarantine ...so far I’ve managed to avoid it I’ll be turning 60... It will be nice to finally visit my elderly parents again
My lot from round#1
Click image for larger version  Name:	5B39171D-D273-4CA0-B4AD-65EE4CC6B795.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	68.9 KB ID:	17833648

Latest posts

Latest posts