What's new

Coming home from work to find your door kicked in and everything you own is now gone

Burt

Veteran
taxiboy-i'm sending positive vibes your way
i'm scared of what the rat bastards will say to the popo when they get caught
will this lead to you getting in trouble too? is it worth getting popo inviolved
perhaps if your trying to file a claim-otherwise-yes-karma is a bitch
all the best to you

TaxiBoy

Thanks a bunch for all of the kind thoughts and good vibes. We decided not to involve any LEO in this incident simply because, as some members posted previously, they wont do much to help the situation. We canvased the neighborhood and got nothing. I'm not surprised, though, because this happened some time during the day and I know for a fact that all of my immediate neighbors work full time day jobs. I also visited local pawn shops looking for my gear, with receipts in my pocket of course. I didn't come across any of it, but now at least the pawn shop guys know what to keep an eye out for. I have friends who own a pawn shop and they are quite cooperative people, generally. They aren't looking to profit from a robbery, necessarily.

As far as the dog goes, I keep him crated during the day while I am not home. This is not a barbaric practice, and dog psychology taught me that dogs are pack animals and naturally gravitate towards and NEED a den-like home for sound sleep, relaxation, and security. In the wild, dogs live in tiny cracks, crevices and caves. I dog crate is an artificial representation of what they seek in nature. He is excercised for at least 2-3 hours a day, MINIMUM. I would leave him in the yard, but he is a gorgeous example of an APBT and someone would surely steal him, because true to his nature, he LOVES PEOPLE. If you approach him outdoors, in a friendly and non confrontational manner, he will not hesitate to be your immediate and best friend. He is good about protecting his (our) home, though, so dont be quick to write him off.

We're going to do the best we can to pick up the pieces and march forward. No insurance means no payouts, but we'll make due. The worst part, sadly, is losing the dozen bonsai moms I had in my care. My girls and moms not only represented my medicine, but also all of the time, care, and love put into their healthy growth.

Again, thank you ALL for your kind words. We wish peace, safety and joy for all of you and yours.

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
god man, if we all could just each send you an ounce and maybe a cut or two, to get your shit back up and running. its shitty no matter whether its medicine or not, as growers , i find, we tend to like our close friends, own space and privacy. so i am sure that this is a blow to anyone, but when you have a viable need for cannabis to medicate and you get robbed it hits another part of you, its the same but its not, you know?

its kinda like if your gonna target a house, then at least go for the yuppie couple with the SUV's in the driveway, not the single mom with the 5 kids, or the 82 year old lady, waiting for her grandkids to come home, or the medicinal cannabis user. ripping is wrong, but damn man.

well jah blesses his own and i am sure you have people you can go to to hopefully provide what you need until you get back on your feet. be well taxiboy, i know you dont know me but i want to seriously give you and yours my best regards man, stay up, and stay safe.

G

gdawg

i do feel for ya taxi. but please don't crate no more man. ever been in the pokey for a minute? i disagree on the dog stoppin a thief, seen too many dudes on cops get chased down and f'd up by a single dog, even when the perp had a weapon of some sorts. someone coming to my door would think twice when they hear my buddy. i agree more than one is better. sendin good vibes bro..

Echoes

Sucks

Sucks

Really sorry to hear about this. I hate being involved in a crime of that nature knowing that you'll probably never figure out who it was or why they did it. I had somebody break into my car all over a few dollars (no more than $4.) They didn't take anything else. Left the CD player, CDs, etc. At least nobody was hurt but it does really suck to have all that stuff stolen. I'd definitely double up my security. I hope and pray that something like this never happens to me. Here's to karma catching up with them soon. These are the people the police should spend their time fighting. Not someone who is responsibly (and also medically) using cannabis.

Last edited:

DrHydro

TaxiBoy said:
because true to his nature, he LOVES PEOPLE. If you approach him outdoors, in a friendly and non confrontational manner, he will not hesitate to be your immediate and best friend. He is good about protecting his (our) home, though, so dont be quick to write him off.
Thats because there smart and not dumb ass dogs... ...I can take my dogs anywhere with me and they walk by my side(1 at a time that is, not all at once).. Anyone in the house that lives here can do the same.. But if someone acks as if they are gonna hit anyone in my family or do somthing like that then the dog will go off.. Come close anuf, and he WILL bite... If we are not around and someone trys to get in the door, the dog will not go outsite it will stand its ground.. My Dog is very fast and can jump 6 1/2 feet in the air at minimum and bite anything...

Even if a robber can hurt/kill your dog... You need to make sure its not gonna go out easy.. Give the dog a chance and work with him to better know what he should and shouldnt do.. IF someone wants your dog and it doesnt test/bite people in the house then the dog is gonna be took in the robbery anyways... Pluss its not hard to allow your dog to run around and train it so when you come home the house looks just like it did when you left..

Its a shame your neighrbor isn't this guy.

Man Kills Suspects While On Phone With 911
Two Men Shot In Texas By Joe Horn Who Saw Suspects Leaving Neighbor's House

The 911 call came from a Pasadena, Tex., resident, who alerted police to two burglary suspects on a neighbor's property. Before he hung up, two men were dead by his hand.

Joe Horn, 61, told the dispatcher what he intended to do: Walk out his front door with a shotgun.

"I've got a shotgun," Horn said, according to a tape of the 911 call. "Do you want me to stop them?"

"Nope, don't do that - ain't no property worth shooting somebody over, OK?" the dispatcher responded.

"Hurry up man, catch these guys, will you? 'Cause I'm ain't gonna let 'em go, I'm gonna be honest with you, I'm not gonna let 'em go. I'm not gonna let 'em get away with this ----."

Shortly after, Horn said he sees one suspect was standing in front of his house, looking at it from the street.

"I don’t know if they’re armed or not. I know they got a crowbar 'cause that's what they broke the windows with. ... Man, this is scary, I can't believe this is happening in this neighborhood."

He gets more agitated. The dispatcher asks if he can see the suspects but they had retreated into the target's house, out of view: "I can go out the front [to look], but if I go out the front I'm bringing my shotgun with me, I swear to God. I am not gonna let 'em get away with this, I can't take a chance on getting killed over this, OK? I'm gonna shoot, I'm gonna shoot."

"Stay inside the house and don’t go out there, OK?" the dispatcher said. "I know you're pissed off, I know what you're feeling, but it's not worth shooting somebody over this, OK?"

"I don’t want to," Horn said, "but I mean if I go out there, you know, to see what the hell is going on, what choice am I gonna have?

"No, I don’t want you to go out there, I just asked if you could see anything out there."

The dispatcher asks if a vehicle could be seen; Horn said no. The dispatcher again says Horn should stay inside the house.

Almost five minutes into the call, police had not arrived.

"I can’t see if [the suspects are] getting away or not," Horn said.

Horn told the dispatcher that he doesn’t know the neighbors well, unlike those living on the other side of his home. "I can assure you if it had been their house, I would have already done something, because I know them very well," he said.
Dispatcher: "I want you to listen to me carefully, OK?"

Horn: "Yes?"

Dispatcher: "I got ultras coming out there. I don't want you to go outside that house. And I don't want you to have that gun in your hand when those officers are poking around out there."

Horn: "I understand that, OK, but I have a right to protect myself too, sir, and you understand that. And the laws have been changed in this country since September the First and you know it and I know it."

Dispatcher: "I understand."

Horn: "I have a right to protect myself ..."

Dispatcher: "I'm ..."

Horn: "And a shotgun is a legal weapon, it's not an illegal weapon."

Dispatcher: "No, it's not, I'm not saying that, I'm just not wanting you to ..."

Horn: "OK, he's coming out the window right now, I gotta go, buddy. I'm sorry, but he's coming out the window. "

Dispatcher: "No, don't, don't go out the door, Mister Horn. Mister Horn..."

Horn: "They just stole something, I'm going out to look for 'em, I'm sorry, I ain't letting them get away with this ----. They stole something, they got a bag of stuff. I'm doing it!"

Dispatcher: "Mister, do not go outside the house."

Horn: "I'm sorry, this ain't right, buddy."

Dispatcher: "You gonna get yourself shot if you go outside that house with a gun, I don't care what you think."

Horn: "You wanna make a bet?"

Dispatcher: "Stay in the house."

Horn: "There, one of them's getting away!

Dispatcher: "That's alright, property's not something worth killing someone over. OK? Don't go out the house, don't be shooting nobody. I know you're pissed and you're frustrated but don't do it."

Horn: "They got a bag of loot."

Dispatcher: "OK. How big is the bag?" He then talks off, relaying the information.

Dispatcher: "Which way are they going?"

Horn: "I can't ... I'm going outside. I'll find out."

Dispatcher: "I don't want you going outside, Mister..."

Horn: "Well, here it goes buddy, you hear the shotgun clicking and I'm going."

Dispatcher: "Don't go outside."
On the tape of the 911 call, the shotgun can be heard being cocked and Horn can be heard going outside and confronting someone.

"Boom! You're dead!" he shouts. A loud bang is heard, then a shotgun being cocked and fired again, and then again.

Then Horn is back on the phone:
"Get the law over here quick. I've now, get, one of them's in the front yard over there, he's down, he almost run down the street. I had no choice. They came in the front yard with me, man, I had no choice! ... Get somebody over here quick, man."

Dispatcher: "Mister Horn, are you out there right now?"

Horn: "No, I am inside the house, I went back in the house. Man, they come right in my yard, I didn't know what the --- they was gonna do, I shot 'em, OK?"

Dispatcher: "Did you shoot somebody?

Horn: "Yes, I did, the cops are here right now."

Dispatcher: "Where are you right now?"

Horn: "I'm inside the house. ..."

Dispatcher: "Mister Horn, put that gun down before you shoot an officer of mine. I've got several officers out there without uniforms on."

Horn: "I am in the front yard right now. I am ..."

Dispatcher: "Put that gun down! There's officers out there without uniforms on. Do not shoot anybody else, do you understand me? I've got police out there..."

Horn: "I understand, I understand. I am out in the front yard waving my hand right now."

Dispatcher: "You don't have a gun with you, do you?

Horn: "No, no, no."

Dispatcher: "You see a uniformed officer? Now lay down on the ground and don't do nothing else."

Yelling is heard.

Dispatcher: "Lay down on the ground, Mister Horn. Do what the officers tell you to do right now."
Two days later, Horn released a statement through an attorney.

“The events of that day will weigh heavily on me for the rest of my life," it said. "My thoughts go out to the loved ones of the deceased.”

The identities of the men killed were released Friday.

They are Miguel Antonio Dejesus, 38, and Diego Ortiz, 30. Official records show that each of them had a prior arrest in Harris County for drug offenses.

The men were reportedly shot at a distance of less than 15 feet.

A woman who lives nearby who asked not to be identified told CBS News affiliate KHOU correspondent Rucks Russell that she always saw Horn as a grandfather figure. "He is the guardian of the neighborhood," she said. "He takes care of all our kids. If we ever need anything, we call him.”

But according to Tom Lambright, Horn’s attorney and a friend for more than four decades, he’s the one in need now. “He just needs everyone to know he’s not a villain, he’s not a bad guy,” Lambright said.

He went on to say that Horn voluntarily gave an extensive video statement to police immediately following the shooting.

Horn was not taken into custody after the shooting. A Harris County grand jury will decide if charges are to be filed.

Lambright says Horn acted in complete and total self defense and has nothing to hide.

Local opinion has been passionate on both sides of the shooting.

One letter to the Houston Chronicle said, "He didn't shoot them in the legs, to make sure they did not run away, or hold them at gunpoint until police arrived. No, he was judge, jury and executioner."

Another letter writer praised Horn, saying, "Where does the line form to pin a medal on Joe Horn? I want to get in line." Another wrote, "Let's get rid of the police force and just hire Joe Horn!"

Support for Horn was also running about 2-1 in an online survey of readers on the KHOU Web site.

The incident may prove a test for a new law recently passed in Texas which expands the right of citizens to use deadly force.

Under Texas law, people may use deadly force to protect their own property or to stop arson, burglary, robbery, theft or criminal mischief at night.

But the legislator who authored the "castle doctrine" bill told the Chronicle it was never intended to apply to a neighbor's property, to prompt a "'Law West of the Pecos' mentality or action," said Republican Sen. Jeff Wentworth. "You're supposed to be able to defend your own home, your own family, in your house, your place of business or your motor vehicle."

E

eLiguL

Ive been a victim myself and my warmest wishes goes out to you. Ill just reiterate what many have stated earlier and that is only material/replacable things were taken. You still have what matters most. Keep your head up.

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
George Hayduke said:
One letter to the Houston Chronicle said, "He didn't shoot them in the legs, to make sure they did not run away, or hold them at gunpoint until police arrived. No, he was judge, jury and executioner."

Another letter writer praised Horn, saying, "Where does the line form to pin a medal on Joe Horn? I want to get in line." Another wrote, "Let's get rid of the police force and just hire Joe Horn!"

Support for Horn was also running about 2-1 in an online survey of readers on the KHOU Web site.

The incident may prove a test for a new law recently passed in Texas which expands the right of citizens to use deadly force.

Under Texas law, people may use deadly force to protect their own property or to stop arson, burglary, robbery, theft or criminal mischief at night.

But the legislator who authored the "castle doctrine" bill told the Chronicle it was never intended to apply to a neighbor's property, to prompt a "'Law West of the Pecos' mentality or action," said Republican Sen. Jeff Wentworth. "You're supposed to be able to defend your own home, your own family, in your house, your place of business or your motor vehicle."
let me jsut start this off by saying that having something stolen is a horrible thing to have happen to you. having your life threatend is an even worse offense that one human being can do to another. but teh jist of this post is a probem to me. i would rather him have just wounded the men and not kill them, no matter how much of a matriarch he may be to that neighborhood. we have to put a lil more value on human life.

the main reason i say this is that there are alotta people that are going to be making "mistakes" just like the cops say they do. and i dont want to see anyone die over my plants or anything in my home for that matter. now lets get things str8 b4 i leave here so that all can understand what im sayin since we cant see each other (the only thing that i hate about posting my opinion cause it cant be discussed properly) would i shoot someone that i caught in the act of robbing my neighbor or my own?YES; would i shoot someone that has threatend my life or the life of anyone in my family?YES; would i KILL someone for these offenses? NO.

people are people, and people make mistakes, and just THINK for a sec about that type of law. we already have as much mayhem on our streets/neighborhoods to deal with as is, why have something that gives anyone the "go ahead" KILL someone else. those ideals just leave too much room for variables and will only lead to/breed chaos. :joint:

Last edited:
If I see anyone breaking into my house or my neighbors house that mother****er better watch out. I don't know if they are violent or not. i don't know if the are gunna' try and hit my house up next. i don't know if they've hurt my neighbors. if i can wound them i would. if i accidently kill them while trying to wound the person... to bad. If you don't want to be shot by an old man and his shot gun... don't break into someones house! You're in Texas... what in the hell do you expect? I'm pretty sure most people in texas have ATLEAST one gun

Last edited:
E

eLiguL

The old man, Horn, is gonna end up going to jail. What he did was basically take the law into his own hands. He escalated a break and enter into murder. He has a transcript of his actions/thoughts all on tape and after reading it, anyone with any common sense knows that it wasnt self defense (self defense dictates that if you had the option to run and didnt then it is not self defense). He actively went into harms way when the operator repeatedly told him not to and on top of it he brought his gun when he knew they didnt have a firearm.

Ive been broken into myself and know the feeling of being violated in your own home, its not pleasant to say the least. These bastards that do it deserve to rot in jail but what horn did was uncalled for. Even though he was the neighbour guardian he had no right to do what he did. If he was a responsible guardian he would have set an example for the children in the neighbourhood and did the right thing and waited for the cops to come.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I feel for ya man.......

I've been burglarized myself & caught the little fvcker (a kid of a good friend of mine!) who I made pay me back with the worst/filthiest laborious jobs I could put his unemployed ass to doing. I was robbed by him while out of state on an extended stay for work, therefore the stuff was gone by the time I discovered it. Of course because he was able to come and go for a prolonged period of time he eventually stole anything worth more than $5.00. All my hunting, trapping (I don't trap animals! I just collect antique traps), fishing gear, anything collectible. Years of cool memorabilia gone, like a part of my being or personality was stolen.......

I know the feeling and surely sympathise with you.
You'll need to be especially careful now as you're in an unfriendly med mj state & this scumbag(s) might use the knowledge of your growing to attain a 'get out of jail free' card if busted for burglary some time.

Please be careful bro.

Last edited:
E

eLiguL

Stoner4Life said:

You'll need to be especially careful now as you're in an unfriendly med mj state & this scumbag(s) might use the knowledge of your growing to attain a 'get out of jail free' card if busted for burglary some time.

Please be careful bro.

That actually got me thinking, maybe you should move before you decide to setup again. Nothing worse than starting up again and the piggies kicking down your door one day.

TaxiBoy

Just wanted to everyone know that we are back up and running. We aren't at full speed, but we are definately making headway. Our garden is no longer in our home, but in a place that is actually 10 times safer. And the pit puppy no longer chews on table legs and shreds anything not bolted to the floor, so he is now happily roaming his home 24/7 with no constraints.

Again, my wife and I want to thank everyone for their kind words and blessings. 2008 should be a good year for us. We have been gifted some unique and interestingly powerful medical genetics, and I will be making my first batch of beans to send to Seedbay to be given away as freebies early in the new year! I'm thinking of a cross of heirloom Oaxacan Gold x Sour Diesel, or maybe some Chocolate Bubba. Haven't quite figured it all out yet, but it will be fun nonetheless.

Peace and holiday greetings to all!

TB

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
sorry to hear oif ur theft....happy to hear ur up n running again.... Id edefinately heed the advioce above ur last post though.... even if its not in ur house theres nothing stopping em following u...
Take some precuations such as never, absoloutely never ever at all in any circumstances take a mobile phone to ur remote grow location......
seriously though id have moved towns.....

Latest posts

Latest posts