What's new

Coming home from work to find your door kicked in and everything you own is now gone

TaxiBoy

is about as close to feeling raped one could get, without being sexually assaulted. :badday:

I had the inclination to leave work a couple of hours early today. On my way home, I stopped to pick up a bite to eat, then straight home. I pulled up to the front of my house, and all seemed completely normal. I did notice that some squirrels had made a mess on the front porch with a fall meal of whatever squirrels eat this time of year, but nothing to alert me to what I was to find inside. I unlocked the front door and proceeded inside, still nothing out of the norm... until i notice that the light is on down the hall. I NEVER leave lights on. I am almost OCD about it, as is my wife. Immediately I called out, "I'm letting the Pit Bull out. If anyone is here, you have about 30 seconds left before you are bleeding with 100lbs of teeth tearing through your ass" and let the dog out. He IMMEDIATELY runs to the back of the house, where my grow is. My heart is about to ****ing explode at this point. He starts belly growling and I'm convinced that I'm going to confront a theif. EVEN WORSE, I see my back door kicked in, and then I see the door to my grow room kicked in, and EVERYTHING WAS GONE. The tent, lights, fans, nutes, soil bags, waterfarms, my 55 gal rez and chiller, EVERYTHING. Every last ****ing item down to the last piece of perlite. I immediately swung around out of the room and grabbed a knife from the kitchen and began to explore the house. Going room by room, I noticed that every TV in the house is gone, all the home theater equipment, my safe, all of my finished meds, checkbooks, credit cards, my wife's new bicycle, and even our ****ing new BED. The rat bastards stole OUR BED!!! :badday:

We are security nuts. Nobody knows what we do here, none of our friends even know we SMOKE. The only people with knowledge that we even GROW, nevermind WHERE WE GROW, are my brother and my best friend of 25 years, both of whom we trust with our lives and freedom. We are both medical users in an unfriendly state, and some cocksucking THIEF just ruined everything I have worked hard for over the years, probably to sell for pennies on the dollar to purchase narcotics.

If you are so inclined, please say a prayer for my wife and I. We could certainly use a hand right now, and a "spiritual hand" from those who taught us how to provide our own medicine would mean a lot, as silly as that may sound.

Please, be safe brothers and sisters. Even when you think you have it all figured out, with no weak points in your security, please try to come up with a couple of additions to your list of precautions. I would hate to see this happen to anyone else, even those I don't know personally.

Peace to you and yours,
TaxiBoy

Last edited:

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
sorry to hear about this... people are scum. ive been robbed a few times, leaves you feeling violated. hope you get back on your feet soon. i know they stole grow eq but did you call the cops about the other stuff?

soulfly22583

Trust me.. I'm A Professional..
Veteran
Damn sorry to hear this Taxi... sending as many good vibes your way as I can.

I hope that the bastard(s) know that what goes around, will always come around.

damn that is horrible news to hear, my heart goes out to you and your family.
I am always paranoid about leaving the house for fear of this sort of thing happening. Wish they would of kick the door in and got their ass ripped open by the pit.

Sounds like a grower to be honest. Most thieves wouldnt bother stealing nutes, let alone a tent and res.. A bed I could see as everyone sleeps...but nutes and a res?? thats a little much.. either it was personal and they wanted to really get at ya, or they have a use for the stuff..

again, sorry to hear the news, what state are you in, cali?

stay safe my friend
-stb

TaxiBoy

Endo - No cops were called, yet. I am going over the place with a fine-tooth comb before inviting the piggies inside.

soulfly22583 - Karma can be a bitch, and these scumfuks will learn that without a doubt.

Sauron - I thought the same thing, about the thief knowing exactly what they stumbled onto. I live in the midwest now, having moved out here from Cali.

Thanks for the good vibes, all.

KEEP IT SAFE!!!

G

sorry to hear this :badday:

had the same thing happen when I first moved into this house. before we were able to have the alarm and security doors installed someone broke in and stole just about everything. since they stole the tvs and such, it's quite possible that they didn't know you had the grow and broke in for just normal stuff, but stumbled onto the plants.

as far as calling the cops goes... i'm in a really nice neighborhood and it took them 3 hours to show up. it wasn't even a real cop, just a community service officer. about all they did was check the door for prints. take your time to clean the house before calling them.

G

I didnt want to say this.The longer I'm on the planet the less surprised I am at what people you trust and know will do for money.A couple years back my neighbor caught my brothers fat ass trying to crawl through my dogdoor..I hope its a stranger and remember your wife and dog are fine

mark6699331

Sounds like an inside job. Maybe someone overheard your brother and other person that knew talking or saw you leave a hydro shop or something.

I'll say a couple prayers for you guys. At least the dog is ok! You can't replace those and your wife too.

Shit i lost EVERYTHING to a fire a couple years back and it leaves you feeling lost. You got us here at IC if you need anybody to chat with this about.

Good Luck

m

TaxiBoy

I'm about 99.975% certain that I was targeted for a simple B&E and they stumbled upon my garden. MY brother and best friend both live about a thousand miles away.

The American - MY first calm thought after submitting to the reality of things was one of being thankful that my dog was ok and that my wife wasn't home. Some things could never be replaced...

La Resistance - The porkers took that long to come out to you? Makes me cringe...

G

gdawg

where was the pit @ time of robbery? i'm not sayin he did it, but don't seem like a stranger could unload your house with the pit there. sorry bro i feel for ya and have been there.

TaxiBoy

I keep him crated during the day, simply out of habit. I crate trained him as a puppy to curb his chewing on furniture and to help house break him. From this point forward, however, he will have full access to the house during all hours.

G

yep, they said that since the thief had already left it wasn't a priority, which is why the unarmed cso was sent out instead of a patrol officer

Patsheba

Yes, it does take a long time for the cops to come if the perp is gone. And they don't pay attention to you showing them the strange footprints, and places where maybe they could get good finger prints.

For someone to cart all that off, they must have had a truck? Or made a couple trips? Or had several cars? Or just had a wagon to move it over to their house?

What your neighbors have to say?

G

Sorry for your troubles bro ... I was broken in on about 6 months ago and not being able to move, it just sits in your gut for along time. I sat up with a gun for the longest just waiting for the return.

They also stole my grow but only the budding plants. Needless to say I scrapped the rest for brighter days. I hope you get through this soon. It sux not having your meds. You never realize how good it is til it's gone.

Sending some positive thoughts your way.

Take Care now and don't let this break your spirit.

Mo,

Gumbala

oh man!

oh man!

Fok Dude!!!

I know exactly how you feel! Just happened to me, Ill tell you what,

Move asap! that is the best way to feel better, I am still where I am because I own my house, it wont be long till I move as well the house will be sold , because no matter how much security I have now, people know whats up and you will never fully relax.

When they are going for herb they take herb they usually leave. These guys were out for everything they could sell which tells me they are druggies for sure, anyone with sense would be in and out quick..

But since they spent some time, i would say also they have been watching you and they know your schedule.

I feel your pain bro! i lost more then I care to say on here, but this will be my last grow here. One of the worst feelings one can experience truly. :badday:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
That really sucks man, I feel bad for you
Hopefully you can get your stuff back going again
Take care man

TaxiBoy

Patsheba - I would guess that they had to have a van or truck or something. Upon asking my immediate neighbors, it seems that I was robbed by ghosts because nobody saw or heard a thing. Now, I have a steel door in the rear of my house with a security casing and it was forced inward with at least 15 distinct footprints where it was kicked (at least 15 that I can make out, who knows how many are really there), and we all know that kicking a HEAVY DOOR that many times makes a shitload of noise. There is a home 3 down from my own where a group of scuzzy looking kids just moved in and they coincidentally have a van. I'm thinking, though, that much like dogs, thieves don't shit where they sleep.

Mo'Zart - Sorry to hear about your loss, bro. I don't have a firearm at my residence, but I'm sure I'll be up for quite a while, worrying and waiting. Thanks for the kind words.

Gumbala - Moving is definately a thought that I am considering. I don't think I can ever feel safe here again, unfortunately. I'm sorry to hear that you have recently been through the same situation. I hope you are easily able to turn around and get back to tending your garden.

Dr. Dog - Thanks for the good vibes, Doc. It's much appreciated.

Linenoise

I feel your pain and am sorry for your loss (both property and sense of security). I was broken into a few years back (well that was the last time I was burglarized anyhow) I felt violated for several years. I would always feel paranoid coming home after that. I looked at all my neighbors differently. I never got over it until I finally moved and I still feel pretty cynical about people in general (having been a victim of this thing on multiple occasions)

As for calling the police. The only reason to bother with them is if you have insurance. Otherwise all they are doing is recording the incident for statistical purposes (which they muck up to support their need for more money or to say they are doing good work).

I stopped calling the cops for anything years ago, they are worthless imo, and seem to only add to my stress. Plus they wont even bother looking for stolen goods as their time is better spent collecting money from fines than actually serving the community.

See..I told ya I am jaded and cynical.

Latest posts

Latest posts