What's new

Coming home from work to find your door kicked in and everything you own is now gone

Gumbala

Damn yeah what good are neighbors like that! You do have footprints which seeming odd is a good way cops find people.

Thanks for the kind words, as much as these times suck, they also remind us how quick life can change and to enjoy the good times and when the hell comes, dont stop to look around.

Thieves do shit where they sleep, the house that did it to me is on the same street, i can see them everyday, i am just lucky that i have some sense not to well.. you know...

TaxiBoy said:
Patsheba - I would guess that they had to have a van or truck or something. Upon asking my immediate neighbors, it seems that I was robbed by ghosts because nobody saw or heard a thing. Now, I have a steel door in the rear of my house with a security casing and it was forced inward with at least 15 distinct footprints where it was kicked (at least 15 that I can make out, who knows how many are really there), and we all know that kicking a HEAVY DOOR that many times makes a shitload of noise. There is a home 3 down from my own where a group of scuzzy looking kids just moved in and they coincidentally have a van. I'm thinking, though, that much like dogs, thieves don't shit where they sleep.

Mo'Zart - Sorry to hear about your loss, bro. I don't have a firearm at my residence, but I'm sure I'll be up for quite a while, worrying and waiting. Thanks for the kind words.

Gumbala - Moving is definately a thought that I am considering. I don't think I can ever feel safe here again, unfortunately. I'm sorry to hear that you have recently been through the same situation. I hope you are easily able to turn around and get back to tending your garden.

Dr. Dog - Thanks for the good vibes, Doc. It's much appreciated.

DrHydro

TaxiBoy said:
From this point forward, however, he will have full access to the house during all hours.

Good... I leave my dogs free to run the house... 3 pitbulls(1 is still a pup from the full grown male and female i have)... If you broke into my house you would be a idiot... Dogs are a must have.. I dont give a fvck what anyone says..

Last edited:

DrHydro

Linenoise said:
I stopped calling the cops for anything years ago, they are worthless imo, and seem to only add to my stress. Plus they wont even bother looking for stolen goods as their time is better spent collecting money from fines than actually serving the community.

Man, I know that shit is true..

Gumbala

How do you train your pits not to fok up the house while your gone? I plan on letting mine roam free just want the house to stay in good shape.

DrHydro said:
Good... I leave my dogs free to run the house... 3 pitbulls(1 is still a pup from the full grown male and female i have)... If you broke into my house you would be a idiot... Dogs are a must have.. I dont give a fvck what anyone says..

Orangecrush

Man that really sucks Taxi. There have been a few robberies on my street in the past couple months, one of em was even at a cops house! I dont think they have caught the guys that did it yet, but one person lost pretty much everything.

What exactly do you plan on doing Taxi? Are you going to call the cops? I've never been in a situation like that and no one I've known personally has been through something like this. My heart goes out to you and your wife and even though it is probably pretty hard to do this right now, just try to stick with the positives. Thank God your dog and your wife are ok!

Mackawber

Sounds like the rippers knew exactly what they were looking for. Since only 2 other people knew then you know where the leak is. The 2 people you trusted ran their mouthes and told other people. Find out who.

They will deny it but you know what they did. Change your setup, install security cameras, install more deadbolts, alarms, etc. Change your work schedule and become unpredictable.

marx2k

Veteran
Rippers don't take your bed. This was a B&E that got more than they thought they would. Probably those rat ****s 3 doors down.

DrHydro

Gumbala said:
How do you train your pits not to fok up the house while your gone? I plan on letting mine roam free just want the house to stay in good shape.

When you first start to let them run around.. You need to be there to smack them in the ass or head.. hard anuf to let them know whos boss and that its wrong... If they continue to do it smack them even harder... Another thing you can do if they dont listen is lock them back up for a while (dont forget to smack the dog before you lock it up).. They will learn to do the right thing so they dont get locked up... Toys can help the dog not to chew on other shit.. Its not very hard to get a dog to do what you want.. Just takes time... Depends on the dog and the owner as well.. like if the dog dont have food in its bowl it might go dig shit out the trash.. Just do it and learn from it.. Then you will know what needs to be done.. And in the end it feels good to have well trained doggs in the house.. trust me.. you dont want your dogs to be too nice anyways.. Just dont allow any type of aggression to anyone in your family from the dog(not that you would).. like i said let them know whos boss..

EDIT: GIve the dog treats when ever it does right.. Trust me they will do anything to get treats... Try not to give the dog treats unless you tell it to set or do somthing that is a command.. The dog will learn to listen with no problems...

Last edited:

marx2k

Veteran
Shit, I'd hate to be your dog.. or the 3 year old neighbor across the way who one day is going to get his face ripped off by your dog. Way to go.

D

DogBoy

Have you spoken to the neighbours about cctv, even if it only shows the street these people must have had transport and that transport used the roads. Check for vans on the street. Canvas the neighbours aswell, we all have the old lady in the street who sees everything, use her to your advantage. These people took their time too so you stand a good chance of at least getting some clues. Put cctv up on your house, even if it's dummy cams you'll scare people. Have a chat with the neighbours to get a look at their houses too, i know it sounds horrid but you might just stumble across your gear and even if you dont it lets them keep an eye open. Many eyes are better than one set. Dont bother with the police, they will just give you a crime number and smile politely while wandering off somewhere else. Use logic and your own skills to help yourself. You never know how lucky you will be until you try.

Also, think like a burglar. If you just got robbed in a months time your house will be filled with new stuff to replace the old. They know this and may be back, it's common to be burgled twice so make sure you take reasonable precaution.

Last edited:

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
damn dude, this is totally fukced up !!! hope it never happens to anyone else, but yeah i would definitely want to move and whatever you could have done to prevent it at the present home, make sure to do that AND THEN SOME to the new home. my wife wants a retriever, i want rotti, we are torn. but somethings gotta give.

man, positive vibes your way for sure dude , and your fam is safe. that is key. but try putting the word out there that you are looking for a tv or some of the things you got stolen, i am sure you will bump into someone that knows the people selling your shit, or maybe have whomever you know (where you are) start asking some questions about it, if you had pics on the wall then they more than likely know what you look like, i tell my wife i hate putting things like that on the wall, but oh well, bad enough the SOB's break in, but now they know what you look like aswell?!?!? fek that dude.

but yeah, let the dogs loose dude, get that firearm, and keep the next grow superbly secret!! be safe dude. do WHATEVER you have to do to at least put finger on who got your stuff, discretely and reserved. you go making noise/waves, cats will quickly go back into hiding until things are safe since they don't want any unneeded attention, or they just might try to visit you again. it can be done, its all in the way you do it, cause i agree with the other guy, cops ain't worth shit but to process donuts. protect and serve who?

Last edited:
G

I'd definately get a dog a definately forget about a firearm at your grow,you may become surprised and shoot someone!Even worse someone might snatch it from you and shoot your dog!

Ganico

Veteran
That's ****ed up, probably just someone who broke in and got found the grow like you said

But man, don't crate dogs. I guess you learned your lesson the hard way.
Especially not pitbulls! Pitbulls are high energy dogs,man. That's some real bullshit right there. It's not a damn rabbit. If you're lazy or too busy all the time then a pit ain't the dog for you. You even let them get a good hours exercise in each day? You also should read up some info on basic dog psychology and training

If it was loose in the house like it should've been you wouldn't have gotten robbed like that.

Not trying to be an asshole or anything. But the thought of crating a pitbull all day pisses me off, that's plain abuse.

Last edited:
D

DogBoy

If you leave the dog out they will simply find a way round him. They post poisoned meat through the letterbox, take a shovel and hit him, the list goes on. Dogs are good deterents for while your there but they are backup, nothing else. Dogs on their own are easy to stop. Caging your dog is probably the reason he is alive today, the fact they broke in knowing the dog was there and left it alone shows they didnt care you had a dog.

Your dog may be a good friend but he's a poor choice of guard, they are easily stopped and generally at the cost of their lives. Ask yourself what you would do if you were a burglar and needed to avoid a single dog to steal some high value goods, your not going to be nice about it. Regardless of breed they can be easily stopped, that's why security dogs travel in packs or have an owner/handler with them.

G

I also have dogs ... Killer poodles:D ... I also cage my dogs when I am not around it is not inhumane. The next time you grow have a lock on the grow room door. I did and didn't lock it ... stupid me. If my dogs had not been caged they would most likely be dead and that would be worse to me than any weed or material item they could have taken. Also I don't really have a gun so to speak just a old rifle ... most likely would have jammed and got me killed. So guns although the thought to teach these scum a lesson is not a good idea.

Just take care and the bad feelings will eventually subside. Although I suspect everyone that drives by my home now.

G

I have to agree and the thought of putting my best friend in danger hasn't slipped by me.I like to believe in many instances a big barker can work as a deterrent effect,maybe inducing second thoughts..I have to agree though if you want it bad enough a dog won't stop you.

D

DogBoy

Seeing my friends Alsation with a spade through his head was the point i realised the error of a single guard dog. He was my friend and very loyal and our nievity helped get him killed. I always regret that and use every opportunity i can to ensure others dont have to see that sight. It's awful and i'm glad i never caught the person/people responsible. What did he die for? A few hundred pounds cash and a cheap ass television. Sad really.

G

So sorry to hear all this.Robbers make me white hot mad, my nieghborhood is full of teenage robbers and graffiti wizards.Last year they tried to break into my barn by pushing in the wall mount ac unit but I caught them and smoked some kid on the back with an oar.Theres no telling what a crackhead will do if they need money.Fortunately they only come around at night when I'm generally at home.I've had cops in my yard chasing these kids 6 times since May.Cops pounding on your door at 1 am sucks but it beats a thief...Hope it levels out for you.Your mind can be your worst enemy when you want revenge.PEACE!!!MUCHA LUCHA!!! :joint: :badday: :badday: :joint:

TaxiBoy said:
I'm about 99.975% certain that I was targeted for a simple B&E and they stumbled upon my garden. ...
:spank: First let me say im sorry Bro :badday: .Its hard to see a stranger pulling up with a truck(would have to have one to move such things,imo)and taking a bed.Thats weird,stealing a bed.But i had the same thing happen to me not too long ago(not to the extent of youres though),these teen punks broke into my spot(found out later.!),they were known for robbing houses n cars.They stumbled on my grow,got all my mothers,and they took some flouros ,they couldnt get the HPS down,with the parabolic.But,they didnt know a grow was there,they were just thievin n lucked out.Got 3 huge dryed PowerPlants :spank: .So it does happen that it just is bad luck n not an inside job.But i would deff ask the neighbors if they seen a truck at youre house around the time of the
fucking scumbag thievin!!Peace and stay safe Bro,PVP :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts