What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miquiztli

the guy was parked across the street for about 30min. I didn't answer,but when i did open the door i saw him leaving the neighbors house. He then moved his car one house down across the street. I have order control maybe not enough. If you step right in front of garage you can smell a bit. I doubt it that my neighbors complained. I guess I gotta ask old man across street

C

CaliGabe

Where the flower pics at? Bring back cob, self, paco, an mrdank.
My friends and I are all in veg till the sun tilts a bit lower. We do the outdoor thing for like 90% of it except the light dep going off so flower pics soon to come. Sorry we're not doing enough indoor to suit your fancy. My friends and I can only provide Rocky Mountain High outdoor pics for the time being.

Ok. So looks like I will be coming into a decent chunk of cash the beginning of 2015. I'm looking to buy 40 acres, build a home and warehouse/greenhouse on the property. Can anyone publicly or privately suggest to me counties within an hour or two west-ish to Denver metro that might be a good place to do this? Where I might find a "state congruent" type of attitude from the nearby city/county to carry out my caregivership and possibly the rest of my life in peace?

I thought you weren't suppose to "caregive" if you had ownership of a dispensary? Could be wrong.

Your plan sounds so god damn awesome though. I wish to do the exact same thing. Unfortunately my business dealings keep me in the big "shitty." :)

The state is moving to kill the caregiver side of things so they can extract their $50K lic. fees on all growers. They now offer growers/producer lic., retailer/dispensory Lic., and manufacturer lic.. There is a lab Lic. too but i haven't gotten one confirmed word from the state aqbout the requirements nor the scope of that... certainly not growing, concentrating or selling of any kind that route.

I would seriously look at the Penrose/canon City area if you get your own water rights to go with the property. The state is siding with the feds about who controls the water. Colorado has spent MANY days in court fighting about water since the late 60s...The explossion of suites started around then but there have been fights since this was the Texas territory. Many small comunities are using the Feds backing water works to refuse selling water to growers...So no matter where you pick be certain to pay for a solid legal research on the water rules BEFORE you comit to buying any property.

currently looking for or considering attempting to re-create a true RoadKill Skunk....

Good luck with that Seaf0ur. The rabies have reduced their number drasticlly the last 2 years. JK:biggrin:

Or was someone else right to put C4 instead of Seaf0ur? That is the designation given to 1984 through 1996 Corvettes...It means Corvette Generation 4. And my personal favorite to build.

C

CaliGabe

The state is moving to kill the caregiver side of things so they can extract their $50K lic. fees on all growers. They now offer growers/producer lic., retailer/dispensory Lic., and manufacturer lic.. There is a lab Lic. too but i haven't gotten one confirmed word from the state aqbout the requirements nor the scope of that... certainly not growing, concentrating or selling of any kind that route.
The only thing CO is ensuring is the survival of the black market in fact they are supporting it.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Sea... C4... whatever.... and since the old school "actual dead body of the animal, skunk" type strains seem all but lost, I think its a project worth starting...

How a "skunk" can be sweet is beyond me.... I want foul.... and I cant seem to find what I remember anywhere, so I think mixing all the funkiest skunkiest old school strains I can find is something that appeals to me... at least try to bring roadkill back...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sea... C4... whatever.... and since the old school "actual dead body of the animal, skunk" type strains seem all but lost, I think its a project worth starting...

How a "skunk" can be sweet is beyond me.... I want foul.... and I cant seem to find what I remember anywhere, so I think mixing all the funkiest skunkiest old school strains I can find is something that appeals to me... at least try to bring roadkill back...

:yeahthats
I grew up getting the SKUNKY skunk, dead (or alive) skunk smell, that.. skunk spray smell, LOUD as all HELL. seems like it is a kinda dead lineage, nearly impossible to find in Colorado that's for sure IME.
U r on the right track searching down the RKS & "shit" via Mr. Nice, those were the "leads" i found as well looking for the true skunky skunk, kinda knowing that all those "sweet" skunks (i call them dutch or "euro" skunks) that do NOT have the traits we are talking about, are only describing a growth patter more than a flavor/terpene profile.

hats off to u c4 (quicker to type than.... anything else)
:biggrin:

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Well, thats what I mean... take some things like "shit" maybe catpiss, superskunk or exodus cheese... mix em up and look for those good phenos....

In fact... I need all of those strains now... seriously. LOL

The only cheese i am running is Blue Cheese. I haven't finnished it yet but will let you know if it gets that hard smell. My white widows will sometimes get very skunky but not quite as bad as you are talking.

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
I thought you weren't suppose to "caregive" if you had ownership of a dispensary? Could be wrong.

Your plan sounds so god damn awesome though. I wish to do the exact same thing. Unfortunately my business dealings keep me in the big "shitty." :)

Used to be that way. I'm considering retirement in the near future. Unfortunately, some legislation in my city prevents me from growing for more than myself at home :/ I like watering in my boxers!

Jhhnn

Veteran
Canon city & environs are pretty conservative, home to Colorado's prison industrial complex.

I'd suggest taking a look at Pueblo County, east of town along 'business hwy 50" around Blende, Vineland & Avondale. Check the satellite view on Google maps. It's actual farm country, much of it with irrigation water. North of the highway, parcels sit atop bluffs overlooking the river to the north, affording a lot of privacy.

Plan B, if you will.

Jhhnn

Veteran

I would seriously look at the Penrose/canon City area if you get your own water rights to go with the property. The state is siding with the feds about who controls the water. Colorado has spent MANY days in court fighting about water since the late 60s...The explossion of suites started around then but there have been fights since this was the Texas territory. Many small comunities are using the Feds backing water works to refuse selling water to growers...So no matter where you pick be certain to pay for a solid legal research on the water rules BEFORE you comit to buying any property.

It's smart to be sure about water, no doubt. OTOH, The USBR is just covering their bureaucratic ass. If they squawk about a particular grower, it'll be to the DoJ who will follow their own guidelines wrt marijuana. I think you can do what you want within those guidelines-

http://www.denverpost.com/marijuana...wers-colorado-and-washington-cant-use-federal

Can anybody tell me what pages you guys discuss Colorado legal weed growi g realities?
Is anybody making money or are the taxes and fees killing ya?

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Can anybody tell me what pages you guys discuss Colorado legal weed growi g realities?
Is anybody making money or are the taxes and fees killing ya?

This is the Co thread.
The folks with the licenses/money, are making money.

Folks w/o the licenses can't sell legally. Sooooooo, you probably won't hear about that/from them.

Prices at the Dispensaries seem to be dropping some. Saw where one was advertising $179 an ounce (special).

I just grow for myself. Strictly by the book and maintain the low #s specified. I am strictly recreational/self medicating! lol

Jhhnn

Veteran
This is the Co thread.
The folks with the licenses/money, are making money.

Folks w/o the licenses can't sell legally. Sooooooo, you probably won't hear about that/from them.

Prices at the Dispensaries seem to be dropping some. Saw where one was advertising $179 an ounce (special).

I just grow for myself. Strictly by the book and maintain the low #s specified. I am strictly recreational/self medicating! lol

Colorado retail growing is organized around capitalism. A few $100K might get you going, but more, a lot more, would be better. At that, be prepared to lose your ass, depending on skill, luck & the alignment of the planets.

We grow just like 2 Legal Co- strictly personal & utterly non-commercial.

S

SooperSmurph

Everyone wants cheaper ounces, but no one realizes those cheaper ounces come at the expense of the plant itself, in the short and long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.