What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Cancel Culture

Three Berries

My images have been cancelled - due to Bandwidth Limitations.

"No Images For You !" said the Bandwidth Fascists.

I actually I don't want to let the greedy f*cks to force me to pay more for Internet than the $30 a month I was paying.
Woes of Hotspots? I use about 50-80 GBs a month of data through a hotspot. Consumer Cellular is the way to go if you can use ATT or T mobile.

Three Berries

FodZZZfXsAMox9p

Three Berries

Culling of the HERD?​

Can't have any free beefs on the loose come hard times....

US Government Issues Kill Order for Cows in New Mexico Amid Pressure from Environmentalists

https://www.westernjournal.com/ap-us...ws-new-mexico/

A helicopter with a shooter will fly over a portion of the vast Gila Wilderness in southwestern New Mexico next week, searching for feral cows to kill.

U.S. Forest Service managers approved the plan Thursday to protect sensitive spots in the nation’s first designated wilderness area. The move sets the stage for legal challenges over how to handle unbranded livestock and other stray cows as drought deepens in the West.

The Gila National Forest issued the decision amid pressure from environmental groups who raised concerns about nearly 150 cattle whose hooves and mouths are damaging streams and rivers.

audiohi

Veteran

Culling of the HERD?​

wait... you're mad about the killing of animals? or is it the use of a helicopter to destroy animals?

is this just a selective outrage thing?

I'd love to see what your town did if someone released feral cows into your corn fields.

New Idaho law allows killing up to 90 percent of state’s wolves​

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/idaho-bill-90-percent-of-wolves-to-be-killed

The act will allow for wolves—animals which many in the state perceive as harmful to livestock and elk—to be hunted just about any way, including being shot from airplanes, helicopters, ATVs, and snow machines. Baiting and night hunting with spotlights will be permitted. It allows trapping and snaring wolves on private property year-round, and each hunter can purchase an unlimited number of tags for killing the predators.

The act paves the way for $300,000 in state funds to go specifically toward killing wolves that prey on elk, an annual increase of $190,000. This is an addition to more than $500,000 the state earmarks toward killing wolves that attack livestock. Some of this money can be given to individuals as reimbursement for expenses accrued killing wolves, which many critics see as a return to the bounty-hunting system that led to the near-elimination of wolves from the Lower 48 in the early 20th century.

Last edited:

Three Berries

wait... you're mad about the killing of animals? or is it the use of a helicopter to destroy animals?

is this just a selective outrage thing?

I'd love to see what your town did if someone released feral cows into your corn fields.

New Idaho law allows killing up to 90 percent of state’s wolves​

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/idaho-bill-90-percent-of-wolves-to-be-killed
They would call the farmer and tell them to come get their cows. But then the corn field is not a wilderness area. Aren't there any wild beast other than cows around in a wilderness area?

Three Berries

According to the Telegraph, publisher Puffin Books has made a number of changes to certain portions of the works of Roald Dahl, in order to remove any “offensive” language. The edited books include his most famous works: “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” “James and the Giant Peach,” “Matilda” and “The Twits.”

The most common things changed relate to the characters’ physical appearance, removing words such as “fat,” as well as replacing some phrases with other gender-neutral ones.

For instance, in “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” the character of Augustus Gloop was described in the book as “enormously fat,” but that has now been altered to simply read “enormous.” Meanwhile, the “Oompa Lumpas,” who were previously described as “little men,” are now referred to as “little people.”

audiohi

Veteran
They would call the farmer and tell them to come get their cows. But then the corn field is not a wilderness area. Aren't there any wild beast other than cows around in a wilderness area?

do you now what feral means?

I'd say go look it up in a book, but this is what conservative libraries look like these days

t_12c8936b2c2543488ad69f3d89f23c93_name_image.jpg

remember when you idiots were mad about dr. seuss being canceled?

Three Berries

do you now what feral means?

I'd say go look it up in a book, but this is what conservative libraries look like these days

t_12c8936b2c2543488ad69f3d89f23c93_name_image.jpg

remember when you idiots were mad about dr. seuss being canceled?
Yes I have two feral cats. There are no feral cows around here. They would not last long before being run over or hit by a semi......

armedoldhippy

Veteran
wait... you're mad about the killing of animals? or is it the use of a helicopter to destroy animals? is this just a selective outrage thing?
i'd say to let folks go shoot them for the meat. or "rescue" them and take them home. ;) seems wasteful to shoot them and leave them there for the scavengers to dine on. but, birds and stuff gotta eat too... for pure outrage, it's hard to beat proposed culls of feral horses. Aussies love 'em! :yummy: both are destructive as hell (although nowhere near as bad as feral hogs) on their environment, which is why they are being removed. we seem to have a hell of a lot of protein wandering around where it shouldn't be...:chin:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
New Idaho law allows killing up to 90 percent of state’s wolves
nobody seems to be able to agree on how many wolves are enough. or, too many. plenty of folks head to Yellowstone hoping to see wolves, i'd like to go myself. but, their resurgence has knocked the elk population down considerably both inside the park and out on neighboring national forest lands where big chunks of money go into local coffers from elk hunters, who hire guides and outfitters . when elk numbers drop, hunters go elsewhere. when wolves are around, the elk and other wildlife don't spend much time out in the open posing for tourists with cameras either.

Three Berries

Sloppy kills.

Those are not hunters.

They're just killers.

I'd wager they didn't clean any of those kills and left them to rot.

Yes , what would you do with them?

Mice, rats, starlings; You just give it up and let them take over?

I use to have severe chipmunk problems and started feeding feral cats.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
When I was a kid one of the local farmer's bulls got loose and went on a month long rampage ranging up to 15-20 miles from its original location. .
The bull tore down fences trying to get at other farm's heifers. destroyed crops, attacked some steers at another farm. General mayhem . It had been shot at several times and wounded but the bull just kept going.
Finally a friend's dad spotted it in a pasture one evening eyeing his dairy cows with ill intent and he managed to end it's reign of terror with a .300 mag. It weighed close to a ton. They dug a big hole and tractored that bull into it and covered it up. A ten+ year old bull filled with testosterone doesnt make for very good eating.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Yes , what would you do with them?

Mice, rats, starlings; You just give it up and let them take over?

I use to have severe chipmunk problems and started feeding feral cats.

I'm not surprised you didn't have a clue what else to do with pork except let it rot.

Proper planning could have gotten food to hungry people in need.

Believe it or not hungry people will eat just about anything.

You can't really feed people on mice or starlings... but I bet plenty would eat wild hogs or ten year old beef.

Then again many wouldn't see anything good in the effort and probably complain about the hungry people being hungry.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Sloppy kills.

Those are not hunters.

They're just killers.

I'd wager they didn't clean any of those kills and left them to rot.
You're right.
They aren't hunters. They are exterminators.
Those pigs are like big rats.
The state of Texas says that about 50% of the feral hogs need to be eliminated every year just to keep the population in check.
They are invasive, cause enormous damage and carry disease and the larger ones are barely edible. They stink and taste how they smell. Bon appetit.