What's new

CAMBODIAN SATIVA

KAGNCHA

My cousin from "Sa Kaeo" Thailand sent me this...

Screenshot_20231019-050944~2.png
Screenshot_20231019-050928~2.png

He used to be a grower from Battambang, Cambodia. But most of Battambang farmers were growing weed in 1979 on to sell it to Thailand.

Last edited:

KAGNCHA

Snowhigh started smoking in the 80's. I have many lines of his, but I would like if he would not try to come off as an authority on what happened prior to him toking. He has history of different 60's and 70' lines but all from what he read or heard. No mention of that in his writing, I had to figure that out on my own.

The Cambodian seeds I got from monkey puzzle failed to germinate. I do however have the same line from hyp3rids now, also one mixed with Mexican. Have some of those growing right now. From the leaves I smoked of this line, it is one of the most euphoric and positive feelings I have had from pot. Hoping for trips though.
I'd smoked the Mexican weed before in Tijuana. One of the best SATIVA!

led05

Chasing The Present
Snowhigh started smoking in the 80's. I have many lines of his, but I would like if he would not try to come off as an authority on what happened prior to him toking. He has history of different 60's and 70' lines but all from what he read or heard. No mention of that in his writing, I had to figure that out on my own.
^ that and fact many of his lines originated from buddies of mine / ours, some of which he was asked not to make public but of course we all know how that goes…

If people would just pay proper respect & provide accurate provenance they would step on many less toes, but also probably sell a lot less seeds as the fairytale stories behind their gear dissipates like smoke in a room

KAGNCHA

^ that and fact many of his lines originated from buddies of mine / ours, some of which he was asked not to make public but of course we all know how that goes…

If people would just pay proper respect & provide accurate provenance they would step on many less toes, but also probably sell a lot less seeds as the fairytale stories behind their gear dissipates like smoke in a room
Ancient Khmer saying: "You can't hide an elephant carcass by just covering it with a bamboo basket."

KAGNCHA

I recently grew out a Kirivong from Zomia, do you have any pics of your Cambodian Red?
About the "Cambodian Red"...
If it's just a commercial name, I can understand that. But the Khmer people never had such a name.
It's just an imported strain from Thailand. To be exact, it's not even a Thai strain but it's a Thai imported strain from MYANMAR.

Screenshot_20231031-064527~2.png

...and it have an orange peel kinda smell to it.

Last edited:

GrandpaMillenial

@BruceNCG , ran into a thread by GrandpaMillenial and noticed that what he'd grown don't look too much like your picture man...

Post in thread 'Grandpa’s Kirivong Cambodian, Zomia Collective' https://www.icmag.com/threads/grandpas-kirivong-cambodian-zomia-collective.18126956/post-18387311

@BruceNCG
@KAGNCHA

I can answer this, its the environment I maintain in my grow tent, but mainly the lights.

Look at the girls under the HLG

IMG_9879.jpeg

IMG_9880.jpeg

IMG_9905.jpeg

Now look at the males grown under the blurples

IMG_9830.jpeg

IMG_9831.jpeg

Its the same package of 15 seeds, those hlg’s just seem to affect plant morphology.

You can see some of the Fan leaves on my current Columbian Golds starting to get a little wider

IMG_0326.jpeg

The highs are great, i will order more from zomia in the future.

But I gotta grow out some Tom Hill Haze seeds after I’m done with these lumbos

GrandpaMillenial

If it's just a commercial name, I can understand that. But the Khmer people never had such a name.
It's just an imported strain from Thailand. To be exact, it's not even a Thai strain but it's a Thai imported strain from MYANMAR.

View attachment 18912508

...and it have a orange peel kinda smell to it.

hmmm that actually makes a lot of sense, dj shorts thai was a western thai that may have been burmese, and thats all im seeing with that purple/red stem

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Are you saying the 'Cambodian Red' from the seventies or even earlier was a Burmese line? Not sure what you mean or if you are talking about present day stuff. The Burmese I have from ILE is about my favorite at the moment. It appears to have two phenos, the one with blue calyxes is almost a hybrid effect. I assume indica pollution happened.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
@Donald..
OK i try make this my last post on icmag.
you try to tell me my tripweed experience was just "sitting behind a computer eperience".
i told you clear enough how exactly the experience was.

what has this to do with "just behind the screen experinece".

And did substentially many people trip on weed (i only count hallucinating or higher states) post 70s 80s?

why does nobody come with anwser ?

so, do you seriously wanna overshade the fact that hipies DO REPORT such effects ?So you just let this question forrecetn tripreports (hallucinations / or higher states) unanwsered, and in same time dont aknowledge that tripreports like mentioned happend before that . (i mena you should be in the know knowledgable as you represent yourselve).

SO: this was my last post ever here. i dont care how you dillute/ change/ overshade my infos . There is no way nomore with us. I will stay in contact with lovers in PM, but with that i have nothing more to do from NOW.

Cannabis is known to cause occasional (usually setting-induced) hallucinations among smokers suffering schizo/schizoidal issues.

Any time someone mentions sativas, you come barreling in talking about the trip weed you are chasing. We all say here ya go, have some seeds, but then you lash back at each of us for some reason unknown to any of us.

What's more likely - that you found that one trippy plant in genetics others have smoked and what others have smoke just wasnt the trippy one so they didnt trip, but you did
- Or....that this is much more of a mental health issue and that we've all experienced trippy effects but you experience something a lil different because of your brain's neurochemistry and what ever set and setting you were in while smoking that.

Ive smoked some trippy shit that affects thoughts, sounds, vision, etc.
Yet, even though Ive tried to, Ive never had Mickey Mouse sitting in the room with me after smoking any of those trippy sativas.
Even on 3,300 ug of organic LSD, I didnt get hallucinations from smoking while tripping

One thing you've said really stands out to me. You've told me that you can decipher the exact qualities of a high a plant will produce just by looking at a plant. You've told me about the qualities of plants youve never grown or smoked simply by looking at pictures of plants other people post online.

Usually anytime we address you directly, you take it personally offensive and feign resigning from forums as if we are attacking you.
Im not.
I empathize with you. Its not easy having neuro-spiciness. Trust me, I know. In fact, most of us who make this plant our life have mental issues and thats why we make a life with this plant - its our medicine first.
Too much dopamine is a thing. It can cause not only delusions (i Know this plant just by looking at a picture) and hallucinations.

I hope you find peace and stability

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
its 2023 ,
sadly it seems that someone who sits behind a computer screen can know more than someone with first hand experience , just by reading some reports online ,
of course its not true and the guy with first hand knowledge wins every time ,
but you have to laugh a little with these know-it-alls, who have never even left their house but seem to be telling folks who have traveled to these places many times what the go is ...
Like when you told me my memories of Michoacan from '74 were bs? Like that?