What's new

Cambodian * Laos * Thai * Vietnam * Burma & SE Asians....

led05

Chasing The Present
man they look so fire! gotta love the long red pistils and the middle has nice square stem. some of the most important factors are pretty much ignored by "commercial" cannabis-
this is my favorite terpene article and it includes chocolope which gives a good comparison since it contains 69 haze male and choc thai. ocimene, guiaol, eudesmol are very high. i pulled some of the results out of paper to take a look

this graphic identified outlier terpenes which group together. bisabolol is linked the primal central asian xinijiang hashplants while faranesene is linked to se asia.
View attachment 18828989
View attachment 18828996

lskunk choco afgkush cbdskhaze bluchz purpksuh
View attachment 18828998
View attachment 18828999
View attachment 18829002
View attachment 18829004
View attachment 18829013
Thanks for the “save” lol and quality information :tiphat:

Rgd

Veteran
the molokai [not from you].....I found beautiful and unimpressive

***the fat durlumbo cut I selected is my fave atm...***

you do have some good shit..ledo5

romanoweed

@Piff_cat man i like you are one of few that feeds us with new infos about SE Asian/chinese Strains.
Specualtions about SE Asian Strains:

So, Cambodian you think has feral strains, because a Variegation thats liked to "feral strains".
nice. it matches with what i once thought about Reefermans Cambodian wich is very special, its SE Asian dreamy high as we know, but somewhat weak. Thats why i like it. Also Gyps Nirvanas Cambodain relased quiet long ago (still on seedbay? ) is low anxiety weed i heard..
There is a 1970 vid of a Cambodian Market where they sold Cambodian, fully seeded, very ruff just bundled many tops together, very brown.
Thats doesent mean that there wasnt absolutely druggy Cambodian. But often i feel there is like a different mindset in certain regions, sometimes there is just not so much of a "Trip me out you drugg weed" mindset i specualte that sometimes reflects in bouth the drug, and the hemp strains.
In other words, where there istn this "trip me out" mentality, the drug strains are a bit weaker, but the hemp is more loved and select, and soetimes more the attraction.
As comparison in Vietnam, they have the most druggy Strain on the planet its tripweed, there, the hemp is totally just that: HEMP, as if the drug strain is giving the Consumers all they need, and hence hemp totally unimportend. Thats just a Specualtion of me, but based on what i think i see. but we have occasional reports of rollercoster rides, and such. so thats in my theory hemp x drug.

In my oppinion Thailand is even less of a weedsmoker Contry pre 1970. It almost sounded as the elusive Thaistick wich came roundabout from easter thailand luang prabang, was first brought to thailand, probably outcrosed at times with Thai HEmp strains, but mostly very pure. i think that cause 1) some thai elders tell it, and wouldnt they prefferably say they breed the thaistick?, so its very believable.. 2) the notion that the thai are atleast in many regions not that much of weedsmokers, mostly in the northern thai regions they had some drugstrain. 3) that i heard very few old reports like pre2000, or pre1970 from thos non-drug thai regions, i only heard from a hallucinogenic southern thai, just at the brder to Indonesia.. then hallucinogenic thaistick, and not exactly hallucinogenic, but druggy northern Thai from Chiang mai, in all my research that was relatively in depth, (im more into vietnamese, laos). but we hear little about mid thailand drug strains

From laos im pretty shure they had strong weed, allho i found relatively few infos about smokereports and strains, but what ive seen was very thinleaved often, so and overally of this kind, but powerfull/ weed, was named once the cuban cigar of SE Asians, so overall i think its very very special, and yeah, thaistick was probably laotian like said, so the kind/powerfull Thaisticks might been laotian.
And in my theory, some guys had extremly electric Thaistick, those might been so electric because outcrossed to hemp, hence this typical Tension, and negative sideeffects of hybridisations can arise.. so, therefore the mixed reports of thaistick, there were really some kinder-thaisticks, probably became rarer as the years progressed, and by 1980 the most often devastaing Chocolate thai stuff was more of a 50 / 50 outcross with hemp. And at the beginning only sometimes a small percentage found way into thaistick..

So thats the laos for me, the early kinder thaistick..
Vietnamese is also kind, but also there very often there were mixups with hemp in my theory, cause from vietnam we have very kind weeds aswell, some of the kindest, with feelings of "not beeing high" , thats also the same story, this is the drugstrain. And you gotta understand, kind weed doesent mean weak weed, its the most lifechanging trip ever if a good pheno/stain is picked..

Hope this pure specualtion based on my hunt for SE Aians wasnt boring too much. peace
Would love to hear our specualtions @Piff_cat what happend in SE Asia
(one thing i forgot, im not entirely shure how much Chinese anchestry made it into the beforeamentioned Countries, it could be that the hemp strains i mentioned were loong held in the southern Countries , hence indigenous, or it could have been introduced when hmong folks fleed from china in 1900s...or so..)

Last edited:

romanoweed

what im really interested is wether or not DALAT Vietnam was a pure Strain or not. it was seemingly the trippyest ever stuff, from what i hear. i have 3, or 4 reports specifically mentioning it was the best strongest most wonderful of vietnam in the 70s... and one of the strongest in the world, flying weed.

IF i knew it has no foreign influence than i know much partly how to preserve the old strains indefinitly..

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
Handful of these in the young starts in this room - lots of different things here I’m testing out

1097C18B-A6E1-420B-9CE4-77ABE03C285A.jpeg

75% Cambodian & Laos
25% Gambian

180CF685-DCC6-4BD9-90D8-12F351D1A124.jpeg

C498CB42-FC09-4ADB-8DF0-BB7F807016B7.jpeg

42CFA67F-6326-4305-A374-B22E49AD8CC7.jpeg

By smell & look alone I know these are gonna be good, beautiful extreme wide angle Gator serrations, proper SE Asian terps with underlying African goodness - good structure & very good vigor

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
@Piff_cat man i like you are one of few that feeds us with new infos about SE Asian/chinese Strains.
Specualtions about SE Asian Strains:

So, Cambodian you think has feral strains, because a Variegation thats liked to "feral strains".
nice. it matches with what i once thought about Reefermans Cambodian wich is very special, its SE Asian dreamy high as we know, but somewhat weak. Thats why i like it. Also Gyps Nirvanas Cambodain relased quiet long ago (still on seedbay? ) is low anxiety weed i heard..
There is a 1970 vid of a Cambodian Market where they sold Cambodian, fully seeded, very ruff just bundled many tops together, very brown.
Thats doesent mean that there wasnt absolutely druggy Cambodian. But often i feel there is like a different mindset in certain regions, sometimes there is just not so much of a "Trip me out you drugg weed" mindset i specualte that sometimes reflects in bouth the drug, and the hemp strains.
In other words, where there istn this "trip me out" mentality, the drug strains are a bit weaker, but the hemp is more loved and select, and soetimes more the attraction.
As comparison in Vietnam, they have the most druggy Strain on the planet its tripweed, there, the hemp is totally just that: HEMP, as if the drug strain is giving the Consumers all they need, and hence hemp totally unimportend. Thats just a Specualtion of me, but based on what i think i see. but we have occasional reports of rollercoster rides, and such. so thats in my theory hemp x drug.

In my oppinion Thailand is even less of a weedsmoker Contry pre 1970. It almost sounded as the elusive Thaistick wich came roundabout from easter thailand luang prabang, was first brought to thailand, probably outcrosed at times with Thai HEmp strains, but mostly very pure. i think that cause 1) some thai elders tell it, and wouldnt they prefferably say they breed the thaistick?, so its very believable.. 2) the notion that the thai are atleast in many regions not that much of weedsmokers, mostly in the northern thai regions they had some drugstrain. 3) that i heard very few old reports like pre2000, or pre1970 from thos non-drug thai regions, i only heard from a hallucinogenic southern thai, just at the brder to Indonesia.. then hallucinogenic thaistick, and not exactly hallucinogenic, but druggy northern Thai from Chiang mai, in all my research that was relatively in depth, (im more into vietnamese, laos). but we hear little about mid thailand drug strains

From laos im pretty shure they had strong weed, allho i found relatively few infos about smokereports and strains, but what ive seen was very thinleaved often, so and overally of this kind, but powerfull/ weed, was named once the cuban cigar of SE Asians, so overall i think its very very special, and yeah, thaistick was probably laotian like said, so the kind/powerfull Thaisticks might been laotian.
And in my theory, some guys had extremly electric Thaistick, those might been so electric because outcrossed to hemp, hence this typical Tension, and negative sideeffects of hybridisations can arise.. so, therefore the mixed reports of thaistick, there were really some kinder-thaisticks, probably became rarer as the years progressed, and by 1980 the most often devastaing Chocolate thai stuff was more of a 50 / 50 outcross with hemp. And at the beginning only sometimes a small percentage found way into thaistick..

So thats the laos for me, the early kinder thaistick..
Vietnamese is also kind, but also there very often there were mixups with hemp in my theory, cause from vietnam we have very kind weeds aswell, some of the kindest, with feelings of "not beeing high" , thats also the same story, this is the drugstrain. And you gotta understand, kind weed doesent mean weak weed, its the most lifechanging trip ever if a good pheno/stain is picked..

Hope this pure specualtion based on my hunt for SE Aians wasnt boring too much. peace
Would love to hear our specualtions @Piff_cat what happend in SE Asia
(one thing i forgot, im not entirely shure how much Chinese anchestry made it into the beforeamentioned Countries, it could be that the hemp strains i mentioned were loong held in the southern Countries , hence indigenous, or it could have been introduced when hmong folks fleed from china in 1900s...or so..)
romano romano ,
you are the true speculator man , hahaha ,
anything crossed 50/50 with hemp ,, will be similar to hemp ,
ie pretty shit and definitely not super potent ,

the effects of cannabis are subjective ,
and not evey plant is the same ,
some crops dont do as well , or be as well cared for , etc etc ,
the technique you are using to make your assumptions,
is not accurate in any way at all ,
you dont seem to be quite getting the grasp of cannabis in asia ,

maybe reading a bit more history could help ,
also personal experience is hard to beat ,
things like checking where the bulk of the thai stick was grown ,
and the distance to the laos border would help too ,
its not likely to be a lot different on one side of a river , to the other side ...

another hint ,, the thai people originally came from China and settled in Laos and Thailand,
or a place that ended up with those names ,
i think to see the larger picture , you simply need to research some history ,
not rely so much smoke reports perhaps..

harvestreaper

Veteran
thats a lovely looking plant led ,,,sorry to dumbdown yawwl scientifiks but i often find certain phenos pleasing to look at an even magnetic usually turn out to my taste to ,,,,that one looking that way

GrandpaMillenial

Handful of these in the young starts in this room - lots of different things here I’m testing out

View attachment 18829178

75% Cambodian & Laos
25% Gambian

View attachment 18829180

View attachment 18829182

View attachment 18829181

By smell & look alone I know these are gonna be good, beautiful extreme wide angle Gator serrations, proper SE Asian terps with underlying African goodness - good structure & very good vigor

That some serious sawtooth looking leaves.

a tripple serration,

9289EBE7-74A3-414C-BA84-98568DAEF558.jpeg

romanoweed

@Donald
well, those ar 7 years of hunting for strains, hence smokereports were very important to get an idea what happend, especially if you take clearly defined states as the ones i mentioned, but wont name again.

zero smokereports would tell me soley if drugancesters were where.. what on earth should i lean from it if i were to hunt for the holy grail.. all i would learn is that, well, mostly around the world there was drugcannabis, not really narrowing hunt for holy grails, not really narrowing ideas how EXEPTIONAL landraces were made-

Ok, i could take Cannabinoid -mesurements and choose strain that way, but.. then i would prbably see not much either. nor do i have much cannabinoid analysis from 70s thai, wich acording my totally pointless hunt for 7 years was superior.. not shure it reflects so clearly in analysis. (wich dont exist in first place, or i havent seen many 70s analysis)

Last edited:

romanoweed

you mention people came from china, also mention i should red history, despite that i mentioned people came from china in just that post.. so its a weird response.. cause i showed my expertise, lol.

romanoweed

further you mention, "personal experience hard to beat". As if i cant smoke a Vietnam Black, joabac, Cambodian haze from them i know origins, or even some of my not mentioned stash, and couldnt tell shit..
or my lifechanging experiences long ago with weed.. noo, i have not "a bit of personal experience", zero i guess
(im not telling im the superexperienced overboss neither, but yeah,, )
yeah,

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
maybe reading a bit more history could help ,
also personal experience is hard to beat ,
things like checking where the bulk of the thai stick was grown ,
and the distance to the laos border would help too , its not likely to be a lot different on one side of a river , to the other side ...

All fine SE Asian ass in my book; as long as it’s firm; like firmly female & firm / tight - paddle away :) -

counting down the days now eh….

led05

Chasing The Present
further you mention, "personal experience hard to beat".
I think he might mean in person by personal in this case, like actually traveling to the SE Asian regions & experiencing them firsthand -

A good Analogy I didn’t first make - Viewing Pictures of The Sistine chapel vs visiting the chapel in person

Though I could be wrong & Donald means something totally different… I understand what I think he’s getting at

I Understand the rest of your message too…

Peace

romanoweed

yes, thanks for understanding. hey i smoked very special weed, it leads me to reason with you guys about what is what.. im not interested in conversation genrally, im driven by all my imputs, wich tell of the degredation of landraces, why they degrade ?.. but im more positive, i searched insanely concentrated on tripweed , and think in internet i DID get a relative good idea where the trippyest, and wich type of tippy comes from..

So, a marriage of this data with guys like @Piff_cat s data can help further. On the other hand, a guy just telling me how few i know, sorry,, its really that: I SMOKED THE MOST SPECIAL WEED (i dont like to say in the world, but ) ever in my life assumably vietnamese, hence i SOLEY search for those reports close to mine, hence piffcat can learn, if he wishes, i have not much personal attachments to cretain regions, im not vietnamese or so. its just where special stuff came from IF the reports are truthful and reflecting truth.. LAos was intersting too, just about the same , if it was the Thaistick for shure. Cambodian was kind weed sometimes, my smokereports are from the 70s, but multiple regions., mine arent unknown aussie bud, or just ONE thai-holiday location is what i could counter to donald, but lets not persue this nboring discussion how incompleete ones knowledge is. i honestly not shure if any western on this forum has Complete knowledge anyway, so.

Mystic Funk

Have you talk to mystic funk? He contacted me about that Cambodian along time ago and was disappointed that you didn’t do what you said you were gonna do with it for him…. And here you are pimping it.

Hey flower power.
I think you have me confused with Musta Funk possibly?
I don't have Cambodian lines and have never sent seeds to Ledo, so can you please clarify who you are referring to so I don't get wrapped up in a pissing match.

Thank you.

Peace
Mystic

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
yes, thanks for understanding. hey i smoked very special weed, it leads me to reason with you guys about what is what.. im not interested in conversation genrally, im driven by all my imputs, wich tell of the degredation of landraces, why they degrade ?.. but im more positive, i searched insanely concentrated on tripweed , and think in internet i DID get a relative good idea where the trippyest, and wich type of tippy comes from..

So, a marriage of this data with guys like @Piff_cat s data can help further. On the other hand, a guy just telling me how few i know, sorry,, its really that: I SMOKED THE MOST SPECIAL WEED (i dont like to say in the world, but ) ever in my life assumably vietnamese, hence i SOLEY search for those reports close to mine, hence piffcat can learn, if he wishes, i have not much personal attachments to cretain regions, im not vietnamese or so. its just where special stuff came from IF the reports are truthful and reflecting truth.. LAos was intersting too, just about the same , if it was the Thaistick for shure. Cambodian was kind weed sometimes, my smokereports are from the 70s, but multiple regions., mine arent unknown aussie bud, or just ONE thai-holiday location is what i could counter to donald, but lets not persue this nboring discussion how incompleete ones knowledge is. i honestly not shure if any western on this forum has Complete knowledge anyway, so.
well for sure just having a few holidays in those places is a help ,
but any good sativa seed grown in any of the 4 mentioned places could produce what you call tripping weed,
though it would depend on who smoked it , their tolerances etc , a lot to consider there just for a start,
this is why you cant be so dependant on those things i reckon , on reports from folks you dont even know ,
the weed they smoked may not have even come from the area they were in for all we know ..

what you refer to as tripping weed would be able to be located/grown/produced anywhere in south east asia , as long as good quality seed was used , it was grown to its full potential ,
then dried and stored well, i dont think its something you can put a finger on with a specific location , or particular sativa ...
the degradation is due to less larger crops being grown , so less selection being made on larger scales ,
that one is an easy one to put the finger on ,
until the usa did the eradication programs , great weed was easily found ,
then it became more scarce for what i would think is obvious reasons,
in time this may change since its now legal to grow in thailand again ....

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
All fine SE Asian ass in my book; as long as it’s firm; like firmly female & firm / tight - paddle away :) -

counting down the days now eh….
haha definitely mate ,
we have reached that real exciting part of it when one needs to start packing soon,
all the preparations become part of it all and can be as exciting as lifting off the tarmac,
first holiday in near on 4 years,
ive been running on fumes for a while now , ready for a recharge ,
and some delicious spicy food ....

Latest posts

Latest posts