What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Busted: Police on film eating edibles during pot shop raid

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What it really shows is how cops are just like anyone else.
They're really not anything *SPECIAL*, and in fact tend to be more corrupt than your average blue collar or white collar person.

It's the position of authority that leads to such corruption.
That and lack of accountability.

But thanks to the public's embrace of the ubiquitous camera, it seems the police are the ones being put on the spot.

They've been able to get away with a lot of shit, especially collusion when it comes to protecting each other from justice.

Times are changing for the better in that regard. Hopefully the bullies will stay away from law enforcement (if they have any sense). Things go REALLY BAD for those cops who abuse their positions these days. You get the whole community set against them, many have to move elsewhere and find new jobs (in a new profession).

Now if we can just get the cameras on our politicians while they are performing official functions, then we can put the spotlight on their corruption.

Portland Police now want cameras themselves, to defend themselves against charges, but want to be able to show the film or not show it, at their whim.

In the midst of the Rodney King Riot, Portland made it illegal to film a police officer working in the line of duty.

I wonder what rules the politicians would officially attach to cameras trained on them?

P

Pinnate

Americans seem the least free of the world's populations and on the whole, appear to be controlled by their own irrational fears . . . ?

A third-world country in first-world clothes!

snake11

Portland Police now want cameras themselves, to defend themselves against charges, but want to be able to show the film or not show it, at their whim.

In the midst of the Rodney King Riot, Portland made it illegal to film a police officer working in the line of duty.

I wonder what rules the politicians would officially attach to cameras trained on them?

Unreal. You would think this was nazi Germany. Everyone in portland should film any cop they see. Everywhere cops are dozens of people should be filming then. They can't arrest us all. We should be doing this across the country. Police don't want to be filmed so they can carry on abusing citizens. Most of my experiences with cops have been horrible with them cheating, stealing , and lying including on the stand. It is sickening. In a case that I was a witness in I heard the prosecuting attorney telling the two arresting officers that what they did was illegal and they need to get probably cause. The officers responded that they don't need that shit. They then proceeded to take the stand and make up complete lies. The pa was shaking his head in disbelief as the judge sided with the boys in blue and convicted the defendant based on lies. Absolutely shameful.

Another case of abuse of power in America? These are normally things or not? Policers have became complitely mad! Here the officers are gentleman o_O

snake11

One of the biggest problems with police in America is they no longer live in the area they serve. In my area I frequently see officers drive over an hour to their home from work. Police should be required to live in the area they police. This holds them more responsible to the people they are supposed to be protecting. Cops should be a local face people get to know. Around here cops don't even want you to know their names and they would rather kick you around then have a nice conversation. Recently I heard of someone downtown seattle tried to introduce himself to a cop(just to say hi) and was treated very rudely. Police are not doing a good job of bettering society. We need to change our system.

Skip

Veteran

I was just thinking that it's likely any recording of a crime is subject to subpoena. I can't imagine any such recording would be prohibited as evidence, as that is the purpose of the recording. So no matter what the police want, a subpoena will override their preference, unless they pass a new law.

I've always said we need to spy on the spies. Thankfully Ed Snowden did just that! And the world has changed as a result of just one man's actions. Now imagine hundreds of ppl like him all reporting the malfeasance of cops and NSA and politicians. This is why they want to put Snowden in a US jail cell and silence him permanently. He's a model others can follow, and they're worried.

EsterEssence

Veteran
It is still in the local news, saying there was a pay to play scheme with the city, they didn't pay so they got raided, which the mayor of santa ana denies. Three of the cops are being investigated, but by whom? It will fall out of the news cycle soon and only folks like us will care...

Skip

Veteran
It is still in the local news, saying there was a pay to play scheme with the city, they didn't pay so they got raided, which the mayor of santa ana denies. Three of the cops are being investigated, but by whom? It will fall out of the news cycle soon and only folks like us will care...
Oh, man if THAT is true, it could change things in California. That is just what we need. Show the cops are more corrupt (institutionally) than the dispensary owners, involved in a conspiracy of illegal activity that reaches up the political chain.

There really hasn't been a sufficient explanation of why certain pot shops get closed and others are seemingly immune from closure.

It's called "protection" and it is usually a mafia thing. If they can find ANY cops or politicians getting protection protection money, it will require a whole rethink of the system in California.

I still don't understand why all these "busts" require police when in fact, it's all about ZONING supposedly. All you need is planning dept to post an order before closure (of course localities all have their own laws now).

NO MORE POLICE MAFIA BUSTING SHOPS AND STEALING MEDS FROM SICK PATIENTS!

DrFever

Veteran
you know how far does the corruption go really obviously its also political i mean in todays age you have to be corrupt to get ahead . Even us i they post a speed limit of 60 we go 75 .
we are all driven at birth literally,,, to be corrupt or least think about it at times in our lifes where it could benifit us ,, this starts at the mayors office chief of police and shit rolls down hill no different then our governments
what we see here with the cops is Sad they get into that power and think there untouchable i hope something comes from this ,,
i was watching the news last night about gun registration and how the government deleted DATA RCMP was pushing them to delete like there was something bad or incriminating ,, it was mentioned prior that the gun registey would not be deleted,, yet it was,, now shit has hit the fan and people are saying , what the Government did was in fact illegal .
this is what happened yesterday , the Government passed a bill to cover there ass. deeming it not illegal. WTF i am thinking...
So no matter what we will be always screwed we get the cops or government in a corner on some iilegal activity and some how a bill or looop hole or something passes to give them free rain and we cannot do shit....
you watch what unfolds here maybe someone will get the rope to take the fall but probably payed to take the fall and on your dime

waveguide

Veteran
mafia or no, protection is a racket, something familiar to any kid who has learned to be abusive.

pt barnum on trust.

where were y'all when the cali DA's office was linked to the "3000 year old occult masonic police force with jurisdiction in 33 states"

once you guys can confront that reality, we can make some headway on why you still trust bullshit so much.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ever wonder what happened to those bullies you knew at school?

They became cops!

It is interesting that you should say that brother Skip.

Our high schools biggest bully, was clearly a sociopath whom regularly tormented/pummeled the weak and was caught buggering a farm animal by his older brother, was a Dallas cop last I heard.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was just thinking that it's likely any recording of a crime is subject to subpoena. I can't imagine any such recording would be prohibited as evidence, as that is the purpose of the recording. So no matter what the police want, a subpoena will override their preference, unless they pass a new law.

Which is exactly what happened. It was a hail Mary by the police that I believe most likely unconstitutional anyway.

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
So if someone Robs a Store and Smashes all The Cameras(they think) do they have the right to reasonable privacy because they thought the Cameras weren't working when they shoved all the Money down their Pants?Damn Legal Loopholes!!Goodthing that Cop didn't put Bubblegum on His Body Camera when He shot Dude in The face for not having a front License plate.