What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Bubba Kush = White Label BubbleGum X Sensi Hindu Kush?

guineapig

Veteran
This is a very interesting thread for sure, because it raises many questions about comparisons between cannabis varietals....

The stories are all very intriguing.....

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

Laura Kush

Noob may be able to shed some light...seriously...

Noob may be able to shed some light...seriously...

I really feel I can shed some light on the subject.
I have grown out a couple dozen strains. I know thats nothing to some of you people but I have a particular insight into "Kush" and Pakistani genetics in general as well as OG and Bubba Kush.

Even though I havent grown many strains I have grown a hell of alot of Paki/Afghan/Kush genetics because that is my hobby. I can't stand hybrids or Sativas so my grow room has been limited to almost every Kush/Afgan strain floating around. You name it and Ive grown it. Sensi,Dutch Passion,Kiwi, Etc.
All varities of Afghan and Kush. All the way back to the days of Ubino. Remember that? Ive even lived in the Pak/Afghan region for almost a decade and am highly familiar with the plants growing there and all varities of Charas. From Gilgit, to Swat to Skardu to Peshawar to Lahore,Islamabad, Karachi, Kabul. You name it Ive tried the Hash from that region. I even used to drink a cannabis laced milk concoction made by the locals in the Summer months to deal with the heat.

If we are talking Pakistani and Afghan genetics I know them.

Now here comes the bombshell...

Ive grown Bubba and OG Kush and I strongly believe them to be a pure Paki/Afghani strain. A very strong resinous crystaly pheno but a Paki strain for sure.

There is a reason its called Kush.

I could be wrong but Im just offering my opinion. Don't flame me. Like I said. I could be totally wrong.

Peace.

i think i agree that bubba kush is an ibl from the middle east somewhere. but just for kicks, i wanted to get bogs bogbubble and cross it with either reefermans kush x haze or with one of the kushes that rez will release. not to claim itto be bubba kush or anything, but just for fun. well i mean it would taste awesome no matter waht youd call it. but well see, itll take some while to gain experience before i think about crosses.

G

I know that the professional breeders need to be concerned with having the best possible genetics to work with and I applaud them, and know it is necessary in what they do.
To me the non professional, and looking toward the latter half of life, the only thing I care about is good smoke, pain relief, and wonderful taste. I dont concern myself with whether I have a hybred, or if my f2's or beyond, are degraded slightly. Having an elite would be nice, but not necessary in what I do. I am just looking for some good smoke, and the pro breeders are doing great in keeping me supplied with wonderful stuff.

donutsandwich to me has the same though I have in taking some bubblegum, and making some seeds with some of the kush strains and seeing what comes out of it.

If I get some Bubble Kush that takes care of business, then I would not need to concern myself with obtaining an elite. Thank you to all those pro breeders that allow us non pro's to come up with good stuff on our own occasionally. We cannot do it without you.

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bubba kush is marvelous, absolutely fantastic, one of the finest cuts for effect and a pleasure to consume. It's harvest is always the most anticipated. Thats what it is. Anyone else had the pleasure? I hope everyone eventually gets to run the bubba. You must forget all about the yields and concentrate on what quality nuggs you'll get. I personally love it and toke it out. Bubba Kush.. its just that good. It's not found on the top shelf. It's usually on the table alot closer. ;D

G

I smoked joints of Sour Bubble with guys who have smoked true Bubba Kush and they thought the Sour B was up there amongst the best smoke they ever had. So what does that say?

It sounds interesting, so I think I will buy some Hindu Kush right now, and breed it to Sour Bubble and BogBubble, and if the results are acceptable, I will put them up on the Bay cheap, or as freebies, and see what happens late next year, if allowed. I'll bet it will be killer. Anyone interested???

Bubble Kush or Sour Bubble Kush...Hummmm, sounds wonderful.

Guest423

Veteran
anyone thinking they are getting bubba by crossing some bubblegum to hindu kush or any other kush needs to wake up....bubba is much more then some piss pant hybrid.

lol... the idea isnt to get "bubba kush". bubba kush is coffee smelling or flavored i guess... i woudlnt know im not from around cali... get the idea??? bubble kush sounds like it would taste mad good and be a killer high regardless though, so im with the tester, ill buy seeds from u, just be careful not to put bubba in the name haha.

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wouldn't it technically be called bubba bubble? haha But seriously I have noticed similarities in the flavor of sour bubble. I wonder if maybe the bogster splashed a little bubba in the sour bubble. Could be. I wouldn't blame him if he did. In fact it makes the sour bubble seeds that much more apealing to me if he did. Both strains are low yielders from what i've seen. But the effect is top notch on both. Bubba beign better imo. Every garden should have one of these top notchers in the mix just for the greenthumbs head. I hope to always pimp her. Much luv.

G

donutsandwich
I am from cali, and unfortunatly have not smoked true Bubba. That tells me that the people who do have it rarely share it. I often wonder why these people who hold Bubba in such high regard, dont help get it out so others can enjoy also. They hold Bubba up as an idol and worship it, but I go on seedbay daily and find nothing related to it. So I make due with the other fine strains available. I personally would make a boatload of seeds from some of those cuttings, and have no problem distributing them.

I plan to make some seeds from my current crop, and give many away. I always have. I dont intend to profit from it, and have no right to. I just love to make the people happy.

sounds cool tester, ill def buy a pack of ur beans. and in 2008 i hear rez has some bubba deeze comin out... im definitely gonna get that. bunch of awesome kushes he plans to release as well.

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dunno..
Ive smoked SFV OG, Bubba pre98, DeepChunk PTK etc etc, from the commercial market ghani/paki/kush based. and a few landraces and local lines.

they are all good. there are many similarities, and differences, in each and every line, not to mention plant.

Ive grown enuff from seed, and enuff cuts to tell ya imo: you only know what yer told, and/or, you only know what you know.
thats the thing about mystery liniage. its fun tho..

Peace, bub.

Danknuggler

The Tester said:
I smoked joints of Sour Bubble with guys who have smoked true Bubba Kush and they thought the Sour B was up there amongst the best smoke they ever had. So what does that say?

It sounds interesting, so I think I will buy some Hindu Kush right now, and breed it to Sour Bubble and BogBubble, and if the results are acceptable, I will put them up on the Bay cheap, or as freebies, and see what happens late next year, if allowed. I'll bet it will be killer. Anyone interested???

Bubble Kush or Sour Bubble Kush...Hummmm, sounds wonderful.
That's ironic you say Sour Bubble Kush as I was given some seeds labeled "SBK" as extras in a trade I did on another med forum and when I asked about them low and f'ing behold thats exactly what they were, Sour Bubble Kush. However these are a Bog Sour Bubble fem pollinated bya afghan kush male. So as far as I know not a Bubba cross but some folks belive sour bubble is bubba or a cros of so who really knows! nuggler

G

Chili_berkster said:
Bubba kush is marvelous, absolutely fantastic, one of the finest cuts for effect and a pleasure to consume. It's harvest is always the most anticipated. Thats what it is. Anyone else had the pleasure? I hope everyone eventually gets to run the bubba. You must forget all about the yields and concentrate on what quality nuggs you'll get. I personally love it and toke it out. Bubba Kush.. its just that good. It's not found on the top shelf. It's usually on the table alot closer. ;D

bubba is near and dear to my heart............she truly is something special......whatever she is...........don't care hehehehe

Bf
:rasta:

Here's swerve's pre-98

G

^^^ For sure but didnt want to go any further for fear of starting a flame war so I just left it at that.

kathmandu

it could be the oppsite...
MAYBE original bubblegum was created with the one of the parents of bubba kush (if its a hybrid) or had bubba itself as a parent.
which would explain why bog got a pheno from bubblegum, out of the hundreds he grew out, that resembled bubba.
this is just as likely as bubba mysteriously ending up ing BOGs garden without him knowing it.

Latest posts

Latest posts