What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Breeding for the best stimulating effect

Carraxe

Veteran
Hi

I've started picking some of the male flowers of the reversed TAM cut. I don't know if it will be easy to take the pollen out of them, but there are a crazy amount of flowers and some of them have started opening and showing the little bananas. I have read that it usually takes way more time to get the first pollen out of a reversed female than from a normal male, but I haven't got much experience myself.

If I am successful with these pollinations, I would like to see these crosses growing out there. These are some of the ones I've already made or plan to make in the next weeks with this reversed TAM.

1.- TAM F2, feminised and regular. I have already made the regular ones with the select cut of TAM and 4 different males selected from seed. Risk of endogamic features due to the Mextiza genetics. These are the F2 for what I find to be the best weed in the world

2.- {(Thai Angola)xMextiza} x Thai Angola. (25% Mextiza, 75% Thai Angola) Backcross made crossing this reversed selected TAM cut with the original Thai Angola cut. Feminised. I believe this one will have the high of a pure 100% totally high schizo sativa and some extra resin and growing energy from the Mextiza. I'd love to see this one outdoors. This could be a nice tribute for an unique Angola Thai distribution made years ago that has its own historical value: for some people, like me, this plant represents what a real sativa strain should be. Not a weak herma freaky landrace, but also not a hybrid as we know. Very little trichomes, very long pistils, very little flowers, very thin leaves, very slender plants. 12 weeker, all-in-the brain effect, subtle aromas to anise and lavender.

3.- TAM x Jack Herer (feminised and regular). I have already made the regular ones with the old JH cut and several TAM males selected from seed. Now I'm taking the pollen from the reversed TAM clone to pollinate the Jack. Wish me luck, I deserve to get this done. I could get a sativa leaning hybrid, fast, aromatic and productive, with the best of both worlds, production and stimulating effect. I have a felling of abundance (in the paleolithic mamooth-eating festing way) when I think about hundreds of seeds of it.

4.- Thai Angola x Jack Herer. Already made and grown a couple of times as you can see in this thread. Feminised. I was lucky, I got a result that is productive (of course, not as much as a Jack Herer, and not so aromatic) but the effect is closer to Thai Angola's.

5.- (JH x Thai Angola)xJH. Another interesting backcross I plan to make, using some Thai Angola x Jack Herer selected some months ago for their compact bud structure. So the result would be something compact as a Jack, but with an effect more in the sativa side. For this, I'll have to STS the JH again. Remember that the Jack is a cut with more than 20 years of life, and getting something similar from seed would be very nice and much more vital, and a lifesaver in case I lose it. Maybe I should do F2 from this Jack as well.

If you have been around here for a while, you like this kind of weed, and you believe you could grow some of these seed soon and give back some opinion and pictures, let me know and I'll try to get them there.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
The plant I STSed produced a lot of male flowers and I starting harvesting them a week ago. I just shake the branches and gently rub them, and many flowers start falling in a bowl placed under them.

At the beginning it looked like no pollen was produced, but after several days drying and a little flower crushing, I believe there is some yellow powder. I used a strainer to filter it and I pollinated my Jack Herer and a Thai Angola, and I'll repeat the procedure in a week or so, to get a better harvest. Also, the Thai Angola is slow and it has very few flowers yet, after just two weeks of 12/12.

I also plan to use this pollen from TAM (Thai Angola x Mextiza) to pollinate the selected compact productive pheno of Jack Herer x Thai Angola. So I can get a female bunch of seeds that carry most of Thai Angola high with some indoor abilities, faster and more productive than Thai Angola, and probably stronger. Let's see what I get.

The flowers in the pic are the fresh ones I harvested today, not the dried ones I used to pollinate. I hope it goes well, these are some of the most interesting crosses I plan to make. Well, anything with Thai Angola Mextiza on it IS interesting for me.

By the way, I have already planted some dozens of seeds of TAM x Black Domina and TAM x Jack Herer, but in its regular version. I need to see what comes out of it.

IMGP0194.JPG

Cheers

Last edited:

Carraxe

Veteran
I've started a test grow to see how these first regular seeds of Jack Herer x TAM and Black Domina x TAM behave. I used several TAM males. It will serve to have an approximation of the feminized cross, made with selected females.

I planted more from the BDxTAM, maybe too many, since I made this cross out of pure curiosity and it doesn't affect my breeding work with sativas.

IMGP0196.JPG

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
This is the Thai Angola x Jack Herer I selected based on production and bud shape. Most of them were similar in taste. I've just potted it in a 3l pot, and now it is about 50/60 cm tall.

I like the slender shape and weedy stems. The stem still has this kind of polygonal twist shape, like her mum Thai Angola, but this one is greener while the Thai Angola cut is way reddish.

The high is quite strong now after 4 months curing. It tastes nice and I get high for hours.

IMGP0220.JPG
IMGP0221.JPG
IMGP0222.JPG

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts