What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

BOG Seeds Sour Bubble.

Littleleaf

Veteran
(disclaimer I'm no breeder just doing this because I love BOG's SB)

Some pics of the sour bubble F2 breeding I'm doing and how I'm doing it.

All 18 females have 3 branches each sealed in white paper 16" french bread bags. These bags will allow air and lite in. While keeping out pollen on said branches. This way I will know which male was used on each branch. Once each plants flowers are done and tested for the best ones. The seeds from them will be ran again to see which ones are the best.

bagged.jpg

Started with 4 males and culled one because he just didn't look good and no smell to him.

The last 3 are nicely branched and have the SB sour funk. #3 even has the sour bubble gum smell. I covered 20 branches each to use in the seed making. In a week (give or take.) Each branch and bag will be cut off. Then put on the branches of the bagged female branches and tagged. Will leave them on for about a week.

I have used this method before and it worked well.

Can see the males that are completely bagged.

bagged male.jpg

The males have just started dropping pollen. So there will be seeds on all the plants. These seed... well I guess I will give them away with the understanding of what they are. A open pollination. (just ask)

Got a pic of a Bee stealing the pollen lol.
male 4 with bee.jpg

All Cacti Are Beautiful

420club
Whether you call yourself a breeder or just someone who does it out of love for SB, the important thing is that it's being preserved.

It's fascinating that there's multiple lines worked by different people and each got their own approach. I would definitely be interested in some of your seeds too, it would be nice to be able to compare both.

Hash Artist

I did a sour bubble repro a few years back of bx3 and just finally popping a few this summer. Still holding onto the mom plant too. I also hit my headbanger keeper with sb pollen so I’ve got a handful of those seeds too. Popped a couple of the headbanger cross this summer and the plants coming from those seeds are beautiful. Topped they stay very stout bubba structure with lots of tops and extremely thick exaggerated stems. Looks like the sb male is dominant in terms of structure, leaf shape, huge hollow stems. Fingers crossed for good aroma and resin production. I’d prob be willing to contribute if anybody decides to do a co-op run. Cheers!

cbotany

Veteran

All 18 females have 3 branches each sealed in white paper 16" french bread bags. These bags will allow air and lite in. While keeping out pollen on said branches. This way I will know which male was used on each branch. Once each plants flowers are done and tested for the best ones. The seeds from them will be ran again to see which ones are the best.

View attachment 19042270

Started with 4 males and culled one because he just didn't look good and no smell to him.

The last 3 are nicely branched and have the SB sour funk. #3 even has the sour bubble gum smell. I covered 20 branches each to use in the seed making. In a week (give or take.) Each branch and bag will be cut off. Then put on the branches of the bagged female branches and tagged. Will leave them on for about a week.

View attachment 19042273

The males have just started dropping pollen. So there will be seeds on all the plants. These seed... well I guess I will give them away with the understanding of what they are. A open pollination. (just ask)

View attachment 19042274
Hey bubba, if you ever want to trade some pollen I'll split seeds :)

Littleleaf

Veteran
This is a blast from the past. Found one of the first pics of sour bubble male I used. From gifted seed. This was 2008. Grown in a closet under a 400w hps lite dug out of a collapsed building in coyal ok. ( dug out ten lites with bulbs that worked even MH ballast n bulbs) Poor back then and now too. You do what you got to do.....

He wasn't as purple in normal lite but did have a purple tent to him. He was crossed with a train wreck. Seeds did well. Grew a few out and gave the rest away to pass it on.
View media item 18607184

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran

View attachment 19042270

View attachment 19042273

View attachment 19042274
Thats fucking awesome man. Im actually going to do the same thing. Because doing 1 male a run is gonna take forever.

s4cruiser

Premium user
Found this thread and decide to join and contribute!

My brother, who used to live in South Lake Tahoe from 2008 - 2018 and met BOG and his wife, attending in person grow clinics and growing a lot of their gear…gifted me all the BOG seeds he had left. 14 Sour Bubble and 5 Sour Blutooth freebies. These seeds are from 2018 and purchased directly from BOG. I’ll post pics of the packaging, there is a full catalog pamplet and germinating tips. Super coo!

Soaked the seeds in water for ~24 hours and tossed them in solo cups with coast of Maine seed starter plus coarse perlite. A week later and all 5 of the sour blutooth popped and 9 of the sour bubble. 14/19 not bad for 6 year old seeds stored in less than ideal conditions.

This was back in early June and I’ll respond with pics of the current grow, etc. Stoked to have found a super active BOG thread!
IMG_4519.jpeg

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Found this thread and decide to join and contribute!

My brother, who used to live in South Lake Tahoe from 2008 - 2018 and met BOG and his wife, attending in person grow clinics and growing a lot of their gear…gifted me all the BOG seeds he had left. 14 Sour Bubble and 5 Sour Blutooth freebies. These seeds are from 2018 and purchased directly from BOG. I’ll post pics of the packaging, there is a full catalog pamplet and germinating tips. Super coo!

Soaked the seeds in water for ~24 hours and tossed them in solo cups with coast of Maine seed starter plus coarse perlite. A week later and all 5 of the sour blutooth popped and 9 of the sour bubble. 14/19 not bad for 6 year old seeds stored in less than ideal conditions.

This was back in early June and I’ll respond with pics of the current grow, etc. Stoked to have found a super active BOG thread! View attachment 19046254
Looking sexy bro keep us updated 😎

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
View attachment 19046478 View attachment 19046479 View attachment 19046480 View attachment 19046481 Here’s the stuff that BOG included with my brothers seeds. Since these SB seeds are from 2018ish, would they likely be bx4?
In my opinion… it goes like this…

Bog worked his original Sour Bubble line from ‘04-‘08ish. Then had a fire or something similarly and lost his parents.

He restarted from old seed stock and from then on it was most likely an incross of one or multiple of the original Bx seeds. So really no way to tell. It all becomes pretty muddy and I wouldn’t concern yourself with which “Bx” it is.

Mithridate

View attachment 19046478 View attachment 19046479 View attachment 19046480 View attachment 19046481 Here’s the stuff that BOG included with my brothers seeds. Since these SB seeds are from 2018ish, would they likely be bx4?
I got the same bags/labels buying stock from 2018ish. The sour strawberry, lifesaver, sour bubble and bog bubble packs all threw fantastic plants from those 👍

Past 2014 I agree that sour bubble was most likely line bred from seeds instead of the usual backcross to the viper cut

Last edited:

s4cruiser

Premium user
After a couple weeks in solo cups I up potted all but 3 (2 SB and 1 SBlutooth) into 3g fabric pots. Using coast of Maine stonington soil with some extra coarse perlite. This soil has worked well for me in the past, aside from the plants requiring a few epsom salt foilar sprays. Eventually 3 plants (all SB) ended up being female. One plant had HUGE fans but grew like a beanstalk. Female #2 is a darker pheno with some branching but semi beanstalk structure. Female #3 has a great structure with wide branches. Zero training on these.

Took clones of all plants. Kept 4 clones from males and am trying to figure out a good way to grow them out and collect pollen.

Still have 2 SB and 1 SBlutooth that were stragglers from seed growing. One is a trifoliate which is cool. I think 1 SB will end up being female.

My grow space is pretty limited with a 2x4, 3x3 and a 2.3x2.3.

Currently have 3 SB females flipped and starting to flower in my 3x3. 17 clones (13 SB female cuttings and 4 males) and 3 stragglers in my 2x4. I plan to keep 1 clone of each female SB for mothers, depending on how their parents finish / smoke.

Trying to catch up with where my grow is currently at. I’ll keep it SB focused with progress pics going forward!

My 2x4 got super crowded with 8 plants in 3g pots while growing out the seedlings!

IMG_4664.jpeg
IMG_4658.jpeg
IMG_4587.jpeg

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
After a couple weeks in solo cups I up potted all but 3 (2 SB and 1 SBlutooth) into 3g fabric pots. Using coast of Maine stonington soil with some extra coarse perlite. This soil has worked well for me in the past, aside from the plants requiring a few epsom salt foilar sprays. Eventually 3 plants (all SB) ended up being female. One plant had HUGE fans but grew like a beanstalk. Female #2 is a darker pheno with some branching but semi beanstalk structure. Female #3 has a great structure with wide branches. Zero training on these.

Took clones of all plants. Kept 4 clones from males and am trying to figure out a good way to grow them out and collect pollen.

Still have 2 SB and 1 SBlutooth that were stragglers from seed growing. One is a trifoliate which is cool. I think 1 SB will end up being female.

My grow space is pretty limited with a 2x4, 3x3 and a 2.3x2.3.

Currently have 3 SB females flipped and starting to flower in my 3x3. 17 clones (13 SB female cuttings and 4 males) and 3 stragglers in my 2x4. I plan to keep 1 clone of each female SB for mothers, depending on how their parents finish / smoke.

Trying to catch up with where my grow is currently at. I’ll keep it SB focused with progress pics going forward!

My 2x4 got super crowded with 8 plants in 3g pots while growing out the seedlings!

View attachment 19046720 View attachment 19046721 View attachment 19046722
Awesome fucking work dude 😎👍. Looking real good.

Im starting to use my bath tub as my male storing/collecting area. Theres 0 air flow in there and I can seal it off for extra precaution.

I just flower the males out in the flower room for a few weeks. Then when their sacks start to develop I throw em in the bathroom and collect there.

You can also throw your males back into the veg area and they’ll continue to flower out.

Just a few ideas.

Latest posts

Latest posts