What's new

BlueDigiBerry F2

99problems

What will you base your selections on? Keeping multiple parents for multiple traits?

picture.php

This is bdb1 at 48 days, as you can hopefully see basically all leaves are 3 fingered (leaves and tiny bud top right is a different plant ).

Making some seeds on the bdb1 also, using both the f2 dad and the f3 dad.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey 99, yes i will try and select multiple plants to keep as many of the diverse BB terpenes that have blessed this line. The F2 generation was basically on open pollination of the 10 F1 seeds that the original cross produced... this time i will select but it would be nice to keep as much of the desirable variation as possible... whilst obviously selecting against any intersex traits etc.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i might be picking your brains on the selections too frank !

especially the males. :tiphat:

Gruru

Few more weeks and ill have room to start 20 blue digiberrys , going to be on the lookout for the double serrated long skinny leaf males, Ive been looking for a blueberry type male for my Lamabread - Lambsbread x tangi

Gruru

digiberry f2 in coco , just transplanted them , had them under t5's now there under 2 "315 watt CMH" ,couple lamatang at the back , its my own cross of lambsbread x tangi. The walls have orca grow film its the most reflective wall cover on the market , i divide my grow areas into 5x5's for maximum reflection per light, its like one big light hood lol The light is probably 6 feet from the plants and is still super bright. Ive got a rubber pond matt at a slight angle that takes the water to the 2x4 tray , drain to waste system . Still got to get the automation right for the feed system , thinking of using the floraflex round pot covers

Attachments

• digi1.jpg
    digi1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 26
  • digi2.jpg
    digi2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 24
  • digi3.jpg
    digi3.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 24

WickedGarden

Excellent thread everyone. Been lurking for a few years and now time to get involved.

Here are 27 Blue Digiberry f2's in coco, day 1 of flower.
I have another two runts which will stay in veg for a while longer, then ill take a cutting of each and add to flower room.

Will take close up pics in a few weeks

hayday

Veteran
A single BDB ran as a side show. I did two seeds at first to try them out and see if I liked the smoke. We liked it very much,passed some nugs of to a friend and he liked it alot too.
I popped 4 more, will run them proper and keep some cuts this time.
picture.php

Right around 60 days...

G

oh man, gotta figure out how to upload pictures..
picture.php

A single BDB ran as a side show. I did two seeds at first to try them out and see if I liked the smoke. We liked it very much,passed some nugs of to a friend and he liked it alot too.
I popped 4 more, will run them proper and keep some cuts this time.View Image
Right around 60 days...
I've got no rep.
Very pretty. Looks like a nice chunky blueberry.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very nice Hayday, looks like a more indica dominant pheno - thanks for posting.

WickedGarden

BDB f2 7 weeks

BDB f2 7 weeks

Ended up with 18 females, 8 males and 3 runts that got the ass.

Lots of variation in plant and bud structure and terp profile, which was a little surprising as i ran 12 BDB last year and all but one of the 6 females seemed to lean towards VG's Blueberry mother with syrupy sweet smell, high yield and 9-10 week finish. The other female on last years run was done in 7 weeks, was short and stocky, with little popcorn nugs that didn't smell much and had a rocket ship super racy sativa high that i didn't like..
The environment hasn't been ideal for this run with cold temps, some light leak issues and a busted ph pen earlier on in program, some plants throwing a few nanners here and there..
Still super happy with how they've turned out though, especially the crazy sativa pheno which is super frosty and smells similar to the rocket ship indica from last year.. Hopefully the high is more on the calming spectrum..

Here's the crazy sativa girl.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for posting those up wickedgarden! NIce mix of phenos... that thai sativa pheno looks crazy ! i think ive seen one of those just once before... looks like it reacted a little to the nutes or heat and the leaves clawed a bit.