What's new

Bigfoot - Legend Becomes Fact?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
A local in Durango already sold him out. Just some dude in a ghillie suit who walks around near the train tracks to excite the passengers and keep the stories going
freaking narks! maybe he was just tending to his garden of illegal weed or out for a nice walk in the bush?

but seriously,a suit and mask? this is some kook doing weird shit for the the sake of...
???
just being a f'n weirdo
one thing i would be interested in, asking one of these hoaxers why?
like what do you get out of the charade and why would you go to such lengths to perpetrate them?

RobFromTX

freaking narks! maybe he was just tending to his garden of illegal weed or out for a nice walk in the bush?

but seriously,a suit and mask? this is some kook doing weird shit for the the sake of...
???
just being a f'n weirdo
one thing i would be interested in, asking one of these hoaxers why?
like what do you get out of the charade and why would you go to such lengths to perpetrate them?

They're all weirdos. Remember those two hicks in Georgia that claimed they killed it and just spilled some blood all over a monkey suit? National Geographic even threatened to sue them. Some folks live to go on an ego trip

igrowone

Veteran
A local in Durango already sold him out. Just some dude in a ghillie suit who walks around near the train tracks to excite the passengers and keep the stories going
i saw that, actually more than 1 fraudster accused, won't be surprised if more show up
I also read the opinion of maker/seller of ghille suits that was in the ny times article I've linked
his opinion is it's not a ghille suit, it doesn't break up the outline the way a ghille suit does
that is what I noticed but was hoping someone with expertise would get involved
fog of war, people/opinions will continue to appear

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
you wear a monkey suit or ghillie around my parts during hunting season sombody will drop your ass real quick. i could never willing shoot a sass but know people that would for money. i remember that georgia bigfoot story was excited then let down

igrowone

Veteran
you wear a monkey suit or ghillie around my parts during hunting season sombody will drop your ass real quick. i could never willing shoot a sass but know people that would for money. i remember that georgia bigfoot story was excited then let down
and would they even be prosecuted?
local DA probably wouldn't much care to go to trial with that
depends on how convincing the costume is maybe

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
it depends on what you are hunting
i know people who hunt for meat and they have no problem shooting things, but they arent just taking shots willy nilly
and certainly not at something they cant identify or get a good shot at
monkey suit or not most people arent just shooting at some hominid looking beast unless its coming at you
even then you could be held accountable
/involuntary manslaughter

igrowone

Veteran
the situation would be legally novel, I do counsel any would be bigfoot trophy hunters to look very carefully before letting loose
and a follow up on the original story which claimed it was bow season, it wasn't
looks like it was prime time deer and rifle season
not clear if the sighting location was in 'season'
so our hoaxer is running around in tan clothing during deer season
the closer you look, the more absurd it looks

GenghisKush

I am happy to report that bigfoot has already received the Air Bud treatment (this only 1 year after Air Bud, can you believe it?)

edit: apparently one of the main characters is named Picasso Dewlap

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
it depends on what you are hunting
i know people who hunt for meat and they have no problem shooting things, but they arent just taking shots willy nilly
and certainly not at something they cant identify or get a good shot at
monkey suit or not most people arent just shooting at some hominid looking beast unless its coming at you
even then you could be held accountable
/involuntary manslaugher
protected in two counties
https://keyw.com/bigfoot-is-legally-protected-in-these-2-washington-state-counties/

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
hey growone seen this earlier guess some couple were on there way up to the hills for the eclipse last week made a few stops at parks and seen this in trailhead log to the park top tight corner
3pepaye.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts