What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Best Portable Vape? (Dry-Herb?)

Marcellas

Veteran
Hey guys, going to Florida in a month and might grab a portable, Dry-Herb Vape - for some stealth blazin while I'm there!! Do any of them actually work good for buds, nowadays?

Please keep Hash Oil vapes for another thread, although I'm considering it! :D

I'm not interested in a Snoop Dogg G-Pen or an Atmos style vape.. Or any kind of chamber that I would be able to screw onto one of my regular e-cigs/vape's. I've tried a few of these (and have one), and have never seen them work good with dry herbs.
.... But it would also be nice if it was decently stealthy looking as well. I'll have to hide my "medicating" from pretty much everyone that I'll be with, for the week
:)
I was checking out the "Titan 2 Dry Herb Vaporizer".. It's only $50 here > (http://vapenw.com/herb/titan-2-dry-herb-vaporizer). I saw the Titan V1 for $85 at another site.

It was the nicest dry-Herb Vape they had at Vape NW; although that's an e-cig website mainly, and I was originally there looking at e-cig gear.
^^But I saw in a review somewhere else; that there's a lot of plastic parts that shouldn't be plastic, including the mouthpiece - which is rignt next to the burning element and will cause a burnt taste. I don't need that, I avoid it with my e-cigs too.

I'm tempted to just get a portable Vape for BHO.. It would be a lot easier to vape a few "dabs", than to try to catch the high I'm used to by vaping weed. Plus I might even be able to sneak some hash to Florida somehow (I snuck weed last time but won't do it again! Was a dumb teenager in '08, before X-RAY SCANS).
..... but that's all for another thread! hehe :tongue:

So do you guys have any ideas/opinions on what's good these days? And keep in mind price..
I don't mind paying if it's worth it; but will I also be able to clean it spotless to bring it back? Or will i have to toss (if it's cheaper, than I'll have to keep it new/boxed til Florida)??

There has to be decent, portable Dry-Herb vape device, by now..

blastfrompast

Veteran
Best portable vape I have used for herbs has been the Pax so far....

expensive at over 200 bucks, at a bit of a pita to clean the mouthpiece or it will gunk up and not click out right....

Marcellas

Veteran
I will check that out, thanks! :)

If I'm going to be spending $200+, I'm going to have to bring it back with me on the plane from Florida. So I'll have to be able to get it spotless from residue, like brand-new; to put back in my checked luggage.
.... I pulled this off last time I went to FL. I bought a bong at the flea market there as a "Souveneir". But I stupidly used the hell out of it while I was there, instead of getting a cheap pipe to just toss. But I got the tube spotless with ISO alcohol and salt, stuffed it back up with the packing paper, put the price tag back on it and re-wrapped it in bubble wrap. I think my bag was even checked by TSA (had a TSA sticker and others didn't), but it made it home fine!

This was about 7 years ago though, before X-Ray scanners. And this also brings me to another question, how to score in Siesta Key, but I'll save that for another thread.

DarthFader1

Veteran
Hey bro, if money isn't too much of a worry I would highly recommend checking out the Da Vinci Ascent portable vape with water tool that sits on top. Ive been using one for the last 6 months and it is the bees knees. They also come with little glass canisters that slot into the chamber that can be filled with oils/concentrates if that's your thing. Yeah those snoop dogg pens are a total joke, spend a bit more on something like a Da Vinci and you will not be disappointed. They are also one of the few units out there with full glass pathway. The taste is amazing every time, but you do need to clean the glassware regularly. I just take mine out of the unit and run boiling water through them every day or 3. They are super easy to keep clean in general though and very stealth

darth

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
I bought a Kandypen for the reason of vaping herb on the go. However, have never really got it to work too well. Idk what the problem is exactly... You put the herb in the little metal chamber, heating element/coil at bottom, with a glass screen of sorts in between.
If anyones used one, love to hear your experiences with it. Also comes with an oil and e-liquid attachment thing so thats cool. $100 though

Marcellas

Veteran
Thanks for the suggestion Darth Fader! I'm checking out that Divinci Ascent.. But I heard those Divinci's don't work the best?

I might pay up to $200-250 if it's worth it. It HAS to work well, I need big thick hits!! And you say that it's easy to clean.. Will I be able to get it spotless from residue, to be able to put it in my suitcase; for the plane ride back??
.... Thanks again!
Keep the suggestions coming!

blastfrompast

Veteran
A quatch of bho and a seego type c pen is what I would do.... Ditch the Seego attachment for 30 bucks when you leave...

Nice clouds, I changed the element out on mine with a "Stag" brand as it is a bit beefier with a deeper bowl so I don't have to fill it as often.

DarthFader1

Veteran
Thanks for the suggestion Darth Fader! I'm checking out that Divinci Ascent.. But I heard those Divinci's don't work the best?

I might pay up to $200-250 if it's worth it. It HAS to work well, I need big thick hits!! And you say that it's easy to clean.. Will I be able to get it spotless from residue, to be able to put it in my suitcase; for the plane ride back??
.... Thanks again!
Keep the suggestions coming!

Yes you are correct in that the earlier models had a few problems. There is an extremely long thread on FC.com which chronicles the problems they had. Long story short, they released the Ascent without doing proper testing first, but this was quite a few years ago now. Those earlier problems are now all fixed as far as im aware. My one has been 100% reliable and i vape hard through it, believe that! You'll get big hits too, i blow out huge vapor clouds on the regular.

I would say it again though, guys don't even waste your money buying a cheap $100 pen vape, they are total s*** and you will not be getting big hits from them at all.

darth

DarthFader1

Veteran
And yes you can easily get it spotless from residue, although you may need iso or something similar to get 100% clean. As i said i use boiling water which is about 97% effective in cleaning, but if you need to travel with it your going to need some iso holmes

Marcellas

Veteran
Great suggestion RB56!! I'll definitely do that if I end up getting a vape.. I thought about mailing shit there, but never thought about mailing (clean, legal) stuff back! If I get one; I'll keep it new & unboxed and bring it in my suitcase, use it on vacation, than clean it good and mail it back.
.... That's if i get one of these.

I'm considering just trying to find weed there (which I might have to try anyways), and just buying a cheap bowl for the week, and throw it in the trash before heading home. I bought a bong on my last vacation over 5 yrs ago, and got it spotless with ISO, packed it up put the price tag back on, and brought it in my SUITCASE. Snuck a couple g's there too thru airport security, sealed and taped to the inside of my upper thigh!! (Before x-ray scans)
Lol I was nuts :eek:

I'm really thinking about using some real good green - and extracting the THC into an e-liquie base, that I can in my regular e-cigs/RDA. Saw a recipe on here somewhere. And bringing this in my suitcase or carry-on with other regular e-liquids..
..... But concentrate laws are harsh in Florida, from what I've heard. (I was thinking about getting a BHO vape pen and trying to sneak some hash there)
Less than a month now.. thanks for the suggestions guys! Checking all these out. Keep them coming!

Marcellas

Veteran
Was just checking out the Arizer Solo - looks reallyy nice, but doesn't show the actual temperature? Just heat level (1-7). I'd like to know the actual temp I'm vaping at if possible (probably will use it around 370-380F).
How does that temp gauge on the Solo work for you guys?

I will check out the Mighty and Crafty too, thanks again guys

RB56

Veteran
From their site:

Level 1-50°C / 122°F (15 sec)
Level 2-185°C / 365°F (1 min)
Level 3-190°C / 374°F (1 min 10)
Level 4-195°C / 383°F (1 min 30 sec)
Level 5-200°C / 393°F (1 min 50 sec)
Level 6-205°C / 401°F (2 min 10 sec)
Level 7-210°C / 410°F (2 min 30 sec)

I use level 3 unless I'm feeling hardcore. Then 4 :D

Snook

Still Learning
PAX, SUX. do not waste your money.. try to get in touch with their customer service.. you email them your phone # they'll call you... O.K..

Vapir NO2.. and I have no interest in ANY vaporizer company.
https://www.vapir.com/vaporizers/no2/
not the vapir mini 4.0.. that sux too, not as bad as PAX though.

there are no portables that will live up to a table top vape...
I've had most success with the NO2.. it comes with a car charger and the battery, while it takes a minute or two to get up to speed, can get the job done but better on the charger..

fabvariousk

Veteran
The solo functions well and does not make you suck on plastic. I have not used all the vapes but it is the only one i thought worked well enough to buy. It did not elicit the "oh, this is bullshit" response of other vapes i have used for dry herb.

Latest posts

Latest posts