What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Best Portable Vape? (Dry-Herb?)

Jhonny

I'm using my Arizer Solo daily since 2011, and Im very happy with it.
Still working fine and no need to change.

I have tested many vapes and in my opinion the solo is still one of the bests.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
i wanted a volcano then a friend bought a mighty,i then wanted a mighty ,,he then bought a minivap and they're so good i bought 1 too ,,

minivap works as good as a volcano but gets the egde imo/ime because its portable ,you can also attatch it to a bong which is great ,,don't get me wrong though get a volcano if u stay at home and medicate .

ive used flowermate crap,,snoop pen crap ,davinci ok ,pinnacle pro ok but gets hot ,,mighty is awesome and was the best till i tried minivap .

vaping is awesome and worth spending the extra for quality

Last edited:

Snook

Still Learning
i wanted a volcano then a friend bought a mighty,i then wanted a mighty ,,he then bought a minivap and they're so good i bought 1 too ,,

minivap works as good as a volcano but gets the egde imo/ime because its portable ,you can also attatch it to a bong which is great

ive used flowermate crap,,snoop pen crap ,davinci ok ,pinnacle pro ok but gets hot ,,mighty is awesome and was the best till i tried minivap .

vaping is awesome and worth spending the extra for quality

I couldn't agree with you more about vaping, hazy... and quality is worth every penny but after a bunch of years vaping and allot of money down the toilet with portables, I find it hard (and i'm not saying YOU shouldn't like it) to figure logic into not 'burning' in a small vessel like that. to be effective, a vaporizer should be 350*F-400*F to get good full hits, IMO. how can they get temps up to that level in that little 'tube' and heat it to those temps without burning? my logic could be wrong, just my $.02.

EDIT: we are talking dry herb, right?

hazyfontazy

Veteran
I couldn't agree with you more about vaping, hazy... and quality is worth every penny but after a bunch of years vaping and allot of money down the toilet with portables, I find it hard (and i'm not saying YOU shouldn't like it) to figure logic into not 'burning' in a small vessel like that. to be effective, a vaporizer should be 350*F-400*F to get good full hits, IMO. how can they get temps up to that level in that little 'tube' and heat it to those temps without burning? my logic could be wrong, just my $.02.[/QUOTE

if it burned there would be ash :tiphat:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Had an Arizer solo for a few years 'til I lost it in a flood.

Loved it. Just checked out the Minivap and holy sh*t they aren't giving 'em away.

hazyfontazy, what's so great about it? (I don't doubt it, just looking for an education) How long do they stay charged/how many uses? How's temp control? Heat-up time?

:tiphat:

Edit: Also have used a life sabre, and while badass, IIRC there's no battery option - only chained to the wall with a plug.

Snook

Still Learning
I couldn't agree with you more about vaping, hazy... and quality is worth every penny but after a bunch of years vaping and allot of money down the toilet with portables, I find it hard (and i'm not saying YOU shouldn't like it) to figure logic into not 'burning' in a small vessel like that. to be effective, a vaporizer should be 350*F-400*F to get good full hits, IMO. how can they get temps up to that level in that little 'tube' and heat it to those temps without burning? my logic could be wrong, just my $.02.[/QUOTE

if it burned there would be ash :tiphat:

Touché..

hazyfontazy

Veteran
Had an Arizer solo for a few years 'til I lost it in a flood.

Loved it. Just checked out the Minivap and holy sh*t they aren't giving 'em away.

hazyfontazy, what's so great about it? (I don't doubt it, just looking for an education) How long do they stay charged/how many uses? How's temp control? Heat-up time?

:tiphat:

Edit: Also have used a life sabre, and while badass, IIRC there's no battery option - only chained to the wall with a plug.

the minivap uses a convection heater system which vapes more evenly like a volcano does ,heat up 4-5 minutes ,battery lasts about 3 hours of continuous use and can be interchanged if u need longer ,battery charges in less than an hour ,battery can also be replaced with a mains adaptor for home use ,,theres a choice of mouthpieces a bong attachment and it all comes in a pretty bag .

if u have a volcano then the minivap is the perfect addition to your vaping arsenal ..

worldwide stocks are very low :comfort:

no they aint cheap ,,but in the first week of having mine my weed intake is nearly a 1/3rd of what it was so it should pay for itself in long run

Snook

Still Learning
the minivap uses a convection heater system which vapes more evenly like a volcano does ,heat up 4-5 minutes ,battery lasts about 3 hours of continuous use and can be interchanged if u need longer ,battery charges in less than an hour ,battery can also be replaced with a mains adaptor for home use ,,theres a choice of mouthpieces a bong attachment and it all comes in a pretty bag .

if u have a volcano then the minivap is the perfect addition to your vaping arsenal ..

worldwide stocks are very low :comfort:

no they aint cheap ,,but in the first week of having mine my weed intake is nearly a 1/3rd of what it was so it should pay for itself in long run
The brand name is 'minivape' ??.. it looks like an e-cig? $50+?
can you put up a link? and yur vaping dry herb?

Snook

Still Learning
http://www.minivap.com/usa/

http://www.hermesmedical.es

currently using herb ,,but u can use hash and oil in them too ..

yes hazy, thanks.. not what I was looking at.. but, yes, that is a lot of money! think that for as much as I use the portable, the vapir no2, for $150 fills the bill or maybe 2. the amount one consumes vaping is, in my experiences, much less in any good vape. and the NO2 looks like a coke bottle with a straw put it into a gozinta and its a inconspicuous.. although the minivape does look like a can of one of those energy drinks.

LEF

Veteran
Anyone tried the titan 2? I saw some good reviews on it plus its decently priced

Marcellas

Veteran
Wow that MiniVap looks reallyy nice!! I like the idea of convection heating (like a volcano - only other vape I ever considered).. But +$500!! Don't think I could pay that much.

Might go for the Solo :)

i had a flowermate,garbage.the battery burned out after a month.no thick hits at all.ive own a few pen ones all garbage dont buy them.

Marcellas

Veteran
Yeah all the pen's seam like crap to me, the pen type (ego) E-cig's aren't even good enough for my nicotine consumption lol..

Big, thick vapor is a MUST

StoneyK

Veteran
Check out a dr.dabber ghost.
Blows every other pen out of the water.
Rips taste amazing doeant burn your wax...
I hate pens too an since ive got mine about 2 weeks ago I havent used my perc rig since.

M

moose eater

Personal vote for Pinnacle Pro, and got an outstanding deal from Vapor Nation. Back then they additionally gave a heck of a goody package with it, that these days likely costs $60-$100. And it does both dry herb and liquid/oils. Versatility has always been a game-winner.

An acquaintance got a cheap pen a couple years ago that blew up all over his computer key-pad.... I've found that when dealing with heat and volatiles contained in average batteries, 'cheap' isn't worth the eventual potential costs. Just sayin'...

DickAnubis

For a portable vape within a reasonable price range I'd go with the Transporter by Atmos.
It is convection so your material doesn't touch a heating element.
It has a long battery charge. I've gotten two days of moderate use with mine.
It has a fairly big bowl.
It looks cool and is small.

Draw backs, it looks like a tiny flask so you may be accused of sipping absinth or something.
It weights like 6 ozs or close to.

I bought mine in December and it works perfect. With a little practice, as required with all vapes, you get a quality vape that never tastes burnt.

Price varies, I've seen it as high as $165, but I paid $90 with free shipping.
I think it was from Vape Mood.

I've tried alot of vaporizers. My home unit is still a Volcano.
But for portablilty this is the only true dry herb vaporizer. I think they only came out last Summer so relatively new.

Worth the money.
IMO

Good luck

DA

Jagged

mighty or crafty end of story.

I have the crafty and it just works, sitting in my loungeroom making my own atmosphere with the clouds.

Latest posts

Latest posts