What's new

Bangi Haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Smells almost a bit like a rotten lemon, with a hint of anis. Taste is almost the same, but there dominates the lemon a bit more.
High is brilliant, electrifying, a bit racy and almost no come down.
Despite it was not the perfect pheno as it always gets discribed here (tall etc.) but it has the perfect high.
She has finished after 67 days.

I attached some more pics for you.

Happy to hear you have found a Bangi Haze aniseed pheno of strong lemon with the electric sativa effects you were looking for @MuluMulu 🥰 hope you keep clones. Excellent cultivation and pictures. Enjoy!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'm very curious about her @Theorganicguy a Bangi Haze with purple flowers is not something common.
Bud pictures look almost like purple Zamal :D guess the alpine temps are having a big impact in her pigmentation, although seems she has a genetic tendency to show colors.

Thanks a lot for all your frequent updates :yes: wish you have had a great summer time ☀️
Good luck with the outdoor plants these weeks of October.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'm at 45N
That release of free the seed from Twenty 20 was done specifically with early finishers for higher lats. That's the one that's started flowering. I should have vegged more/better haha. But it's just for fun.
I had a bunch of autos which really is the only good option for me other than early flowering varieties. But it has been so rainy this summer I lost about half the flower to mold. But such is life.
Honestly anything that hasn't started flowering by the end of the month might just get cut down. No way it will get far enough to be worthwhile if it hasn't started flowering by end of August. Pushing into November is likely to be problematic.
This is my first year doing any outdoor after more than ten years indoors. Definitely a learning curve. But it's been fun.

Sorry to hear you have had a bad rainy season with the auflowering @LG/ It's indeed a learning process to understand what works best at your outdoor conditions, keep trying with autos, semi autos and early finishers!

How did the Bangi Haze enter flowering, too cold already there ?

What about your Bangi Haze reg @dilettante ?

Reactions: LG/

dilettante

Sorry to hear you have had a bad rainy season with the auflowering @LG/ It's indeed a learning process to understand what works best at your outdoor conditions, keep trying with autos, semi autos and early finishers!

Here are pictures from three weeks ago. They are the last plants to start flowering.

IMG_20240914_114633.jpg

IMG_20240914_114446.jpg

LG/

Thanks Dubi. I culled everything outdoors that wasn't flowering by mid September, as there is basically no way they would finish here at 45N. I do have one Bangi clone I'm running now, and I gave a buddy one but he's a new grower and he's struggling with it.
Here's mine, off to a very slow start. It's in a half gallon bag which doesnt give much room for error. Abit burnt but overall happy.
20241003_222651.jpg
20241003_222658.jpg
20241003_222704.jpg

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings, and congrats on 100 pages of Bangi Haze.

I'm still growing prodgeny from Bangi Haze. I selected one and crossed it with seeds I have been working for some four plus decades. It's been four generations since I made the cross and haven't outbred it to anything else. Though it has not been for lack of trying to find what I have in mind to use on it. So far, I'm happy with the continued results. It's still ready for that special new mother I'm still looking for.

This is the first year I'll be growing it in the tropics. I'm at about 10° north. It will be very interesting to see if the final product is similar to what I had been experiencing at 42° north. I have to use lights at nightime to prevent flowering until it gets some size to them. The daylength only varies about 45 minutes from 12 hours per day here.

It still looks fairly similar to the original mother. This is partly because the previous outcross mother was from Vancouver Island Seed Company Burmese. It was also fat leaved and squat. The Burmese had very cerebral and soaring effects though the Bangi Haze I selected was more clean and clear. The one I selected wasn't the strongest one, but it was very unique in it's effects by today's standards. So clean that you may not notice you are still high, but then get reminded that you are high in some way as time goes on.
:biggrin:
Here are what three starts look like today. There are two females and one male.
20240930_182017.jpg
20240930_182027.jpg

The last cross, F4, was made without my supervision. I'm hoping that the buds ripen with the menthol aromas that I had come to appreciate. The last outcross mother of this line to have that menthol aroma was Trainwreck. It immediately proceded the Burmese. The menthol aroma went away in that generation, then came back with Bangi Haze. Some of the Bangi Haze plants I looked through had a licorice type of aroma. I'm guessing that the terpenes responsible for these two types of aromas are related in a genetic way. Anyway, the really good ones seemed to have that menthol expression.

I appologize if sharing this is too off subject. Dubi, feel free to let me know and I'll cease. The fact that I haven't yet found something worthy of outcrossing from this 50% Bangi Haze says something about the work you have done. I'm a fan of Bangi Haze.

All the Best

Latest posts

Latest posts