What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldust

Hey guys I'm new here so sorry if this has been mentioned before. I have just started using CMH lights, has anyone had much to do with them?

Awesome to be here, cheers!

yes ive used a 315w cmh for about a year now cut down on heat dramatically from a 600w hps
and im pretty sure i notice more tri production

want to know anything else ill try answer

ozzieAI

Veteran
What more can you say on that lights Ozzie??

Looks like some extra cobs..

only what i have seen...but having a range of different colours working together with that level of efficiency...man you could knock it out of the park...

imagine that you can mix and match your colour frequencies throughout the grow...gradually turning the light from blue to warm whilst increasing the wattage/duration as you go...

Dog Star

Veteran
I never sees a artificial lights that are perfect,dont know much about those you showed link.. but i hard belive we will have true sun specter and all that UVA,UVB,UVC in one modern light soon.. or it will be but then it will cost a shitload of money.

Before some time a plasmas was praised but i dont sees much folks grow with them..
like Gavita plasma + Gavita 1000 DE in combo are great thing.. also to take
pics under plasma was great to see..

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Doggie

Phillips stopped making CMH because they were associated with herb .
Till that stigma is erased techs are treading water waiting .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

4tokin

if i was to ever flower indoors these would be the lights i get...

https://www.cutter.com.au/products.php?cat=MAU5+Cree

I picked up the iv kit. 200w with the ability to dim. This fucker is bright. It looks like a UFO had landed out in the forest when I had it cranked up.
I have only used it as supplemental on the last grow but I am building a new cabinet which should put me around the 50w/sq ft.
Looking forward to the next grow with them.

From what I have read CMH is more suitable as supplemental lighting during late flowering helping with trichome development.

Gavornator

CMH

CMH

yes ive used a 315w cmh for about a year now cut down on heat dramatically from a 600w hps
and im pretty sure i notice more tri production

want to know anything else ill try answer

Ok so I have been growing outdoor for 20+ years and now want to start indoors and finish outdoors plus finish some indoors. I have a 2x2.4x1.2 wide tent, one light and am growing in 8litre pots with soil, I want a few mothers, and potentially get a second light split the tent in two and have 1/2 veg 1/2 bloom, I've got some feminized train wreck and green crack about a week old, my only problem so far is the cold, I'm sure once things start to get cracking it will be different but at the moment it's a bit cold and not moving fast enough, I think I will turn my exhaust fan down or use a smaller one I have for these cool nights or put it on a timer to run a little less, what do you think?

Goldust

dont really want to turn of exhaust completely cos you need to replenish the air
even run a small heater for awhile
yeah id go 2 lights in a tent that size

my room is at 21 today and prob much too cold at night but i dont really do anything about it i prob should

check out this guy Bio living organics he has been growing with the 315w
https://www.youtube.com/user/Biobud29/videos

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Ok so I have been growing outdoor for 20+ years and now want to start indoors and finish outdoors plus finish some indoors. I have a 2x2.4x1.2 wide tent, one light and am growing in 8litre pots with soil, I want a few mothers, and potentially get a second light split the tent in two and have 1/2 veg 1/2 bloom, I've got some feminized train wreck and green crack about a week old, my only problem so far is the cold, I'm sure once things start to get cracking it will be different but at the moment it's a bit cold and not moving fast enough, I think I will turn my exhaust fan down or use a smaller one I have for these cool nights or put it on a timer to run a little less, what do you think?
my tent is that size and i run 2 x 600 watt ,
seems perfect for that size ...

id get a second tent rather than trying to split one for veg and flower , it will cause issues for sure ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
i reckon u can turn that exhaust fan off as long as u have vents open ,
its probably sucking all the extra heat out as fast as it can ,

i have lower vents and vents up on the roof ,
yours probably would have the same ,
suck some air in with a fan down low , and just let it vent itself out the vents in the roof..
im not running my exhaust fan at the moment ,
all is fine just sucking some in from those lower vents ...

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
How's the winter weather and cold temps treating my brothers down under?

I'm in the heat of mid-summer here now, watching the buds just starting to form,
and hoping to keep my big girls healthy and happy for 2 1/2 more months!

Any of you save your trim and popcorn buds from your last harvest?
Now's the time to be sitting out on your cold porch and sifting all that delicious kief out of it!

The hideout here is looking rather good!

Attachments

• nice sativa.jpg
    nice sativa.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 8
  • monster sativa hybrid.jpg
    monster sativa hybrid.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 11

rod58

hey bud , nice vegetation you have there . starting to get very cold here , generally august - september for frosts . its been very wet as well , not like the country north of us which is having a huge drought , no rain at all so far for them !
i'm thinking of going out soon to start digging . going to do things a bit different this year but its going to take a fair bit of effort , no pain no gain they say ..a handfull of heart pills and i should be ok .. :biggrin:

ozzieAI

Veteran
good to see you posting Mr mallard...

just come in from the garden...last of the outdoor pots are filled now...start harvesting buds in 5 weeks and end in about 8/9 weeks...then full stash tins...YAYYYY

4tokin

Hi Bud

At last the night time temps are rising.
I broke out the heat mat a week or so ago and started my plantings for the season.
Same plan as last year. Staggered planting of autos for the next 6 weeks with the aim of being finished by mid Jan beating the worst of summer plus the holiday makers.
The yields aren't big but variety of strains is. Mainly Mephisto with a couple of Dinafem Amnesia XXL.

As for last seasons popcorn and trim, it is duly processed into coconut oil not long after harvest.

Last edited:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Up in the northern hemi, the nights are cooling off a bit.

The stretch is over and the buds are all fattening up nicely..
The hideout is starting to smell pretty nice!
I have about 5 weeks to go until chop. weather will be cool by then.

Good luck to all my mates in Oz and NZ with your upcoming, new season grow!

Attachments

• sept. 3.jpg
    sept. 3.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 8

rod58

supply and demand vonbudi , same here in oz ..farmers getting about 5.80 kg dressed weight ,that goes up and so then all the middle men put their prices up . great for them but it all flows onto the end user ..us .
i've got a question too ..three years now i've been investing in foreign genetics . i guess i could call myself a veteran , 40yrs now . never ever have i had this problem of germination that i do now ..this year i have a heated propagator and i'm using coco peat and seed raising mix . a number i put onto wet paper toweling ..4 out of seventeen !
it just seems like they have no energy to throw the seed .
now i've read many times the seed company's stating that they are fresh .
then how come that my own are out and up in 3-4 days , mostly ..
i've been thinking about it , can't be age ..some of my own that i've sat on for a number of years popped no worries ..would it be maybe damage from xrays coming in ..:dunno:

rexamus616

Veteran
or somewhere along the journey the seeds mite have been subjected to heat? (sitting in a hot mail truck in traffic etc.)

i've wondered about x-rays or gama-rays... i've heard customs use gama to irradiate seeds used for animal feed, so they don't bring in pests etc....

also, give the beans some time - i had some Oldtimers Haze that was on wet paper towels with bottom heat - 4 out of the 7 germed.... I messaged Dubi about it, since they were freebies i thought they'd be old seed - they were fresh - he said germ them in soil for better success.... i found the takeaway container that had the paper towel and the seeds, it had sat through the whole of spring/summer, in an uninsulated shed (there was a point in summer where everything i touched in the shed felt hotter than body temperature - far too hot for seeds!) ...i chucked them in some coco in a punnet, and the bloody seeds came up!

Laughed out loud when I saw them come up.... They actually sprouted in a day or two....

Maybe the drying out/rehydrating did the trick? (ive had that happen before... maybe its a survival/dormancy thing?)

sorry to hear about your shitty germ rates roddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts