What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

An American Dream White Picket Fences.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Word around the watercooler is I'll be leaving the VA acute rehab unit on Tuesday the 30th. I still need to set on a chair to shower as I'm unstable as hell unsupported. I'm trying to walk without the ankle brace, but the ankle feels weak and flimsy. No surprise as I've been using the brace for almost a month.

Can't wait to get to the yard as the 1st of August is lights off and I'll need to take cuts for the next round of clones while the plants are still solidly in veg. Going to call in a favor or 2 as all I feel up to doing is plugging the cuts into the rockwool cubes. I'll need a warm body to do the snipping of the yard plants part.

I still try and use the wrong foot / leg on a simple 1 step riser. Near fell on my ass using the wrong leg. Lead with the good going up and lead with the bad going down. Getting on the boat with that big step up will be challenging. Once the cloning is done, we may move the show to the halfway house as it's bigger with room to move in despite the 6 steps to navigate. Have to play that by ear and how fast I continue to recover.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to hear you're making progress and able to return home! Sounds like a tough battle. Hope you're able to get back close to normal. Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Sounds like about the same schedule ours are on, we usually start flowering about Aug 1. When do you normaly harvest. My Sativa Candy Chunk plants are quick finishers and are usually done by early October here.

Have fun out in the garden! About to make more capsules soon.

Boob McNoob

Veteran
Might be a boost to your spirits to scoop up a new puppy; the challenge of keeping up might benefit your recovery as well.
good guys copy.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope you're doing well today, BrassNwood! Go with whatever strength you have, keep pushing!

Kind of a hijacking of the Holy Trinity with Jesus the Son, the Holy Spirit, and God the Father. But I like it. Maybe a dog about 8 months to a year to skip some of the puppy phase would be wise.

Glad you have someone kind enough to help with the gardening work. What do you do with the cuttings? A second crop of short ones for a late harvest?

BrassNwood

Veteran
Glad to hear you're making progress and able to return home! Sounds like a tough battle. Hope you're able to get back close to normal. Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Sounds like about the same schedule ours are on, we usually start flowering about Aug 1. When do you normaly harvest. My Sativa Candy Chunk plants are quick finishers and are usually done by early October here.

Have fun out in the garden! About to make more capsules soon.
Oct 15th is my usual target day to harvest
Hope you're doing well today, BrassNwood! Go with whatever strength you have, keep pushing!

Kind of a hijacking of the Holy Trinity with Jesus the Son, the Holy Spirit, and God the Father. But I like it. Maybe a dog about 8 months to a year to skip some of the puppy phase would be wise.

Glad you have someone kind enough to help with the gardening work. What do you do with the cuttings? A second crop of short ones for a late harvest?
I normally get 4 harvest per year.
Aug 1st = take cuts from still veg stage plants
Oct 15th = Harvest, set out new veg stage clones Take cuts from same
Jan 1st = Same
March 15th = Same
June 1st = Harvest, set out clones for summer.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How you get veg stage clones mid winter? Do you have anything going indoors or just cut flowering material?

Gave my dog a couple doses of coconut oil. Gave him half a size 00 capsule last night and a good third of one at lunch. He has a tumor that seems to be growing, and since last night its gotten softer . The coconut oil helps his arthritis too.

Trying to keep him with a moderate dose twice a day. He may have to be put down. He's got a little woozy, so I may back off the dosage and give it to him more often.

BrassNwood

Veteran
How you get veg stage clones mid winter? Do you have anything going indoors or just cut flowering material?

Gave my dog a couple doses of coconut oil. Gave him half a size 00 capsule last night and a good third of one at lunch. He has a tumor that seems to be growing, and since last night its gotten softer . The coconut oil helps his arthritis too.

Trying to keep him with a moderate dose twice a day. He may have to be put down. He's got a little woozy, so I may back off the dosage and give it to him more often.
It's Southern California and the coldest we get is a mild frosting on roof every 10 years or so.

I take clones off the veg State plants the day I stick them in the ground to flower. It takes me 20 weeks to do a plant. 10 in veg 10 in flower.

On the three winter sets, I'm harvesting every 10 weeks taking clones that same day and setting out new plants to flower. Summer has a 2-month gap of June and July that cannabis actually is in veg state under the sun.

All my clones are taken the last day they veg. I stick them in the ground that same day to start flower

BrassNwood

Veteran
Used to run all my clones in the shed under lights. Now I just hang a couple of lights over by the tomatoes and veg there. The sun gets it done just fine. They only need enough light to stay awake at night. You're not trying to make them grow.

BrassNwood

Veteran
My world has shrunk to just reaching the end of the driveway. I've got a hitch in my get along and look like Walter Brennan and the exaggerated limp he used in some of his character portrayals

Attachments

• PXL_20240801_014422222.jpg
    PXL_20240801_014422222.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 39

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope you are able to gain better use of it over time! Keep at it and keep up the cannabis capsules going.

I had to euthanize Wiley, he had a noticibly growing tumor mass on his abdomen causing pressure and pain and it was going to be fatal son. He also had degenerative arthritis and couldn't stand up or hardly sit up on his own. Was an awesome dog, very smart. 50-70 lb short hair shepherd was 15 years old.

He had a couple doses and I think it helped, but he was too woozy. I told the vet, and it was a young guy and he said they didn't have any guidelines/protocol for it at the moment.

Will it be hard to dose a 15 lb miniature dauschund? She may have to have a diluted mix with just a couple drops.

I figured you had the lamps going, makes sense. That must be nice to grow outdoors year round. I guess the winter months still have short days, so do the plants grow as fast as when they ripen in the fall or are they stunted a bit?

full

BrassNwood

Veteran
Hope you are able to gain better use of it over time! Keep at it and keep up the cannabis capsules going.

I had to euthanize Wiley, he had a noticibly growing tumor mass on his abdomen causing pressure and pain and it was going to be fatal son. He also had degenerative arthritis and couldn't stand up or hardly sit up on his own. Was an awesome dog, very smart. 50-70 lb short hair shepherd was 15 years old.

He had a couple doses and I think it helped, but he was too woozy. I told the vet, and it was a young guy and he said they didn't have any guidelines/protocol for it at the moment.

Will it be hard to dose a 15 lb miniature dauschund? She may have to have a diluted mix with just a couple drops.

I figured you had the lamps going, makes sense. That must be nice to grow outdoors year round. I guess the winter months still have short days, so do the plants grow as fast as when they ripen in the fall or are they stunted a bit?

full
Sorry to hear you had to put him down. The loss is why I resisted when the wife wanted to get another pup after the last one passed. I'm not willing to suffer the heartbreak again.

Smaller plants but mostly because they don't get the extra 2 months of veg time. I've left the lamps on and vegged up some 6 footers before letting them flower. Means I don't get that 4th harvest but it was as big a harvest as summer is.

Dosing that small a dog takes some experimentation, but I've had to do that before. Our 70-pound Lab needed about half of what stones the wife. 1 drop of the hash oil thinned with 3ml of Coconut oil was her sweet spot. About 2mg near as I can figure it (3 drops of the thinned oil). Gave her joint relief but not so much she was woozy from it. You could see she was getting up far easier and her gait returned to normal, and she stopped favoring her front left leg.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Today's game plan is to ride back down to the grow since the gardeners come today, I like to keep an eyeball them while they're trimming the huge hedge on the east side.

Hopefully I'll have some energy. Do some of the things I couldn't do the day I got out of the hospital when all I could do was sit in the Sun and look at them from afar.

I need to turn off the lights and they are overdue for both powdery mildew and caterpillar BT spraying. Time to move all the potted plants out from the garden and spread them around the yard to flower.

Last edited:

BrassNwood

Veteran
PXL_20240802_215956354.jpg

Setting under the tree during the 5-minute-deep watering of each plant. Looking east.

PXL_20240802_215959770.jpg

North.

PXL_20240802_220004097.jpg

West.

Ran out of steam and didn't get to spray. Did get the lights turned off and the surplus small fry in the white pots scattered around the yard to flower and eased the crowding under the lights.

BrassNwood

Veteran
To keep me from stressing me out the other half neglected to inform me of the passing of a close friend of 45 years until we left the beach and headed back to the recovery house last night. RIP Kenny. We made it in time for the viewing last night. Services today. He passed suddenly on the 8th of July. Just 61 years old. Damn I turn 69 in a couple of weeks. I'm running out of friends.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear about your friend passing away, thats tough news. 61 years old is still pretty young. We who remain have a lesson to live life while you still can. Do not boast about tomorrow, you never know what a day may bring.

Gardens are looking good! Thats about how my plants are, just a few branches each. They should yield well and won't be falling over in the storms as easily. Start vegging and maybe you can get more yield on the next harvest coming up in January!

Any more feeding this month?

BrassNwood

Veteran
Sorry to hear about your friend passing away, thats tough news. 61 years old is still pretty young. We who remain have a lesson to live life while you still can. Do not boast about tomorrow, you never know what a day may bring.

Gardens are looking good! Thats about how my plants are, just a few branches each. They should yield well and won't be falling over in the storms as easily. Start vegging and maybe you can get more yield on the next harvest coming up in January!

Any more feeding this month?
It'll probably be next Friday before we get back down and I'll try to hit them with some bloom food and start spraying for caterpillars.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Not having taken any capsules in 6 weeks and not smoked any hash in 14 weeks as I'd stopped a month before the first implantation 3 tokes has knocked me back nicely. However, it does make navigation interesting. Stoned and walking on a semi-functional left leg gets fun.

Last edited: