What's new

An $89 Legal Oz

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
As the legal market continues its race to the bottom, my stepson – a true consumer - bought this for kicks at his local corporate-brand retail cannabis store down the street from where he lives. He grows his own in a micro cabinet and I am always throwing him jars as well, but he loves the convenience and variety of a local shop. Who doesn’t? He stopped in for the $69 oz that they had on sale but since it was out of stock, the budtender convinced him to splurge and spend $89. I haven’t seen an $89 oz in the black market since the 1980s, iirc.

himalyan-kush.jpg

It comes from Tweed, which is one of the main flower brands of Canopy Growth. It is labeled as Himalayan Kush and it does have a Kush smell and taste. It is greenhouse grown in Smith Falls. It comes in a white plastic sac and it doesn’t have any bag appeal since the bag is sealed until you have already spent your money. It’s slightly squished as you would expect from plastic sac weed and the trim job is crap. A little harsh on the throat, but not crazy dry like most of the legal flower that I have sampled since legalization. But it gets you high. A muddy shortish high but it does the job. I tried a one hitter pipe and I smoked a small joint sitting in the sun. I much prefer my own produce for taste and kick but if I didn’t grow, I would be all over this. $89 and right down the street? As my stepson and I were talking, we were reminiscing about shit weed from shit dealers that was a lot more than this many years ago. It’s just a commodity now.

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
And I forgot to mention . . . it was tested @ 20.6% THC 0.06% CBD.

A quick check of a supposedly reliable MOM - $80 oz Pink Rockstar "small nugs" or Bubba OG $99 or Gelato $99. So the BM is competitive. It's not a good time to be a small independent grower.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Some people are OK with drinking "Duff" beer because it's cheap. Same thing with weed.

LP weed has definitely improved since 2018, but that's the same as saying it doesn't smell like dog shit anymore, it just looks like dog shit.

IMHO, weed should be just like coffee. When you partake, you should be able to enjoy the taste.

Weed was much more fun when it was illegal...... :mad:

RMS

:smoweed:

rolandomota

Veteran
No sir this is some brick weed I just got today with beautiful seeds and and for cheap. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.......100 a quarter.....pound I wish I had my 250 a pound connect right now but hes missing in action this stuff has a very familiar spicy smell, huge seeds not many seeds by my standards and most are not crushed, mild buzz

Attachments

• 20220623_002308.jpg
    20220623_002308.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 118
  • 20220623_002232.jpg
    20220623_002232.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 123

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
this is some brick weed I just got today with beautiful seeds and and for cheap. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.......100 a quarter

It lives!!!!

What do they claim is the provenance? Is it foreign or just West Coast shipped east?

Cuddles

Some people are OK with drinking "Duff" beer because it's cheap. Same thing with weed.

LP weed has definitely improved since 2018, but that's the same as saying it doesn't smell like dog shit anymore, it just looks like dog shit.

IMHO, weed should be just like coffee. When you partake, you should be able to enjoy the taste.

RMS

maybe for some,lol ;)
I really wish it were legal here where I´m located because then I could do some serious growing but without the panic attacks and paranoia

Cuddles

Nah. It wasn't. As a consumer who was busy working, it was always a major pita to get weed. Driving across the city to meet some shady contact in a dimly lit parking lot to score was never my idea of fun.
wasn´t a problem back at college but later on it really became tricky :( The contacts I once had in my town are gone now and they only had total rubbish anyway. Heck, these guys didn´t even know what the hell they were selling!!

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
''And I forgot to mention . . . it was tested @ 20.6% THC 0.06% CBD.''

i am not sure how accurate testing is - i remember reading a few years ago, i believe in wash state they sent out legal weed to 6 or 7 labs to be tested - the tests came back from 21 up to 29pct thc- each lab was diff...

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As the legal market continues its race to the bottom, my stepson – a true consumer - bought this for kicks at his local corporate-brand retail cannabis store down the street from where he lives. He grows his own in a micro cabinet and I am always throwing him jars as well, but he loves the convenience and variety of a local shop. Who doesn’t? He stopped in for the $69 oz that they had on sale but since it was out of stock, the budtender convinced him to splurge and spend $89. I haven’t seen an $89 oz in the black market since the 1980s, iirc.

View attachment 18724369

It comes from Tweed, which is one of the main flower brands of Canopy Growth. It is labeled as Himalayan Kush and it does have a Kush smell and taste. It is greenhouse grown in Smith Falls. It comes in a white plastic sac and it doesn’t have any bag appeal since the bag is sealed until you have already spent your money. It’s slightly squished as you would expect from plastic sac weed and the trim job is crap. A little harsh on the throat, but not crazy dry like most of the legal flower that I have sampled since legalization. But it gets you high. A muddy shortish high but it does the job. I tried a one hitter pipe and I smoked a small joint sitting in the sun. I much prefer my own produce for taste and kick but if I didn’t grow, I would be all over this. $89 and right down the street? As my stepson and I were talking, we were reminiscing about shit weed from shit dealers that was a lot more than this many years ago. It’s just a commodity now.
👎

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
No sir this is some brick weed I just got today with beautiful seeds and and for cheap. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.......100 a quarter.....pound I wish I had my 250 a pound connect right now but hes missing in action this stuff has a very familiar spicy smell, huge seeds not many seeds by my standards and most are not crushed, mild buzz

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.......:smoke:..... but you can smoke it.

RMS

Maple_Flail

RMS

Aye, Here! here!

The Market is far too stagnated already.. two key things are to blame. their Top down approach for branding "binning" each grade is its own Brand. talk about market flood.
Not to mention the let everyone come up with their own names, this has dwindled as its becoming very clear for certain things what you are buying.. others... not so much.
Kinda Silly I can look at a menu in a legal shop and see 7-12 variations(named differently al test within in % of each other) of the same thing.. (black cherry punch.. not a og at all like you see south of us)

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Stopped in Bud's Provisions in Watertown - 6 strains, $60 an eighth plus %20 sales tax. I feel bad for them. I was the only customer it looked like for some time. Didn't have hash.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
60 an 1/8 , plus the vig..... unless its ass kickin, the dealer hanging outside the shop prob has a better product, at 1/2 the price.... i don't see being in the weed bizz from grower to the ultimate seller being a good bizz... but maybe i'm missing something...