What's new

Albany Sour Diesel Clone

iriveru

That's awesome. I saw a clone of Blue Zushi selling for $600 and that's insane to me that anyone would want to pay even more than the price of a timeless classic for a cut of something that people will forget about in a few months.
His prices are kinda wack tbh, he’s still selling the “””Albany””” sour diesel for $400 that was confirmed by the source to be something else lol (to be fair, I don’t know if he’s aware but the kid he got it from confirmed he got cut fished). I would definitely hit up notsodog first but last resort Hash Nerd definitely has the real cut.

Also gmohouseofclones has blue zushi for $250 and even that isn’t worth it IMO. $600 is bananas

BerryManilow

You grew the Chaco, that’s ECSD. Still a very good representation of sour by all means, it just wasn’t the Albany or Manny cut. I know someone that’s close friends with AJ, his name is EJ sourhouse on IG, he takes it 9 weeks for trich ripeness, mostly milky. My friend uncle doobie on IG also swears by 9 weeks for that perfect psychoactivity in his sour diesel. They both swear that ECSD takes 11-12 weeks, but the old Albany and Manny cuts are 9. My other buddy forever grateful on IG swears 9 weeks, as well as that one podcast with AJ and his other friend Seth claims they always took it 9 weeks. I still prefer 10 weeks, i just respectfully disagree
Not this again. I was responding to ojd, because it's just round and round in circles with you. Please keep your smarmy "Well acktshually" replies directed elsewhere because I'm done going back and forth with you.

The ECSD is not from Rez. Chaco himself confirmed that. Chaco grew the same cut we had. I believe him over you.

Screenshot_20240528_001855_Chrome.jpg

Even JJ calls it the ECSD in his Chemdawg history.

Screenshot_20240703_183005_Chrome.jpg

Here's Hash Nerd's description that matches exactly what I've been telling you, but you can't ever accept being wrong.

Screenshot_20240524_102442_Chrome.jpg

If you're pulling at 9 weeks thats a different cut and/or you're pushing out premature buds. Plain and simple.
💯 and you should at least be growing sour diesel to have such strong opinions on the matter. For what it’s worth, I was smoking sour back in 2007, I never grew it back then, but I bought a lot of it from New York

Gatekeep much? You're telling an international cannabis forum to not have strong opinions on a plant they're very passionate about? Who are you, the Sour Police?

How bout we go one step further then? If you never grew it before 2010, and if you never smoked it before 2005, then you shouldn't have a strong opinion on the matter. It's not your cut, and telling people how to think is hilarious.

Have a great day bud!

Jutachi

You grew the Chaco, that’s ECSD. Still a very good representation of sour by all means, it just wasn’t the Albany or Manny cut. I know someone that’s close friends with AJ, his name is EJ sourhouse on IG, he takes it 9 weeks for trich ripeness, mostly milky. My friend uncle doobie on IG also swears by 9 weeks for that perfect psychoactivity in his sour diesel. They both swear that ECSD takes 11-12 weeks, but the old Albany and Manny cuts are 9. My other buddy forever grateful on IG swears 9 weeks, as well as that one podcast with AJ and his other friend Seth claims they always took it 9 weeks. I still prefer 10 weeks, i just respectfully disagree
I took my cloney 80 days, but tbh I could of cut her at 65-70 and be happy. I was smoking nugs i cut off at day 60 and was getting a super strong heady high. 80 its still there though, but I feel the headyness was more intense around 65-70. Just my opinion or maybe placebo lol. Cloneys cut is straight diesel skunky gas. No sweetness or citrus.. Just got the ECSD Chacos cut in today, so gonna be able to grow her and compare her to the cloney

Last edited:

iriveru

I took my cloney 80 days, but tbh I could have cut her at 65-70 and be happy. I was smoking nugs i cut off at day 60 and was getting a super strong heady high. 80 its still there though, but I feel the headyness was more intense around 65-70. Just my opinion or maybe placebo lol. Cloneys cut is straight diesel skunky gas. No sweetness or citrus.. Just got the ECSD Chacos cut in today, so gonna be able to grow her and compare her to the cloney
100% the smell is pure gasoline in flower, really nothing else diluting it.

Jutachi

Blockwork sour from 2013-2015. Had the skunky smell but also had the citrusy/tart/ lemon/pinesol some of u guys talk about. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a sour x og. Used ai to remove text over the buds

Attachments

• 20240703_214407.jpg
    20240703_214407.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 21

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

I took my cloney 80 days, but tbh I could have cut her at 65-70 and be happy. I was smoking nugs i cut off at day 60 and was getting a super strong heady high. 80 its still there though, but I feel the headyness was more intense around 65-70. Just my opinion or maybe placebo lol. Cloneys cut is straight diesel skunky gas. No sweetness or citrus.. Just got the ECSD Chacos cut in today, so gonna be able to grow her and compare her to the cloney
Yea I personally like it around 10 weeks. It brings that razor edge high down slightly, but 9 weeks and it’s psychoactive, very heady and intense. I know Cloney was saying it’s like a soaring skunk high at 9 weeks. You ran the Cloney cut beautifully bro, can’t wait to see you run the Chaco side by side

Last edited:

i.love.scotch

The only cut I say is Original Diesel is that cut named that on the list i mentioned, all others I mentioned on that list are Sour Diesel just different cuts .
All of those cuts are very similar just the Original Diesel is quite different in growth, flower time but had the same exact loud as all the other Sour Diesel cuts I mentioned ( they have the same loud , just some are louder)

To me none of these known Sour Diesel cuts or the Original Diesel have that loud sprite smell/taste at all , to me that's the Rez versions that produced that.

I know we all interpreted smells/taste differently so not saying your wrong just Diesel seems to be rewritten to what it's was 15 years ago these days in my opinion.
I never remember mad lemon , sprite etc , if anything a tiny little lemon ( which i never got in any the known cuts but now Lemon in the main thing people talk about with Sour Diesel ?

I mention this many times but around 2009 we had a broadmite outbreak around the world and since then cuts especially the Sour Diesel clones are a shadow of what they were.
I hear people always trying to coast the Funk out of the Sour Diesel ? , used to be so loud even your little shit runt you neglected in the corner stunk the whole block up ?
Sour Diesel used to be 1 of the loudest strains ever right ?

To me the insane loud smell that fills the entire room when the bag opens is what I smell , I don't know how to describe it apart from Loud Skunk from early 90's ( not saying road kill or anything like that just that's the smell what we first ever experienced when trying the new Skunk bud for the 1st time in UK) smelled so bad

Its an interesting topic for sure.

To be clear, I'm just talking about one clone. I have no delusions of knowing the "true" Sour. I think it was probably a whole family of clones and hybrids that went around in the early 2000s. Probably several different mashups of Chems and Super Skunks with other things throw in there as well.

I'm guessing the ECSD I know is more on the Super Skunk side of things since it had those more feathery, less dense, less commercially appealing buds. Which is probably why not many people kept her around. Everyone I know loved the smoke but got rid of her eventually. Wasn't really commercially viable compared to other things especially once the Kush wave hit.

Anyway, the ECSD clone I know came up into Eastern Canada from New York in the early 2000s. And then made its way west to BC. That's why it was called the ECSD, cause it was from the East Coast, and we were on the West Coast.... lol. And we already had plenty of our own other Diesels here from ages back.

And I should clarify, the Sprite aroma I'm talking about which I describe as lemon/lime should not be confused with a pure Lemon aroma at all. Its not fruity, its not lemony, I never got much Lemon from ECSD.

It's the soda flavour "lemon/lime" as in 7up or Sprite(which adds confusion I know), which is a bright, sour, sweet sort of smell. The 'bright' or Sour part of the smell is more like citric acid powder than actual lemon and I wouldn't describe it as fruity or anything like that. Maybe like Pinesol minus the pine?? I'm sorry. It was really complex but also really clean and sour and sweet. But this soda flavour is especially noticeable in extracts or vaped flower. Basically another way to describe "fresh sour". And it also came with a healthy dose of fuel.

But what I was trying to highlight is it had none of the axle grease, motor oil, asphalt an earthy type smells that a lot of the Diesel family can have. It was just super sour and super... clean? If that makes sense. Other Diesels I've had have some more dirty, earthy, greasy smells which are aweseome as well but just not what I remember as the ECSD.

And yes we can agree on the skunk. The ECSD clone I know, while sweet and sour up close, definitely skunked a room up from inside the bag. Super loud. It was very bright and sour and lively. As was the high.

As other people have chimed in, Very Very uplifting, feel like a million bucks, take on the world high. I think that's what made it famous. It's obviously not a super edgy sativa, but it had a euphoria and 'coke-like' shit eating grin sort of vibe that I can only describe as extremely uplifting.

Another key attribute of the ECSD I remember was the peach coloured pistils. Creamy peach colour that were short but curled in all directions. Very distinct compared to some other Diesels.

Like I said before. This is just one clone. I'm sure we all remember all different Diesels and Sours. It's all good.

I do think the Rez line and results there-of definitely confused things. Especially because there were different versions of the Rez line. I know someone that just popped old old Rez SD IBL seeds, the 2003 batch I think and they got dense, heavy yielding, skunky, kushy, sour, awesome buds. Really killer.

Obviously the same family as other Sour Diesel clones/lines but just not really bang on to what I knew as the ECSD clone.

This picture (not mine, from Scallywag) actually looks a lot like the ECSD I know. This pic is of a Sour Diesel x SBSE (Sour Best Shit Ever). Those soft curly peach coloured pistils are what strike nostalgia for me.

Screenshot_20240703-211623.png

Whereas this is an AJ Sour Diesel hybrid I grew recently. It was much more in the normal Diesel sort of range with greasy, motor oil, kerosene type aroma and it has the Rez IBL look to me which is that creamy grey green, white sort of look.

Screenshot_20240630-125937.png

And I know... at this point we are totally splitting hairs. I think what there is to remember is that it's all killer stuff. I am genuinely interested in the history of it, which is why I have gone into such nerdy depth with it here lol.

Also I realize this thread is about Albany Sour. Apologies. I can't help it.

I do have some seeds of Albany Sour x Stray Dog that I will grow out and report back here my comparisons. Here is a pic of the Albany from the breeder of these seeds (Two Currents) an honestly it looks a bit different then sour I know. But it seems to match other pictures of the Albany posted in this thread.

Screenshot_20240703-212545.png

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not this again. I was responding to ojd, because it's just round and round in circles with you. Please keep your smarmy "Well acktshually" replies directed elsewhere because I'm done going back and forth with you.

The ECSD is not from Rez. Chaco himself confirmed that. Chaco grew the same cut we had. I believe him over you.

View attachment 19027170

Even JJ calls it the ECSD in his Chemdawg history.

View attachment 19027179

Here's Hash Nerd's description that matches exactly what I've been telling you, but you can't ever accept being wrong.

View attachment 19027174

If you're pulling at 9 weeks thats a different cut and/or you're pushing out premature buds. Plain and simple.

Gatekeep much? You're telling an international cannabis forum to not have strong opinions on a plant they're very passionate about? Who are you, the Sour Police?

How bout we go one step further then? If you never grew it before 2010, and if you never smoked it before 2005, then you shouldn't have a strong opinion on the matter. It's not your cut, and telling people how to think is hilarious.

Have a great day bud!
It was definitely knows as East Coast Sour Diesel back then , and obviously Sour Diesel for short , that is fact nothing else.
Reservoir seeds version were all quite different to the actual Sour Diesel clone only, similar expressions but still very different to the exact look most well known cuts give ( chaco , albany etc etc etc all have alot of similar traits apart from Original Diesel , more chem like but offspring throw straight Sour Diesel traits , tongues , etc), look up pics and see what's up and find a Reservoir seeds pop as close to this Albany ( Albany looks legit and like most legit East Coast Sour Diesel clone onlys just all a tiny different.

Also i made a batch for Reservoir seeds of the Sour Diesel IBL he released but I used the Original Diesel clone not East Coast Sour Diesel clone ( after giving Rez flowers to confirm it was ok to use this cut) and got the green light to make project with it so that made things confusing to ( around 2008-9) I didn't see them all get grown or anything as I unfortunately when to prison for 6 months so missed the Rez downfall and snitch on everyone.

1 thing people must know is early Days there was pounds of seeded Diesel or a chemdog sold on streets and maybe that's where all these different Diesel cuts come from ( like I say every well known Diesel cut I've ever grown or smoked all had that loud Diesel but some more than others, and small differences , some much easier to get that Funk to come out.
Also you would get bagseed in some legit Sour Diesel cuts and also she was very sensitive to light leaks or whatever throwing seeds , again making possibilities of these very similar Sour Diesel clones with different names attached.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its an interesting topic for sure.

To be clear, I'm just talking about one clone. I have no delusions of knowing the "true" Sour. I think it was probably a whole family of clones and hybrids that went around in the early 2000s. Probably several different mashups of Chems and Super Skunks with other things throw in there as well.

I'm guessing the ECSD I know is more on the Super Skunk side of things since it had those more feathery, less dense, less commercially appealing buds. Which is probably why not many people kept her around. Everyone I know loved the smoke but got rid of her eventually. Wasn't really commercially viable compared to other things especially once the Kush wave hit.

Anyway, the ECSD clone I know came up into Eastern Canada from New York in the early 2000s. And then made its way west to BC. That's why it was called the ECSD, cause it was from the East Coast, and we were on the West Coast.... lol. And we already had plenty of our own other Diesels here from ages back.

And I should clarify, the Sprite aroma I'm talking about which I describe as lemon/lime should not be confused with a pure Lemon aroma at all. Its not fruity, its not lemony, I never got Lemon from ECSD.

It's the soda flavour "lemon/lime" as in 7up or Sprite(which adds confusion I know), which is a bright, sour, sweet sort of smell. The 'bright' or Sour smell I describe doesn't smell like lemon and its not fruity or anything like that. Maybe like Pinesol minus the pine?? I'm sorry. It was really complex but also really clean and sour and sweet. But this soda flavour is especially noticeable in extracts or vaped flower. Basically another way to describe "fresh sour". And it also came with a healthy dose of fuel.

But what I was trying to highlight is it had none of the axle grease, motor oil, asphalt an earthy type smells that a lot of the Diesel family can have. It was just super sour and super... clean? If that makes sense. Other Diesels I've had have some more dirty, earthy, greasy smells which are aweseome as well but just not what I remember as the ECSD.

And yes we can agree on the skunk. The ECSD clone I know, while sweet and sour up close, definitely skunked a room up from inside the bag. Super loud. It was very bright and sour and lively. As was the high.

As other people have chimed in, Very Very uplifting, feel like a million bucks, take on the world high. I think that's what made it famous. It's obviously not a super edgy sativa, but it had a euphoria and 'coke-like' shit eating grin sort of vibe that I can only describe as extremely uplifting.

Another key attribute of the ECSD I remember was the peach coloured pistils. Creamy peach colour that were short but curled in all directions. Very distinct compared to some other Diesels.

Like I said before. This is just one clone. I'm sure we all remember all different Diesels and Sours. It's all good.

I do think the Rez line and results there-of definitely confused things. Especially because there were different versions of the Rez line. I know someone that just popped old old Rez SD IBL seeds, the 2003 batch I think and they got dense, heavy yielding, skunky, kushy, sour, awesome buds. Really killer.

Obviously the same family as other Sour Diesel clones/lines but just not really bang on to what I knew as the ECSD clone.

This picture (not mine, from Scallywag) actually looks a lot like the ECSD I know. This pic is of a Sour Diesel x SBSE (Sour Best Shit Ever). Those soft curly peach coloured pistils are what strike nostalgia for me.

View attachment 19027257

Whereas this is an AJ Sour Diesel hybrid I grew recently. It was much more in the normal Diesel sort of range with greasy, motor oil, kerosene type aroma and it has the Rez IBL look to me which is that creamy grey green, white sort of look.

View attachment 19027259

And I know... at this point we are totally splitting hairs. I think what there is to remember is that it's all killer stuff. I am genuinely interested in the history of it, which is why I have gone into such nerdy depth with it here lol.

Also I realize this thread is about Albany Sour. Apologies. I can't help it.

I do have some seeds of Albany Sour x Stray Dog that I will grow out and report back here my comparisons. Here is a pic of the Albany from the breeder of these seeds (Two Currents) an honestly it looks a bit different then sour I know. But it seems to match other pictures of the Albany posted in this thread.

View attachment 19027260
Yeah I hear you, that's why i said we all interpret smell/taste quite different sometimes, but honestly I never had Lemon in any Sour Diesel clone myself, Chaco, Meltingpot, Captain Krip , Hazyfontazy/Bachus125 but I admit I've seen people I know mention they get a slight lemon twang even growing some of the cuts so I agree maybe the smallest touch in that insane loud Skuny Funky Gas

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also just for the records the Chaco cut and Meltingpot cuts did look near identical to this Albany cut everyone is posting ,

Hazyfontazys/bachus cut looked a little more like the notsodog cut people posting

And the Captain Krip cut looked more like the early version people posting( 10 week cut ) that and the Original Diesel clone only were the only 2 that were 10 weeks , all other cuts I mentioned were weak in Terps and High if taken at 10 weeks and needed 11 weeks minimum, more 12 weeks

badass-eu

For my part, in acidic diesel, the acidic side can be compared to a kind of lemon (slight certainly but can make you think of it), that's what comes to mind if I think of a fruit.. .