What's new

Albany Sour Diesel Clone

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

The sour diesel I had, looked and tasted closest to the Cloney. The sour d was never straight diesel fuel to me, it always had that sour funk mixed with the gassy and burnt rubber, diesel fuel taste. I remember the smell was much more skunky back in the day, like skunks ass. I never smoked the AJ cut until recently, same with any Rez cut sour, the stuff I had looked like the pics Cloney posts, very foxtaily and knuckly buds that were light green and had those pinkish hairs. It would stink through any container we put it in and even if you just rolled a joint of it in someone’s house and left, that fresh skunk stink would linger in their house for days. Cloney cut is the closest thing I’ve smelled to it, it’s probably the same shit we were getting to be honest.

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

You should of finished school when we were growing Diesel to be talking about stuff from over 15 years ago.

I grown all cuts i mentioned , there wasn't even names attached back then , I called them by name of people as I was running 3 different Sour Diesel cuts and the Original Diesel clone 15 years ago , so needed to name them to let people know which hybrid i made used which cut.

@Bigcrawdaddy2.0 is the 🤡 who keeps causing trouble in Diesel threads whenever I mention anything, last 2 guys posting was no problem, we both heard each other and said our pieces, just this young buck Sour wannabe who keeps trying to cause trouble
It’s not that serious bro, it’s just a plant lol
IMG_4007.jpeg

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sour Diesel I’ve had since around 2003 has always been a motivating, spiritual, go for a walk/hike kinda herb. I started this thread to discuss SOUR Diesel so if we could stick to that variety that’d be great. I’m sure your Original Diesel clone is as awesome as you say @ojd but it’s a whole different animal and trying to compare them as if they're the same is what’s causing arguments. I’m sure all the diesel kings have validated your cut, we’ve heard that a bunch in this thread.

OK, back to the Sour Diesel clone!

The sour diesel I had, looked and tasted closest to the Cloney. The sour d was never straight diesel fuel to me, it always had that sour funk mixed with the gassy and burnt rubber, diesel fuel taste. I remember the smell was much more skunky back in the day, like skunks ass. I never smoked the AJ cut until recently, same with any Rez cut sour, the stuff I had looked like the pics Cloney posts, very foxtaily and knuckly buds that were light green and had those pinkish hairs. It would stink through any container we put it in and even if you just rolled a joint of it in someone’s house and left, that fresh skunk stink would linger in their house for days. Cloney cut is the closest thing I’ve smelled to it, it’s probably the same shit we were getting to be honest.
When did you have this Sour ? What year , and 😆 you just described the exact thing I said of smell/taste of Sour Diesel , loud Skunk , wall pentrating
so we clear Lemon Sprite is not any of the we'll known Diesel cuts ?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
The one I had way back when had an amazing complex flavor that was to the best I can describe fuel, unidentified space citrus and earth. And it danced around your tasted buds in a way no other variety I can think of ever did. Not sure which sour diesel it was. I had not been on the forums yet and acquired it from a friend who used to be on overgrow by the name of dozer (not sure if that is how he spelled it).

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

A plant you been desperately chasing , and any info you can find , switching up story's, descriptions every 6 months when getting a new cut
Yea yea yea, and your “original diesel” is better than any real sour diesel cut and blah blah blah. Quit promoting your seeds on an “Albany sour diesel” thread

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sour Diesel I’ve had since around 2003 has always been a motivating, spiritual, go for a walk/hike kinda herb. I started this thread to discuss SOUR Diesel so if we could stick to that variety that’d be great. I’m sure your Original Diesel clone is as awesome as you say @ojd but it’s a whole different animal and trying to compare them as if they're the same is what’s causing arguments. I’m sure all the diesel kings have validated your cut, we’ve heard that a bunch in this thread.

OK, back to the Sour Diesel clone!
So can you not throw up your opinion of the Sour Diesel clone smell/taste you was running back then ? , the more people speak up solidifies actual information , I don't care if it's not what I say just we need the OG's to speak up not the new generation who were not even smoking Diesel back then let alone growing it

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea yea yea, and your “original diesel” is better than any real sour diesel cut and blah blah blah. Quit promoting your seeds on an “Albany sour diesel” thread
Stop trying to cause trouble, I didn't promote nothing, you just some kid trying to cause trouble.

Face it I had over 3 well known Sour Diesel cuts 15 years back and this Original Diesel cut and you want to school me on Diesel 😆

Il happily listen to other members who been around for years , but your some kid who keeps throwing his toys out the pram

iriveru

Stop trying to cause trouble, I didn't promote nothing, you just some kid trying to cause trouble.

Face it I had over 3 well known Sour Diesel cuts 15 years back and this Original Diesel cut and you want to school me on Diesel 😆

Il happily listen to other members who been around for years , but your some kid who keeps throwing his toys out the pram
I thought we concluded the dick swinging contest like a month ago?

Again, out of respect for OP and others in this thread let’s maybe limit convo to productive/civil chats about sour instead of the childish shit. Your age doesn’t matter when we’re acting like toddlers.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought we concluded the dick swinging contest like a month ago?

Again, out of respect for OP and others in this thread let’s maybe limit convo to productive/civil chats about sour instead of the childish shit. Your age doesn’t matter when we’re acting like toddlers.
Let's here opinions on smell/taste then ( especially from well known members ) so we can discuss the Sour Diesel smell taste from early Internet days

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I remember the original SD having oddly shaped leaves. Smaller than they should be. Even length blades on the leaves. Lemonheads pledge aroma.

Can we please get to the bottom of this? I know some ofmthenolder heads still have pics of SourD.

I have grown ECSD, Daywrecker, Chems D and 4 all side by side along with a bubba or two. SourD stood out among them and the flavor was mind blowing. Instant semi upon sniffing the jar.

Can we sort through this mess and nail down the original from the rest of her sisters?

SD
daywrecker is original diesel, right?

BerryManilow

Old (early 2000s-2014) Sour grower here. First smoked it around 2000-2001. All the growers around here took it 77-85 days. 9 weeks? Never. Not if you were a serious grower.

Smell and taste: Straight wall piercing fuel and sour skunk (not rks, but skunky.) No overpowering lemon or citrus, no sprite, no fruit. One of the strains that lingers in your mouth well after smoking. Could smell it in your pocket in the same room. Could smell it 9 houses down the road when it was growing, even with 2 carbon filters.

AJ, Albany, Cloney, JP, Hunter Mountain, all look like the same or similar cut to me. The cut Chaco had looks different and will always be the real cut to me. I could be wrong, but I don't care. I can be wrong and happy. I was there growing and smoking it well before Chaco ever had it. His photos look different than every other sour I've seen lately. That's why I chose to get that cut again, over all the others.

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

Old (early 2000s-2014) Sour grower here. First smoked it around 2000-2001. All the growers around here took it 77-85 days. 9 weeks? Never. Not if you were a serious grower.

Smell and taste: Straight wall piercing fuel and sour skunk (not rks, but skunky.) No overpowering lemon or citrus, no sprite, no fruit. One of the strains that lingers in your mouth well after smoking. Could smell it in your pocket in the same room. Could smell it 9 houses down the road when it was growing, even with 2 carbon filters.

AJ, Albany, Cloney, JP, Hunter Mountain, all look like the same or similar cut to me. The cut Chaco had looks different and will always be the real cut to me. I could be wrong, but I don't care. I can be wrong and happy. I was there growing and smoking it well before Chaco ever had it. His photos look different than every other sour I've seen lately. That's why I chose to get that cut again, over all the others.
You grew the Chaco, that’s ECSD. Still a very good representation of sour by all means, it just wasn’t the Albany or Manny cut. I know someone that’s close friends with AJ, his name is EJ sourhouse on IG, he takes it 9 weeks for trich ripeness, mostly milky. My friend uncle doobie on IG also swears by 9 weeks for that perfect psychoactivity in his sour diesel. They both swear that ECSD takes 11-12 weeks, but the old Albany and Manny cuts are 9. My other buddy forever grateful on IG swears 9 weeks, as well as that one podcast with AJ and his other friend Seth claims they always took it 9 weeks. I still prefer 10 weeks, i just respectfully disagree

iriveru

doctor faust

I saw a clone on Strainly from a seller named "Hash Nerd" who is selling a clone that he claims to be Notsodog's personal cut of Sour Diesel for $400 a pop. Anyone know if it's legit? He has a 99% approval rating, but it's hard to tell who's who in this world...

I'm a big fan of Breeder's Syndicate whether you like Matt Riot or not and the episodes with Notso are always fascinating. He's like a weed encyclopedia. I'm forever grateful for him keeping the Mendo Purps clone alive even when everyone else ditched the Purple stuff when OG and Diesel took over

iriveru

I saw a clone on Strainly from a seller named "Hash Nerd" who is selling a clone that he claims to be Notsodog's personal cut of Sour Diesel for $400 a pop. Anyone know if it's legit? He has a 99% approval rating, but it's hard to tell who's who in this world...

I'm a big fan of Breeder's Syndicate whether you like Matt Riot or not and the episodes with Notso are always fascinating. He's like a weed encyclopedia. I'm forever grateful for him keeping the Mendo Purps clone alive even when everyone else ditched the Purple stuff when OG and Diesel took over
I know Hash Nerd and he got his cut directly from Notso, it’s legit.

Jcue81

Notso has let it out in the last few years and it’s making the rounds. I haven’t seen too many recent grows of it after Shamus passed. Notso shared a few pics of it though I’ll drop here.
IMG_8644.png
IMG_8643.png

Latest posts

Latest posts