What's new

Albany Sour Diesel Clone

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In my experience ECSD is different than Original Diesel, Rez IBL (and the many many derivative lines of Rez IBL) and different than what goes around as AJ Sour Diesel right now.

What I know as ECSD from around 2007 or so was bright sour, lemon/lime Sprite aroma with a high that made you feel like a million dollars. Very potent but also extremely uplifting, 'kind' high. Extracts smell exactly like lemon/lime Sprite with bright "sour" and a touch of fuel.

I have this ECSD x SSH from seed right now and its got that what I call "bright sour" to it. LIke it actually smells sour, lemon/lime, etc. Althought honestly I find its a little watered down by the SSH. I'll need to look through more of them for a keeper, as I've only run 2 females so far.

To me the other Diesels like Original Diesel, AJ, Rez IBL, etc are still a bit sour but smell more like actual diesel, grease, fuel, earthy, kush etc. And like you say, very potent but can be more of a daywrecker. But yeah much darker smells and darker high.

That's just my experience.

But I didn't know anyone here was even thinking Original Diesel and Sour Diesel are the same thing. They are certainly not. I think the whole Rez thing mixed it all up.
The only cut I say is Original Diesel is that cut named that on the list i mentioned, all others I mentioned on that list are Sour Diesel just different cuts .
All of those cuts are very similar just the Original Diesel is quite different in growth, flower time but had the same exact loud as all the other Sour Diesel cuts I mentioned ( they have the same loud , just some are louder)

To me none of these known Sour Diesel cuts or the Original Diesel have that loud sprite smell/taste at all , to me that's the Rez versions that produced that.

I know we all interpreted smells/taste differently so not saying your wrong just Diesel seems to be rewritten to what it's was 15 years ago these days in my opinion.
I never remember mad lemon , sprite etc , if anything a tiny little lemon ( which i never got in any the known cuts but now Lemon in the main thing people talk about with Sour Diesel ?

I mention this many times but around 2009 we had a broadmite outbreak around the world and since then cuts especially the Sour Diesel clones are a shadow of what they were.
I hear people always trying to coast the Funk out of the Sour Diesel ? , used to be so loud even your little shit runt you neglected in the corner stunk the whole block up ?
Sour Diesel used to be 1 of the loudest strains ever right ?

To me the insane loud smell that fills the entire room when the bag opens is what I smell , I don't know how to describe it apart from Loud Skunk from early 90's ( not saying road kill or anything like that just that's the smell what we first ever experienced when trying the new Skunk bud for the 1st time in UK) smelled so bad

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Daytime High in Sour Diesel ? , something went wrong big time , you either chopped it 2 weeks early or it's not any of the cuts I've ever sampled or grown

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
Daytime High in Sour Diesel ? , something went wrong big time , you either chopped it 2 weeks early or it's not any of the cuts I've ever sampled or grown
what about that nighttime sativa-y high with the cloudy, floaty, trippy head high?

that's the one i miss from 2005-2010 ish... sit at the top of a grassy hill and watch the show at the top of the trees as the sill oh ettes turn to dinosaurs and shit.

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

If you never had a daytime uplifting, mood boosting, intense high from sour, then you never smoked real sour diesel. It should have a big grin plastered on your face and make you wanna get up off the couch and move around. Crazy energetic and euphoric high. All the old school sour growers from New York only took it 9 weeks for it to be ripe, I personally like 10 because it smooths out that anxiety and oh shit feeling I get from Sour

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you never had a daytime uplifting, mood boosting, intense high from sour, then you never smoked real sour diesel. It should have a big grin plastered on your face and make you wanna get up off the couch and move around. Crazy energetic and euphoric high. All the old school sour growers from New York only took it 9 weeks for it to be ripe, I personally like 10 because it smooths out that anxiety and oh shit feeling I get from Sour
Yeah you get a big grin on your face for sure but no it's was not energetic that's a Haze the opposite of a Diesel.
I been smoking Diesel for over 15 years how old were you then ?

Maybe you guys consider a Sativa High different to someone like me who smokes real Haze's as they nothing alike at all. Haze is energetic , maybe your 10 week chopped Sour Diesel ( 12 week version is like you say that's all I can think of ?

9 weeks Sour Diesel 😆 🤣 😂 😹

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what about that nighttime sativa-y high with the cloudy, floaty, trippy head high?

that's the one i miss from 2005-2010 ish... sit at the top of a grassy hill and watch the show at the top of the trees as the sill oh ettes turn to dinosaurs and shit.
Sit at the top of grassy hill and watch the show sounds right for sure , but that's not energetic description at all like stated

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
It's all about perspective. If you take haze out of the equation and only compare it with most modem hybrids, diesel has a fairly up high. After a year of growing mostly haze and its crosses I found almost all other varieties to be too lethargic for me.

Hoping not smoking for a few months and system reset fixes this. I'd hate to think I need to flower for 14 to 20 weeks just to be satisfied with anything.

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

Yeah you get a big grin on your face for sure but no it's was not energetic that's a Haze the opposite of a Diesel.
I been smoking Diesel for over 15 years how old were you then ?

Maybe you guys consider a Sativa High different to someone like me who smokes real Haze's as they nothing alike at all. Haze is energetic , maybe your 10 week chopped Sour Diesel ( 12 week version is like you say that's all I can think of ?

9 weeks Sour Diesel 😆 🤣 😂 😹
Post up the sour diesel cut that you are currently growing, that is after all what this thread is for

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's all about perspective. If you take haze out of the equation and only compare it with most modem hybrids, diesel has a fairly up high. After a year of growing mostly haze and its crosses I found almost all other varieties to be too lethargic for me.

Hoping not smoking for a few months and system reset fixes this. I'd hate to think I need to flower for 14 to 20 weeks just to be satisfied with anything.

Bro I'm more than satisfied with the Original Diesel clone only I use and run and even the offspring , and all the cuts I mentioned years back when growing them , before many cuts are a shadow of themselves these days.
All cuts I mentioned were exceptional and some of the best strains ever , far better than any Reservoir seed or other Diesel hybrids and better than 90% of other strains , was in top 10 all time list for sure .

Today's Diesel cuts seem seriously watered down or weaken in smell/taste/High, Resin and or changed over the years.

Lemon/Lime /Sprite was on none of the Diesel cuts , maybe a faint lemon ( I don't think so or agree) but even people who grown same cuts as me some said that so I can agree a faint lemon , but overpowered by 90 Wall pentrating Funk , wasn't lemon as main taste at all, knowhere near.

But honestly that's why I just work with this Original Diesel clone only, Guaranteed ⛽️ everytime , you don't need to have a perfect run at all , perfect run will give you better yield and Resin etc but that loud wall pentrating ⛽️ is there everytime.
Offspring produce Diesel Terps like when first growing the Sour Diesel , but different phenos all with that loud Wall pentrating Diesel Funk

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Post up the sour diesel cut that you are currently growing
I'm not growing the Original Diesel cut at the moment just the S1 selections but we been through already hundreds of times , JJ From topdawg verified this cut , you were in school still when we were working Diesel , when JJ one of the first guys ever to smoke Diesel and Chemdog confirms my cut is legit that's enough, I don't need a Sour wannabe approval.

You change your story every week after being schooled or read up on Diesel , my story been same since day 1

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Bro I'm more than satisfied with the Original Diesel clone only I use and run and even the offspring , and all the cuts I mentioned years back when growing them , before many cuts are a shadow of themselves these days.
All cuts I mentioned were exceptional and some of the best strains ever , far better than any Reservoir seed or other Diesel hybrids and better than 90% of other strains , was in top 10 all time list for sure .

Today's Diesel cuts seem seriously watered down or weaken in smell/taste/High, Resin and or changed over the years.

Lemon/Lime /Sprite was on none of the Diesel cuts , maybe a faint lemon ( I don't think so or agree) but even people who grown same cuts as me some said that so I can agree a faint lemon , but overpowered by 90 Wall pentrating Funk , wasn't lemon as main taste at all, knowhere near.

But honestly that's why I just work with this Original Diesel clone only, Guaranteed ⛽️ everytime , you don't need to have a perfect run at all , perfect run will give you better yield and Resin etc but that loud wall pentrating ⛽️ is there everytime.
Offspring produce Diesel Terps like when first growing the Sour Diesel , but different phenos all with that loud Wall pentrating Diesel Funk
I was only talking about the quality of high.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was only talking about the quality of high.
Yeah I understand and Like I said we all interpret taste/Highs different

But what about smell taste , lets hear your opinion on that , as many of you guys are tight lipped when the Diesel talk comes up , and you let young bucks who never even smoked Diesel a decade or more ago try educate people ?

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
Sit at the top of grassy hill and watch the show sounds right for sure , but that's not energetic description at all like stated
yeah, i don't remember being amped... more like that panama red (at least that's what they called it, and it seemed legit)/ grape ape thing i remember, mellow mood with zero anxiety but not lethargic... plus the creative and loopy head on it. like psychedelic weed meditation.

with that said, ALL of the "sour diesel" i've had in the last decade has been a short buzz with a big crash. like i feel like cookies and all that do to me. i thought it was just my brain changing, but maybe i just haven't had the legit shit.

i really really liked the sour d x island super skunk i had a few times. but mostly i've been seeking chem types (stardawg, onycd, even sour bobby, dog patch, etc). hit me just right.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Yeah I understand and Like I said we all interpret taste/Highs different

But what about smell taste , lets hear your opinion on that , as many of you guys are tight lipped when the Diesel talk comes up , and you let young bucks who never even smoked Diesel a decade or more ago try educate people ?
As far as sour D goes. I am familiar with one cutting I had in Colorado almost 20 years ago. It was amazing mouth watering herb like nothing I had tasted before or after. I have grown several Diesel crosses since and while many taste related, none have captured the magic. I now have the Albany cut discussed in this thread and I'm hopeful it will be comparable. Pics of the dried buds look extremely similar.

While we are discussing different cuts and orgins I have a question/thought for everyone. Years ago I bought a pack of og kush seeds from reserva privada. Inside the pack it said chem 91 s1 (aka skunk va). My keeper was almost identical to the cut known as ghost. Mine was a tad more complex flavor and the ghost had a bit more knock down potency. But for the most part they were difficult to distinguish. So I have to wonder. If chem 91 is the mother of Original Diesel, what did reserva have? How does og fit in with the chems? Curious how they all fit together.

Really hope this Albany sour fills my Diesel craving. I'll probably (assumimg she is special) do a little chucking and pheno hunting. With both og and chem types as well as hazes.

iriveru

Not gonna lie crying this hard over slight discrepancies in fairly subjective aspects of a certain cultivar is…yikes.

Let’s try to keep this thread respectful and a place where we can agree to disagree without being straight up corny about it. We all love sour so let’s also learn to love productive debates.

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

Not gonna lie crying this hard over slight discrepancies in fairly subjective aspects of a certain cultivar is…yikes.

Let’s try to keep this thread respectful and a place where we can agree to disagree without being straight up corny about it. We all love sour so let’s also learn to love productive debates.
💯 and you should at least be growing sour diesel to have such strong opinions on the matter. For what it’s worth, I was smoking sour back in 2007, I never grew it back then, but I bought a lot of it from New York

Jcue81

Sour Diesel I’ve had since around 2003 has always been a motivating, spiritual, go for a walk/hike kinda herb. I started this thread to discuss SOUR Diesel so if we could stick to that variety that’d be great. I’m sure your Original Diesel clone is as awesome as you say @ojd but it’s a whole different animal and trying to compare them as if they're the same is what’s causing arguments. I’m sure all the diesel kings have validated your cut, we’ve heard that a bunch in this thread.

OK, back to the Sour Diesel clone!

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
💯 and you should at least be growing sour diesel to have such strong opinions on the matter. For what it’s worth, I was smoking sour back in 2007, I never grew it back then, but I bought a lot of it from New York
You should of finished school when we were growing Diesel to be talking about stuff from over 15 years ago.

I grown all cuts i mentioned , there wasn't even names attached back then , I called them by name of people as I was running 3 different Sour Diesel cuts and the Original Diesel clone 15 years ago , so needed to name them to let people know which hybrid i made used which cut.

@Bigcrawdaddy2.0 is the 🤡 who keeps causing trouble in Diesel threads whenever I mention anything, last 2 guys posting was no problem, we both heard each other and said our pieces, just this young buck Sour wannabe who keeps trying to cause trouble

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sour Diesel I’ve had since around 2003 has always been a motivating, spiritual, go for a walk/hike kinda herb. I started this thread to discuss SOUR Diesel so if we could stick to that variety that’d be great. I’m sure your Original Diesel clone is as awesome as you say @ojd but it’s a whole different animal and trying to compare them as if they're the same is what’s causing arguments. I’m sure all the diesel kings have validated your cut, we’ve heard that a bunch in this thread.

OK, back to the Sour Diesel clone!
Let's hear your word then on Smell/taste as you seem to avoid anything you don't want to discuss when talking Sour Diesel ?

I'm not comparing them at all , we talking about the Sour Diesel but they are related ?