What's new

Ahmar F1 : 60s Panama Red x Chefchaouen 'Sativa' Hashplant

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks all, temps are pretty low in my grow atm but the plants seem to be able to handle it... it will be interesting to grow them again (i have clones) in warm temps to see if they behave differently.... I have pollinated a couple of buds already just as a contingency, and i will do some more pollination later this week so as to hopefully get a few seeds to send a few packs to seedbay.
VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Around 5 weeks now. They seem to have a sweet berry hash smell developing...
Plant 5 the taller Lst'd one
ahmer5@4.jpg
ahmer5@4top.jpg
ahmer5@4nug.jpg

kro-magnon

Veteran
I have a plant with a very similar look in flower right now, it's a Rocky Melon from Karma. I'll get somme pics tomorrow to show you. I went in Chefchaouen in 99, it was a wonderful trip, I've been able to visit a farm where I bought 1KG of their first quality, it had a reddish tone to it once compacted. One of the best Haschich I've smoked in my life.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks all, yes these are a pleasure to grow so far.., really strong healthy plants and they've coped well with the lower temps. I want to run them again in the spring when it's warmer.

kro-magnon

Veteran
This is a pic of my Rocky Melon, I can't make a picture who shows its real colors, in reality the purple is more vibrant than it seems on the pic. You must have a good camera or your plant has really strong colors, maybe both. It's the first time I grow a plant with real purple buds, when I was growing outdoor the colors were from the low temps not the genes.
Your plant has vibrant colors and show resin early too, I hope you'll get some nice buds to smoke from her.

Attachments

• IMG20230306210330.jpg
    IMG20230306210330.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG20230306210238.jpg
    IMG20230306210238.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 68

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That looks nice @kro-magnon ! - mine does have quite dark flower-centres but i also find it hard to capture properly in a pic..
Here are some pics from today.. we are at 6 weeks now and the plants are really frosting up starting to look like they will be finished soon.
Plant 5 was the taller but lst'd one. The smells have really evolved and it is slightly sweet still but now a very much earthy/leathery/mocha type funk which reminds me of bubba in some ways (and the bud structure reminds me of the Katsu Bubba somewhat... but with longer pistils.
ahmar5at6wks.jpg
Ahmer5@6nug.jpg
ahmer5@6nugg.jpg
Ahmar5@6top.jpg

went a bit crazy trying to get a decent macro..
ahmer5macro.jpg
ahmar5mcroo.jpg
ahmar5macrooo.jpg

Attachments

• ahmar5macrooo.jpg
    ahmar5macrooo.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 36

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and plant 4 the shorter untrained one (it is actually taller but only because i didn't LST it)
This one has a sharper edge to the smell a bit like blackcurrent root or something... possibly slightly more frosty but it's close
The buds are also red on this but not quite so much as plant 5 . The purple leaves make the buds look greener than they are:
Ahmer4@6wks.jpg
ahmar4sidenug.jpg
ahmer4top@6.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi there, just back after a week away and the plants are ok! (always a relief)
we are at 8 weeks now and these are looking pretty much done... smell great and are handsome plants to boot ! i'll check the trics and see how ready they are next week nut a few quick pics
here is number 5 the one that was originally taller.
ahm5@8nugs.jpg
ahm5@8side.jpg
Ahm5@8nug.jpg
Ahm5@8.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and plant 4 the one with the equal sidebranching.. smells a bit sweeter. The buds do have the similar maroon/red colour as plant 5 but to a slightly lesser extent. This is then somewhat hidden by the whole plant turning purple due to colder conditions. sidenugs have seeds which is good !
ahm4@8above.jpg
Ahm4sidenug@8.jpg
ahm4@8nug.jpg

it has been my absolute privilege to grow these plants so thanks again to those that made it possible !
VG

island_organics

looking at plant 5 this morning i think the buds are maybe starting to grow red like the Panama red... ive never grown P.R. so maybe anyone who has could chime in ? some resin too !
View attachment 18811811 View attachment 18811810
VG
This is a couple of ace’s Panama displaying red and pink pistils. I’d love to get hold of some the old, pure Panama red seeds to grow out too.
0C075F2D-4C44-42E5-A4A3-59B6392DF522.jpeg
7C2B1DA5-98B6-48A6-8C52-330DEC9687A3.jpeg
24DEEB83-D05A-43BD-84B7-144D91DBD135.jpeg
AC8860C4-DE1F-4702-888B-7E1CF189AC16.jpeg

RobFromTX

Hi there, just back after a week away and the plants are ok! (always a relief)
we are at 8 weeks now and these are looking pretty much done... smell great and are handsome plants to boot ! i'll check the trics and see how ready they are next week nut a few quick pics
here is number 5 the one that was originally taller.
View attachment 18823168 View attachment 18823167 View attachment 18823166 View attachment 18823165
So crazy because its a sativa but its features look so indica. Congrats. I look forward to a smoke report (y)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks @island_organics they look nice, i have also seen pics of PR that have red coloured buds/bracts but white pistils... perhaps those were the ones selected for this cross or maybe there are red pistils in there that i haven't yet discovered... i must try and pop the other 6 F1 seeds.

@RobFromTX yes i agree it does look indica in many ways... we don't know for sure about the Chefchaouen half of the cross. Beldia or Early Maroc are both sativas that i could imagine maybe being similar to the other half of this cross, but i guess it could be a big indica like Taskenti or something and it was called sativa because it wasn't short and squat like most hashplants. Like i say it reminds me of bubba (more katsu bubba) in bud structure, in fact i want to cross it to the pre-98 bubba i have one vegging now !

VG

Latest posts

Latest posts