What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

19-Noviembre

King Congo 1°(Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company ). Nacida el 5-Mayo / Born 5-May.

Punta de la planta, vista a su mismo nivel de altura.
Main tip of the plant, seen at the same height level.

Mirando al Sur / Looking South :

View Image

Mirando al SudEste / Looking at Southeast :

View Image

View Image

View Image

19-Noviembre

King Congo 1°(Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company ). Born 5-May.

Looking North East and North,
main tip buds:

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

19-November.

King Congo 1°(Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company ). Born on 5-May.

Branches from the stem bitrh of the plant, looking North.
Some are up to 1.70 meters in length:

picture.php

picture.php

Lateral branche:

picture.php

Another one diferent:

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

19-November.

King Congo 1°(Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company ). Born on 5-May.

Lateral branches' buds:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

19-November.

King Congo 1°(Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company). Born on 5-May.

Lateral branches' buds:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

19-November.

King Congo 1°(Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company ). Born 5-May.

Lateral branches' buds:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

19-November.

King Congo 1°(Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company). Born on 5-May.

Another lateral branche n' its buds:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

19-Noviembre.

...y de postre para los mas golosos: "brazo de gitano" para todos...

...and for dessert for those with a sweet tooth: "gypsy arm cake" for everyone...

King Congo 1°(Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company ). Nacida el 5-Mayo / Born 5-May.

Cogollos de las ramas laterales:
Lateral branches' buds:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

funkyhorse

Master SamS is explaining me that my greenhouse is a natural LGBT individuals tester
I am having these days a quite interesting thermal amplitude which is the norm in the microclimate where I live. I have temperatures of 9C/12C at 5am with 95-99% humidity with peaks of up to 42C at 1400 with humidity in the range of 20%/40%
Of course you can reduce intersex in any population. Use big plant numbers and only use the least intersex as parents. Intersex is not dominate, early males do not express intersex more then late males. Using STS to self a female will help show if a single clone has intersex traits as they will be expressed in progeny and then you can avoid them and the parent. It will take 4-5 years to come up with an intersex free line or a population that hardly expresses intersex. Most varieties have some individuals with intersex traits, some like Thai are notoriously intersex, but with work you can breed away from them, try and use intersex free, test any females with stress tests or by selfing the plant and growing the progeny, or both. Avoid using anything intersex, as intersex begets intersex. With South African Durban Poison I used the least intersex the first few years, then intersex free for several years, to create the intersex free population, not 100% but almost.... The first year they were all intersexed to some degree.
You can also stress test any female parent before using as a seed parent, use every stress you can think of,
* Inconsistent Light Schedules
* Pinhole Light Leaks During Flowering
* Excess or Extreme Changes in Temperature
* Bound Roots
* pH too Low/High
* Lighting Spectrum Change
* Media Excessively Wet/Dry
* Excessive Supercropping/Heavy-Trimming
* Root Pruning
* Proximity to Sessions (just making sure you're reading. lol)
* Over/Under Feeding
* Incorrect Nutrient Profile
* Insects/Disease/Fungi
* Pesticide/Chemical Exposure
* Extended Flowering Time
-SamS
Malawi Gold TRSC
One male is firm so far and hopefully will keep this way while this one in the picture is kaput, girls will be tested in the greenhouse
Both of them have been at 5 liter pots
Master Sams said it will take up to four years to eliminate hermaphroditism from a landrace line, I hope the progeny of the firm male will stay LGBT free.
picture.php

The bigger Malawi Gold TRSC girl already stretched x7 indoors to over 2 meters after 41 days in the flower room and keeps stretching
Lower branch bud, already showing some resin

picture.php

Kongolese TRSC
My 2 males kept at 5 liter pots hermied at the same time in the greenhouse. It seems this strain has been kept in captivity in Germany under artificial environment and reproduced indoors in Spain. I will test the Kongo girls which I transplanted to 20 liter pots in my natural outdoor greenhouse tester. So far indoors they seem to have no problem. Girls after 1 month in flower room are x5 stretch. They seem to be longer flowering than Malawi Gold and not very productive, a lot of internodal space between branches

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 2° 2020

King Congo 2° 2020

16-November.

King Congo 2° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Higlands; born 18-June):

Very fruity and sweet aroma, but difficult to specify; like a mixture between sweet carrot/mandarine, and apple/melon/kiwi...

View Image

View Image

View Image

It lacks the 3 lower knots (6 branches), pruned..

View Image

View Image

19-November.

King Congo 2° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Higlands; Tropical Seeds Company; born 18-June):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 2° 2020

King Congo 2° 2020

19-November.

King Congo 2° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Higlands; Tropical Seeds Company ; born 18-June).

View from the opposite side to the previous one.

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 2° 2020

King Congo 2° 2020

By 19-November both King Congos were fully ripe. I decided to pick them up the next day 20, but certain obligations kept me busy and I could not return to "La Perrera" until the evening of 22nd. I took a few photos of the plants to document their condition just before I started harvesting them the next day...

22-Noviembre.
King Congo 2° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Higlands;Tropical Seeds Company ; born 18-June).
Main tip:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 2° 2020

King Congo 2° 2020

22-Noviembre.

King Congo 2° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Higlands; Tropical Seeds Company; born 18-June).

Lower buds:

picture.php

picture.php

romanoweed

i was seeing on your Site you have 700 Photos for just one Strain!`. And probably some doubles in Revival-Sativa Thread. hah

Montuno

...como el Son...
I don't think I've put the same photo in the same thread twice, except for a mistake that went unnoticed. If you tell me what they are, I'll delete them.

Salud.

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

The King Congo 2°, which does not reach 1'70 meters, I will harvest it at once. But the K.C. 1°, with its almost 3 metres of stem length, I will have to do it in parts; and even more so when I am alone for everything...

22-Noviembre.
King Congo 1°(Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei; Tropical Seeds Company). Born 5-May.

Lateral branches n' its buds :

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts