What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...another day of chores to deal with,laundry and a bit of grocery shopping,then scrubbing pots...not too many,like 40-50...and picked up a new power strip for the build a soil tent so gonna need to get in there and get everything swapped around...almost forgot i have a stack of saucers to deal with as well...
spent more time on the forklift yesterday,even did my first lift into a truck...just a 1/3 of a pallet,but no problems really,only had to back up once to realign...
not very busy,had time to price out getting the 4x8 tent outfitted with ac infinity gear,2 lights,and 8 inch fan and filter,a 6 inch fan for intake air,a couple of clip on fans,and a controller...with discount 850 bucks...just gonna have to see about the market...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240907_105353891_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240907_192852028_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240907_192857947_HDR.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant:
back from laundry and grocery shopping...too many people in both places...i swear,people are just friggin oblivious to their surroundings these days...makes me both sad and highly annoyed at the same time...

anyway,time for lunch,then back to pot washing...already did the 30 saucers and a small stack of #1's and cups,onto the #2 and #5's then done with pot washing for at least another week...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plants look healthy AF. They're doing the happy dance. 3.0 kicking it.
just gave them plain water today after an initial wetting with rootwise,BB,a little quallija powder and trinity,gonna pick up some root organic veg terp tea next week until i can order the humate based nutes from bokashi earthworks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...back to work for part two of my grueling 3 day work week...can you believe i have to work two whole days in a row?
crazy...

gotta water veg before i go,so back to coffee time...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: mornin campers....sliding into sum-tumn here,still getting up to 90 during the day but down to the 60's at night...good sleeping weather at least...and getting better for the garden...and for riding bikes...
not much garden work to deal with on my days off,pretty much just plant care and some minor cleaning...

but get this,the owner wants the stacks of literally a couple thousand pots cleaned up at work! so gonna talk over that today,and probably just reduce it to cleaning up a portion and moving them into the store,anything else would just be a circle jerk of the pots getting dusty again by the time you finish getting them all cleaned up...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
"owner wants the stacks of literally a couple thousand pots cleaned up at work! so gonna talk over..."

Laughing so hard I nearly puked...bwwwahahahhahahaaha

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Who is the luckiest mother out there? Can you say Icky?

So my wife went over to her moms for 5 days. I figured that was a good time to replace my sliding patio door and fix all the rot there.

Well I cut back the sheathing and pulled that piece of plywood off the wall and found a 5 inch nest of yellow jackets on the back. Like 40-50 hornets. I dropped that board nest side down on the deck and stomped the shit out of the board.

Killed every one of those hornets but one. And that dumb fucker must have been from New Mexico because she went to the dead hornets on the deck where I stomped her ass too. Didnt get stung once.

So yeah Icky is the luckiest fucker out there. At least yesterday I was.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Who is the luckiest mother out there? Can you say Icky?

So my wife went over to her moms for 5 days. I figured that was a good time to replace my sliding patio door and fix all the rot there.

Well I cut back the sheathing and pulled that piece of plywood off the wall and found a 5 inch nest of yellow jackets on the back. Like 40-50 hornets. I dropped that board nest side down on the deck and stomped the shit out of the board.

Killed every one of those hornets but one. And that dumb fucker must have been from New Mexico because she went to the dead hornets on the deck where I stomped her ass too. Didnt get stung once.

So yeah Icky is the luckiest fucker out there. At least yesterday I was.
I once opened a beehive while it was raining. Unlucky fucker was I.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
On the course we get paper nests hanging in the trees. No good for golfers. At night I wheel up, knock it down into a box and throw a towel over it. Then Golf cart it over to the woods and huck the box out at speed. They relocate and I retrieve the towel and box later.

Well a weeks ago, allegedly smoking a ball of hash and on my however many beers, I wheel up, knock nest into box and drive off. Well forgot the towel. I'm tooling along when I realized...they were mad. Took some hits and box was ejected immediately. Good times 😂