What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I got some thing from the power company today that says I am using one eighth of the power of energy efficient homes in my houses size range built in the same time frame. Funny that when I had my grow going they sent me one that said I was using 25 times the normal house usage.

Last month when we were hitting the mid nineties my electric usage was still only $111. I guess those people who said I was over insulating my house were wrong. Seems to be paying off quite nicely now.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got some thing from the power company today that says I am using one eighth of the power of energy efficient homes in my houses size range built in the same time frame. Funny that when I had my grow going they sent me one that said I was using 25 times the normal house usage.

Last month when we were hitting the mid nineties my electric usage was still only $111. I guess those people who said I was over insulating my house were wrong. Seems to be paying off quite nicely now.
slacker! we're never going to finish ruining the planet with that attitude! better get a big dumb truck to make up for it,roll some coal for 'murica yah damn commie!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant: almost time to get to actual plant care...had some cleaning to deal with,and i'm gonna need to wash bamboo stakes and grab some more zip ties so i can get the next batch of plants into flower...and i still need to go run errands...time flies when you sleep in til' 10am!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
slacker! we're never going to finish ruining the planet with that attitude! better get a big dumb truck to make up for it,roll some coal for 'murica yah damn commie!
When My grow was in my basement I couldnt get the heat out of the house. I had a 8 inch fan blowing cold air into my hose that never shut off in the winter till it was -20 out. Many a time when it was 30 degrees out I had my front door open to cool off my house. Cheaper to open the door than run a AC in the winter.

I use to have a picture of that fan covered in 2 inches of ice.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: yup,i know a thing or two about too much damn heat...been a nice break from hellishly hot all the time...been cool enough at night for sleeping,and not so bad on the ride home from work...some of those days when it was over 105 made for tough rides,no matter how short....yesterday i didn't even drink all the water i bought to work...

off to run errands,then back to feed the plants and get the next 9 prepped for flower...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant: alrighty,not as much done as i would have liked,but nothing mission critical was skipped so all good...

gonna be a busy day on wednesday,mostly cleaning stuff,really,all cleaning...tomorrow night i need to make a big batch of terp tea for flower...and the doggos go home...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant: it's alive!

all the equipment installed in the 3x3 and the bar lights programmed,the sp150's on a timer,fans running,they sure are quiet...need to get a thermometer/hygrometer in there...and i think i accidentally used a #7 pot since it only took one bag of build a soil to fill...put one of hammer's destiny in,watered the 3.0 with a mix of quallija,rootwise,and BB with some trinity...getting run off so i can be fairly sure it's wet all the way through...

IMG_20240901_172702131_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240901_172759646_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240901_173942566_HDR.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...no rest for the wicked,gotta work today,and there's a 20% off sale at the shop so it could be a busy one...at least the dogs go home tonight...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: mornin campers...it's my friday again already! gotta water veg before i leave for work,got a big batch of terp tea brewed up last night so all ready to deal with flower later on...been much cooler the past few days so hopefully no more 100 degree days this year...

lots of cleaning to deal with tomorrow...washing pots hooray!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...almost noon and still fairly cool out...almost starting to forget about the summer hell heat...almost...
a bunch of cleaning to deal with today,or at least as much as the supply of bleach and clr can deal with...and of course my eternal nemesis trimming,can't have days off without some trimming...

made tea on monday,brewed for 24 hours,fed last night...

IMG_20240903_085108632.jpg
IMG_20240903_085112834.jpg
IMG_20240903_193945625_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240903_193951158_HDR.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:rtfo: hell yeah! boss gave me a 100 dollar bonus! wasn't expecting that,normally we have to hit 5k net sales for that,but that's with 2 people working the store,so i guess yesterday's 4700 gross by myself was good enough...also the parking lot,the very dusty parking lot just got a truckload of crusher fines so there's been extra work keeping it raked smooth and watered down to keep it packed down and firm enough for the forklift which i've pretty much been doing myself...including yesterday twice and doing all the usual sidework to keep the store clean and the shelves stocked...all on a busy day...

of course i'll probably end up spending most of it in the shop,so a circular bonus in a way...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant::mopper:alrighty,in spite of my late lazy start getting through the chores...washed a stack of #1 pots and cups,cleaned two 4x4 trays and a tray stand,and went ahead and added two more plants to the build a soil 3x3 tent in #5 pots...another of hammers destiny and a cherry cookies..gave the veg plants a foliar of epsom,verde,and microbe+...next washing my nute buckets...then getting the last harvest into a tote to be ignored as long as possible:D

IMG_20240904_145305648.jpg
IMG_20240904_164907778_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240904_164915992_HDR.jpg

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
100 dollar bonus! wasn't expecting that,normally we have to hit 5k net sales for that,but that's with 2 people working the store,so i guess yesterday's 4700 gross by myself was good enough...also the parking lot,the very dusty parking lot just got a truckload of crusher fines so there's been extra work
Sounds like a busy store.… I bet your days go by quick