What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
And one of the reasons I still work hard. I know many people my age who stopped doing hard work and cant do even lite work.

That doesn't help with arthritis. It just says: Hurt you m-f . . . as it sends a 9/10 jolt of pain somewhere you didn't expect it. :oops: I am fighting but it will humble you just the same.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
That doesn't help with arthritis. It just says: Hurt you m-f . . . as it sends a 9/10 jolt of pain somewhere you didn't expect it. :oops: I am fighting but it will humble you just the same.
I have some osteoarthritis. The Dr. says I need to keep moving or it will get worse. I have stiff hands in the morning and have to get them moving. I found it is worse depending on what I eat.

But I do not feel pain like most people. Just dont hurt like most other people do. So I am lucky there. I feel sorry for people like you and others here that have to power thru their pain to get things done.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
But I do not feel pain like most people. Just dont hurt like most other people do. So I am lucky there.

Yes, you are. My OA came on fast about 7 years ago when I was still working. I went from a minor (normal) back twinge to an OR for back surgery in 8 months. Spinal stenosis. And it happened twice with another operation 2 years later. The 'normal' arthritis pain only kicked in a few years after. :rolleyes:

I walk my dog for a couple of miles every day - rain or shine - hot or cold because not been able to walk scared the shit out of me.

Akss

Could always go work for the windmills I guess I hear they got plenty of money to waste.. anchored up in the bay...
IMG_20240625_101137138.jpg

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
osteoarthritis
This is how I lost my hip. had a total hip replacement 2018 on the right side,
Yes, you are. My OA came on fast about 7 years ago when I was still working. I went from a minor (normal) back twinge to an OR for back surgery in 8 months. Spinal stenosis. And it happened twice with another operation 2 years later. The 'normal' arthritis pain only kicked in a few years after. :rolleyes:

I walk my dog for a couple of miles every day - rain or shine - hot or cold because not been able to walk scared the shit out of me.

Loriented

The brown on this mountain, is hundreds of acres eaten by Gypsy Moths. The green is mostly state land and they probably sprayed to kill the moths. But the brown sections are probably private land and they could not afford to spray.
The little Notch at the top left is the Hangglider Port. It is at 1700 ft.
1000012521.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
🚲 yup,not getting much riding in aside from going back and forth to work,the trip in is not so bad,it is sorta downhill all the way,and it's not so hellishly hot...the ride home sucks though,hot and the tiny bit of uphill feels like it's way steeper...

Loriented

🚲 yup,not getting much riding in aside from going back and forth to work,the trip in is not so bad,it is sorta downhill all the way,and it's not so hellishly hot...the ride home sucks though,hot and the tiny bit of uphill feels like it's way steeper...
WHAT? I thought it was ALWAYS up hill both ways and thru snow...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...yet another hot as balls day...calling for rain,but i've been fooled by that before...rain would make it almost tolerable outside...so that ain't happening...

cuttings to stick,grocery run,and of course trimming...that's the plan for the day...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: time to go out into the sun blasted hellscape...better pack some holy ro water to splash on the satanic photon demons...

at least it's not all day dumb noob questions today...yesterday was full of beginning growers with loads of questions somehow expecting diagnoses over the phone or in the shop...that was after a monday of mostly commercial growers so an odd mix of people who buy a bunch of stuff and people with a bunch of questions...

Latest posts

Latest posts