What's new

A few things that I've learned about growing in coco with a drip systm DTW

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
RIP Brother, very saddened to hear that you passed today. Another ICM family member gone. You were an excellent grower and thank you for keeping this thread together.

RIP Brother,
HGO

looking awesome as always HGO !!!!

but i noticed in your pics , your getting taco fans like i have been too , any idea whats causing it ?
i was thinking low humidity or low CO2 from lack of fresh air because of winter & pulling intake from in the house instead of outside air . :dunno:

View Image

WFAMFARMS

WFAMFARMS

The octobubbler seems to have only 8 outlets, so how is it used in applications with more than 8 plants? Is each unit placed on its own zone effectively creating 8 plants zones?

hob

Hey guys. I'm definitely going to run this sort of a system next time. I love Coco but have had enough of hand watering...

I could get some 1/2 inch tubing and a 105g/h pump pretty easily. I was thinking of using only the 1/2 tube to make a loop around my table and then using the same tubing to run feeding lines to my plants, then I was thinking of creating a drip ring with a T piece around the plant.

Do you think my pump is enough to handle that system for 8-9 plants in a 4x4 tent? or should i have smaller feed lines to my plants? I have never built a drip system before so I have no idea.

in metric system that would be 13mm tube and 400l/h pump

watts

ohms
Veteran
Hey guys. I'm definitely going to run this sort of a system next time. I love Coco but have had enough of hand watering...

I could get some 1/2 inch tubing and a 105g/h pump pretty easily. I was thinking of using only the 1/2 tube to make a loop around my table and then using the same tubing to run feeding lines to my plants, then I was thinking of creating a drip ring with a T piece around the plant.

Do you think my pump is enough to handle that system for 8-9 plants in a 4x4 tent? or should i have smaller feed lines to my plants? I have never built a drip system before so I have no idea.

in metric system that would be 13mm tube and 400l/h pump

1/4 feed lines would be best in my opinion.

Great post. Idk why I’m just seeing this. I’m a dummy when it comes to building and such. Next grow if I can’t get a auto feed system in place, I may go to soil... do yall suggest any easy/dummy proof system?? I can prolly build something but I need directions for every part lol

Aspenou812

Veteran
Great post. Idk why I’m just seeing this. I’m a dummy when it comes to building and such. Next grow if I can’t get a auto feed system in place, I may go to soil... do yall suggest any easy/dummy proof system?? I can prolly build something but I need directions for every part lol
Soil?? This is a COCO thread... DTW systems are easy all you need is a recycle timer with a photo cell and a pump and res... Done

Soil?? This is a COCO thread... DTW systems are easy all you need is a recycle timer with a photo cell and a pump and res... Done

“I MAY GO TO SOIL if I can’t figure out a auto feeding system” it helps when you FULLY read what was written.... who woulda thought.

Aspenou812

Veteran
“I MAY GO TO SOIL if I can’t figure out a auto feeding system” it helps when you FULLY read what was written.... who woulda thought.

Sorry I was busy watching my auto feed system kick ass... Feeding 15 plants 1/4 gallon in 15 seconds every 3 hours lights on.... What was that... And if you would have read I gave you the basics 3 elements of a drip system... And WAS about to send you plans and a shopping list.... Oops

Aspenou812

Veteran
A multi feed system is a must in coco a very simple DTW takes very little effort... Its the safest way to grow and production couldn't be better... If your not good with your hands look for premade kits... E bay and Amazon sell a tone of them to new growers... All you really need these days is a link to Flora Flex ... Building the perfect DIY systems can be daunting... Another thing.. HGO is a PRO And has no issue with small pots... He was one of the first growers to grow this way don't think for a second he didn't have one hell of a learning curve being among the first to pave the way... Listen make your pot selection and pot size selection so that you have room to Breathe Some... Look into root training pots and apply these methods also look into mixing your coco with Perlite and other substraights to lighten your Coco Taloring it to your environmental conditions pure coco works great in Arid Dry Conditions and not so great At sea level on the coast fighting high RH... Another thing to watch is ResTemps... 66 to 68 is perfect for your coco rootzone..

Bwanabud

A multi feed system is a must in coco a very simple DTW takes very little effort... Its the safest way to grow and production couldn't be better... If your not good with your hands look for premade kits... E bay and Amazon sell a tone of them to new growers... All you really need these days is a link to Flora Flex ... Building the perfect DIY systems can be daunting

No doubt, very simple to install and clean...just ordered another 175 gal. rez, setting another system up.

Aspenou812

Veteran
No doubt, very simple to install and clean...just ordered another 175 gal. rez, setting another system up.

I have a big ass res ordered too... A cone bottom tank... What type of tank do you have... 175 would be about right for my new room additions ... Ill be running 6 plants each in 6 trays under 8 hlg 600 V2 R-Spec lights with 35k btu of cooling and a quest dehu.. All singing a VPD Song Conducted by a TrolMaster...lol

Aspenou812

Veteran
Hi. I am a newbie and grows in coco. this is very helpful.

Good luck with your Grows... Stick to your research... Learning the plants takes time and patience... And remember you only get outta these plants what you put into them... There is no such thing as a Master Grower we should all be on a pathway of learning with the plants... Peace and Luck

Bwanabud

I have a big ass res ordered too... A cone bottom tank... What type of tank do you have... 175 would be about right for my new room additions ... Ill be running 6 plants each in 6 trays under 8 hlg 600 V2 R-Spec lights with 35k btu of cooling and a quest dehu.. All singing a VPD Song Conducted by a TrolMaster...lol

I use Peabody Prochem tanks, I like the ability to see the exact amount of available nutes in tank, flat top for pump applications, and pre-tapped with large NPT fittings....I have a bunch of them in different rooms. Super heavy duty and ship right to your door, they are out of Cali...but I buy them from USPlastics

picture.php

picture.php

Aspenou812

Veteran
I use Peabody Prochem tanks, I like the ability to see the exact amount of available nutes in tank, flat top for pump applications, and pre-tapped with large NPT fittings....I have a bunch of them in different rooms. Super heavy duty and ship right to your door, they are out of Cali...but I buy them from USPlastics

View Image

View Image

Thanks... I like it... May cancel my cone bottom from usplastics..