What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

91'chemdog

kro-magnon

Veteran
Beautiful pics, that's surprising to see so few amber trichomes at 12 weeks, I 'd have thought the flowers were more ripe at this time, but for me it looks like perfect ratio of milky and amber trichomes. It's crazy how close looking one of my Sowahh can be to those flowers, if I had a better way to take pictures I could show the resin in close-up as well.

I tried to quote a post of Neville where he talks about Diesel and JH, SSH,...but the quote from neville does not show, strange.You can read by clicking the arrow and read the post I quoted

Hey Kro,

I think I read that thread but perhaps you may have missed the part where he says the first he heard of diesel being used to market was in the Dam or something. So there was no definitive link to the diesel of the U.S scene.

Probably just another hybrid that put the right terps together by nature.

If DNA was done on the jack and SSH etc. and found to be similar to chem/diesel lines, that could be worth considering.

Dank_Linc

My Original Diesel S1 Feminized are what you want and I suggest.
Original Diesel clone reminds me of the first Skunk I ever smoked in 94 and the loudest Diesel from all well known clones I've grown or smoked.
Not cheap as they don't give alot of viable seeds so need to charge more , but I guarantee a winner or 3 from 1 pack of seeds.
Take pics as proof and if grown well and you assure me it's not the wall pentrating, tiny little bag in your pocket stink up the whole block shit il send you another pack.
Email me for info
You have my attention sir… did you say clones? Or seeds only?

Staten Island Chem s1s. I've been popping some of these every run saving a couple with plans to cross with different Africans at some point. Very consistent.
Nice, what kind of spectrum are you using on them? Looks like a bit more of the sativa side coming through. What's the effect like?

bloyd

Veteran
Nice, what kind of spectrum are you using on them? Looks like a bit more of the sativa side coming through. What's the effect like?
Definitely some type of sativa in the lineage. Small calyx, good stretch. My favorite aspect of sic is the mouth coating flavor and nice initial rush when smoked. Not near as narcotic as D, not as potent as 91.

Grown under warmish led w/uv and not a lot of it. Gets ugly if pushed. I'm planning to run some selected s1s and sic/sours under cmh over the winter.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Hey Kro,

I think I read that thread but perhaps you may have missed the part where he says the first he heard of diesel being used to market was in the Dam or something. So there was no definitive link to the diesel of the U.S scene.

Probably just another hybrid that put the right terps together by nature.

If DNA was done on the jack and SSH etc. and found to be similar to chem/diesel lines, that could be worth considering.
I didn't read the whole thread so missed that part in deed, I remember seeing a post from the 90's or 2000's where someone wrote he found a diesel smelling Jack Herrer. I am pretty sure there is 2 different Diesel lines, one from the USA and one from Holland, they both have a strong gasoline smell apparently but they are from totally different genetics.

Last edited:

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i've had a few more 91 crosses and compared them with my memory of the two times i've had legit skunkVA chem 91, and i think 91 and its crosses are gonna be my go- to for relaxing, daytime medication.

it seems (ignoring the differences in grow environments/ harvest time etc) individual ppls chemistry is heavily at play with chems.

some people think the 91 is the strongest smoke ever, from what i've seen. some like the d best. i've seen more than a handful of ppl say the 4 is their favorite.

the 4 and d crosses (like tres dawg and stardawg) are super amazing and give great head highs, especially the electric 4 leaning stuff, but the chem 91 for me is one of the best daytime medicinal stones. i don't get super high, i just get into a zone. and it lasts, and it fades without lethargy.

to me, there's an underlying chlorinated tap water smell and i wonder if that's what people call the "diesel" smell/ taste?... having smoked sour diesel and its relatives many times (east coaster around when it was first blowing up), and many different chems etc, i've never had weed that smelled or tasted anything remotely like what diesel gas smells like. so there's that individual chemistry thing... i HATE the smell of diesel trucks and typically love diesel/ chem strains.

Last edited:

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
im looking for hippy feet patchouli spice. no ceiling no tolerance. WHERE IS IT
chem 4?

i should point out that although some people report an electric, near- ceilingless high, others report couchlock.

i think harvest window might be at play, as well as individual user chemistry.

i've never had chem 4 on its own, but in a few crosses and from ppls description, i believe i find 4 heavy hybrids to be quite electric (buzzing) and very ceilingless, and tasty as fuck. like incense made for my tongue.

and paradoxically medicinal (relieving, stomach stuff and muscle pain etc. and i've heard ppl say the 4 is good for g.i. stuff so there's that)

Last edited:

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
Do u recall a thread called "Chemdog before chemdog" or something like that? Think a dude showed up with a chem plant from the South if I remember correctly and wasn't related to the sources we usually know.... Can't find back this thread...
did we figure this out???

kaneboy

Veteran
Chem 91 my cut
20241011_142105.jpg