What's new

4K DRO-OGRAPHY

Misturemike

HEADIEZ, veg was 3 weeks, took 12 days for roots to come through the bottoms from transplant. only once a day at until it pumps dry; depending on what time of week the water level varies depending on the rez volume. if the rez is all the way full it goes to the level of my overflow drains. house and garden nutes like to be run drier than normal, makes the plant "search" for nutrient. 1k's on light movers are nice. getting the timing right takes a little,

thecloset

Im also running ebb & flo with house and garden but my media is hydroton. Ive been watering 6 times a day and they seem to be doing pretty well on that. my question is how often you change your res?? This shit is so expensive I feel terrible pouring anything out. I have gotten away with not changing the res at all with some nutrient lines just keeping my ppm in check but im wondering what your experience has been with the house and garden? thanks in advance..

Misturemike

i change my res weekly until the the 3rd week of flower. start is 30 gallons up to 50 gallons through the veg and first two weeks of flower. then every two weeks but i mix 90 gallons a go. i do this because it calls for weekly increases in the PPM until the 3rd week of flower. so i have found my plants drink roughly 25-40 gals a week in veg. then about 40-45 a week in flower.

green_machine

Really nice setup mate, awesome canopy as well!

I'm thinking of having a go at HDF next seed run - is it as good as it looks?

Best for the rest,

green_machine :joint:

Misturemike

green-
HDF is one of my personal favorite strains, not only is it a ridiculous yielder, but it more of a clear sativa high than indica. HDF is killin garberville(this is the male if i remember correct) X mendocino hash plant / seattle big bud. 65 day flower. it also has this lovely trait of growing purple trichome heads although the buds are green, its beautiful to look at under magnification. tword the end of flower the buds turn nice pinks and purples too.:joint:

Misturemike

pug-
yes i have grown all of these strains before. HDF is by far the heaviest yielder, 2-3 lbs per 1k. next the Gromulan(grape pheno romulan)and mango kush, 2lb+ per 1k. and then of course OG 1-2 lb per 1k.

top work m8 ...i grew the hdf ..it fookin stunk great toke but i didnt find the holy grail in my packet... yours looks great and i see another table filling up so its gotta be worth while, drooling at set up...keep up the great work ..thx for sharing!

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Very Nice setup Mike.

Could you tell me what concentrations you're actually using during veg and flower (i.e how many ml's/gallon of everything)? Atleast at the beginning of veg and then the highest levels during flower. How about flushing?

I've been using the H&G coco a+b as well as some of the additives. Still trying to figure out my system. I was changing the reservoir every week but am curious to see what others do.

How do you like the coco-slabs? I've been using the coco-tek 8" pots and have liked them but am not totally sold on them.

Very nice and congrats.

pugnacious

pug-
yes i have grown all of these strains before. HDF is by far the heaviest yielder, 2-3 lbs per 1k. next the Gromulan(grape pheno romulan)and mango kush, 2lb+ per 1k. and then of course OG 1-2 lb per 1k.

Wow those are some huge weigh ins. How many plants are you averaging per 1kw?Do you know what type of OG kush that is? I've yet to run into any HDF clones at the club. And Ive heard mixed reviews on the yield capabilities on og.

But man, im bouncing around from coco to hydroton to rockwhool in my 4 x 8 flood table project. :bashhead:

Also I never heard of a nute line called Mr. Van De Zwaan.

Misturemike

pug-
nutes, van de zwaan is the company that makes house and garden nutrients if anyone else thought the same.
the OG is called triple og, and its a 3 time backcross from LA.
and i have never seen HDF at any club either, an old partner of mine worked for delta 9 labs in the dam, which is a associated company of t.h.seeds. he brought the hand picked beans back in late 07' been going strong ever since.:woohoo:
and i have 18 per 4x8 tray.:joint:

Misturemike

Roots-
i use H&G aqua flakes, and for me 1 ml of a+b=100ppm per gallon. i start cuttings in 250ppm. transplanters at 600, and work my way up 150 ppm a week until flower. then in flower i start 800 ppm then add 200ppms a week until week 3. then i raise 200ppms every two weeks until i reach 1500-1600ppm. i only PPM the fertilizer....i add stimulants full strength.

green_machine

green-
HDF is one of my personal favorite strains, not only is it a ridiculous yielder, but it more of a clear sativa high than indica. HDF is killin garberville(this is the male if i remember correct) X mendocino hash plant / seattle big bud. 65 day flower. it also has this lovely trait of growing purple trichome heads although the buds are green, its beautiful to look at under magnification. tword the end of flower the buds turn nice pinks and purples too.:joint:

Thanx for that informative reply Misturemike, much appreciated!

Definatly putting the HDF seeds on order.

green_machine :joint:

Misturemike

green-
very welcome! i would also suggest their M.K. ultra if your a fan of OG kush. it a really good one if i do say so myself! oh and brainstorm haze from delta 9 labs....also an amazing strain by the lesser known sis of TH seeds.

Misturemike

elevation
second off BRO, yes looks like bubbs, you are right, but is NOT. bubba doesn't smell and taste like lemons does it? and are the photos from a cell!? why would i lie about it, they are taken from a canon digi slr. they only allow you to uplaod 150kb files so i had to compress the images tough guy. oh and the two most recent posted photos when they were little guys, yes from a cell phone...every other one digi slr. I'm sorry that my grow and crappy pics bother you so much. if you wanted to use some constructive criticism sure, but being an a**hole for no reason, go smoke a pole.