What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

RobFromTX

RobFromTX

And remember they have 10 gallon shit hats over there too :D

1705689172833.jpeg

Last edited:

greyfader

are you stating here that ALL religious people are ignorant? or just lots of them ? :unsure:
no, i am not an atheist. i believe in the force that created this universe. i have tremendous respect for small congregations that practice fellowship and are self-supporting.

what i don't care for is large, organized churches that are basically either platforms for the politically motivated or financial intake machines. or both.

throughout human history, we have seen powerful political figures using religion to control the population.

the list is endless, from ancient man to today, the Egyptians, the Persians, the Romans, and then, in modern times, Hitler and Donald Trump. just to name a few.

the Catholic Church is a prime example but the phenomena is not restricted to them. i know of Baptist Super Churches with thousands of members who require you to show your tax returns to them to join. so that they can make sure you are tithing properly.

politics and the pulpit should be separate.

i think early man struggled to cope with the natural forces that were affecting their world. like storms, earthquakes, volcanos, tidal waves, wildfires, and anything else that threatened their tenuous hold on life.

and needed what sounded like rational explanations for cosmic events like comets and meteors, eclipses, and so on.

i think that in these early cultures, there were people who discovered that if they pretended to understand these forces and presented what sounded like rational explanations to the rest of the population they would enjoy an elevated status in society. this elevated status provided them with a better lifestyle than the average person. it gave them disproportionately greater power to manipulate others not only for the reasons of lifestyle mentioned above but also to further their dreams and ambitions of conquest and accumulating even more power. accumulation of power is an addiction that can never be satisfied.

I believe that religion was born from these factors. men wrote the religious documents, not gods. men pretending to be chosen by their god to spread and interpret the teachings of these documents.

religion to the common man is a coping tool as well. helping them cope with the stresses of life.

it is a way of using peer pressure to recruit new believers to perpetuate the belief system.

if it helps people cope, survive, and live in peace it is not a bad thing. it can be a force for good.

but what we see with large, organized religions is that it is perverted to achieve the objectives of a few powerful people at the expense of the poor, scared, and hungry.

if you attend a congregation for fellowship and comfort that is not a bad thing.

attending a church that is pursuing political or financial objectives and using religion to influence people to support these objectives is a bad thing.

most churches or temples or mosques, or synagogues are using the poor, scared, and hungry to support their agendas.

i find this to be extremely hypocritical.

i believe in nature and the force that created this incredibly profound universe we live in. i believe in doing good deeds and not hurting others.

i do not need another man interpreting what "god" says for me to practice being a good person.

i hope this clarifies my remark!

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What makes you think any of my news sources are American? Granted, most of the links I post are American media. Only because I vet the story first and then post the most centrist source that's accurate.

Unless I'm trying to get right wingers to actually read the story. Then I try and find an accurate source from the right wing information silo. Which is really, really, really hard to do most times.

greyfader

If you wanna know whats really going on you need to avoid american news sources chief. Faux news, cnn, theyre all liers
so you did drink the Trump kool-aid after all. and, you have such a subtle style. instead of just flashing everyone all at once by throwing the trenchcoat wide open you have been flashing us in slow motion, opening the coat a little more each day.

you're such a tease.!

you know, rob, being a "cowboy" is not what it used to be. the old stereotypic stoic cowboy image of a man's man, straight and narrow, is about gone.

these days, men who spend a lot of time with other men doing manly things are becoming highly suspicious, if you know what i mean.

i'm sure you saw "Brokebutt Mountain" and i know you remember the cowboy in "The Village People."

Last edited:

RobFromTX

so you did drink the Trump kool-aid after all. and, you have such a subtle style. instead of just flashing everyone all at once by throwing the trenchcoat wide open you have been flashing us in slow motion, opening the coat a little more each day.

your such a tease.!

you know, rob, being a "cowboy" is not what it used to be. the old stereotypic stoic cowboy image of a man's man, straight and narrow, is about gone.

these days, men who spend a lot of time with other men doing manly things are becoming highly suspicious, if you know what i mean.

i'm sure you saw "Brokebutt Mountain" and i know you remember the cowboy in "The Village People."

Off the meds again i see. A german making fun of gays. Inconvenient

Btw genius im not a trump fan. Thats just your tds talking 😜

Last edited: