What's new

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 22 45.8%

• Total voters

moose eater

i am wholeheartedly behind this concept.
i can't in conscience though accept your description of the two party system.
you have stated that corporate influence guides that system yet refuse to identify it as Fascism.
it is the uniparty pretending to write law and the two wings of the same warbird flapping their wings for personal benefit.
just end war.
Trump is not a politician as you well know, one of few that didn't get us into conflict while serving.
Where did I refuse to identify it as fascism?

And the corporate ownership of BOTH sides of the aisle in this Country is achieved through contributions directly to candidates (thanks to Citizens United; a Republican and Koch Bros effort with collusion on the SCOTUS) and the more traditional contributions to the 2 main parties' national orgs, where ear-marked contributions for specific candidates is supposed to be only through specific means, but both parties cheat on this, just as, in example, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (somewhat quietly) advocated for in numerous states when the DNC was rigging the game against Bernie in 2016... and skated on it as a matter of being a ('private club)', able to write their own rules, never mind that elections affect the entire Nation.

But strawman allegations such as my not having identified Mussolini's version of corporatism/fascism in all of this is not accurate at all. It's just a bit more candy-coated in the USA than in many second and third-world (more overtly/openly/bluntly) fascist countries.

Want to know a bit about who funds who and what?

www.opensecrets.org

Not sure of the up-to-date quality of running or management of this site, but it's one we relied on many years ago to see who was funding who.. and what.

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Late last year, America's 450 ICBM silos across five states began a major $96 billion overhaul - part of a nuclear modernization effort. The military as a whole is being modernized as war rages on in Eastern Europe and is set to possibly expand with the Biden administration 'green-lighting' Ukraine to strike inside Russia with US weapons. The conflict between Israel and Hamas is another concern, as well as instability in the South China Sea.

xtsho

It's amazing how some defend trump and try and minimize the crap he's done to people his entire life.

The Biden is worse nonsense is just that. Pure nonsense. Biden is a Saint compared to that scumbag donald trump who's been screwing people over his entire life. Three damn years of creeps like jim jordan and james comer holding hearings and they have come up with absolutely nothing on Joe Biden but plenty of dirt on those so called credible witnesses. It's been a pathetic thing to watch trumps comrades in the House and Senate turn into the campaign arm of donald trump.

Q: How can you tell when donald trump is lying?
A: Whenever he talks.

Yet for some reason, despite years of evidence of his lying, some just don't give a damn.
They don't care if he's a serial liar.
They don't care if he degrades women, the handicapped and those less fortunate than him.
They don't care if he stiffs small businesses and tells them "Take me to court".
They don't care that everything he does is for himself.
They don't care that he claims to be a great businessman yet half a dozen of his businesses have gone bankrupt.
They don't care that he sat and did nothing for hours while the Capital was under attack by a bunch of his lunatic followers.

trumps style of governing is similar to that of North Korea. Absolute loyalty to him not the country. It's sickening to see.

Oh, lets also not forget that he supported Hillary Clinton and not her Republican opponent when she ran for Senate. Amazing how good a con job he's done. I bet he spent millions on research for a couple years to analyze the best path to the White House. Racism and hate was apparently the path.

trumpclintons2.jpg

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran

The Deepfake Privilege? The Justice Department Makes Startling Claim To Withhold the Biden-Hur Audiotape​

by Tyler Durden
Sunday, Jun 02, 2024 - 09:50 AM
Authored by Jonathan Turley,
We have been discussing the dubious constitutional basis for President Joe Biden withholding the audio tapes of his interview with special counsel Robert Hur. I have previously written that the claim of privilege makes little sense when the transcript of the interview has already been released. It seems curious that Biden is claiming to be the president “who cannot be heard” in withholding the audio version.

It just got wackier as the Justice Department seeks to create a new type of “Deepfake privilege” that would effectively blow away all existing limits on the use of the privilege when it comes to audio or visual records of a president.
Multiple committees are investigating Biden for possible impeachment and conducting oversight on the handling of the investigation into his retention and mishandling of classified material over decades. Classified documents were found in various locations where Biden lived or worked, including his garage. The mishandling of classified material is uncontestable. Broken boxes, unprotected areas and lack of tracking are all obvious from the photos.
Biden made the situation even worse with a disastrous press conference in which he attacked Hur and misrepresented his findings.
Hur’s ultimate conclusion that Biden’s diminished cognitive abilities would undermine any prosecution left many dumbfounded. After all, the man who is too feeble to prosecute is not only running a superpower with a massive nuclear arsenal but running for reelection to add four more years in office.
From impeachment to oversight to the 25th Amendment (allowing the removal of a president for incapacities), there are ample reasons for Congress to demand information and evidence from the government on these questions. Congress is also interested in looking at repeated omissions for “inaudible” statements. Under this sweeping theory that Biden can legitimately withhold these recordings under executive privilege, any president could withhold any evidence of incapacity or criminality.
As previously explained, the claim that the audiotape but not the transcript remains privileged is hard to square with precedent or logic. However, now the Justice Department appears to be pivoting with a new claim with a late Friday filing. The filing obtained by Politico states that the audiotape must be withheld due to the risk that it could be altered by artificial intelligence and passed off as authentic in a deepfake release: “The passage of time and advancements in audio, artificial intelligence, and ‘deep fake’ technologies only amplify concerns about malicious manipulation of audio files.”
Consider the implications of that argument for a second. It would mean that any visual or audio recording of the President could be withheld due to the danger of digital or other manipulation. It would eviscerate any existing limits on privilege assertions.
It is also absurd since you could create such fake recordings using the transcript and Biden’s voice from countless interviews through AI programs. The Justice Department acknowledges that obvious logical disconnect by noting that the release would make any fake version more credible.
“To be sure, other raw material to create a deepfake of President Biden’s voice is already available, but release of the audio recording presents unique risks: if it were public knowledge that the audio recording has been released, it becomes easier for malicious actors to pass off an altered file as the true recording,.”
The filing is logically and legally absurd. It is also dangerous.
For a president who is already carefully insulated from questions and controlled in public appearances, the argument would allow staff to completely control any public or, more importantly, congressional review of his actual speech and discourse.
In seeking to prevent “malicious actors” from altering reality, the government is claiming the right to frame reality as an inherent constitutional prerogative.
The argument ignores that, if an audiotape is released, it is harder to pass off a fake as genuine. As it stands, actors can claim tapes as leaked or derived from other sources. In the absence of an official tape, such arguments can be difficult to refute.
The fact that this spurious argument is being made by Merrick Garland’s Justice Department is another disappointing sign that he has abandoned his pledge to remain apolitical in office. This litigation is clearly designed for one overriding purpose: to delay any release until after the election when it cannot harm the President.
It is the legal version of a deepfake — misrepresenting the law to mislead citizens into believing that they are better off with less information on the credibility and competence of their president.

moose eater

It's amazing how some defend trump and try and minimize the crap he's done to people his entire life.

The Biden is worse nonsense is just that. Pure nonsense. Biden is a Saint compared to that scumbag donald trump who's been screwing people over his entire life. Three damn years of creeps like jim jordan and james comer holding hearings and they have come up with absolutely nothing on Joe Biden but plenty of dirt on those so called credible witnesses. It's been a pathetic thing to watch trumps comrades in the House and Senate turn into the campaign arm of donald trump.

Yet for some reason, despite years of evidence of his lying, some just don't give a damn.
They don't care if he degrades women, the handicapped and those less fortunate than him.
They don't care if he stiffs small businesses and tells them "Take me to court".
They don't care that he claims to be a great businessman yet half a dozen of his businesses have gone bankrupt.
They don't care that he sat and did nothing for hours while the Capital was under attack by a bunch of his lunatic followers.

trumps style of governing is similar to that of North Korea. Absolute loyalty to him not the country. It's sickening to see.

Oh, lets also not forget that he supported Hillary Clinton and not her Republican opponent when she ran for Senate. Amazing how good a con job he's done. I bet he spent millions on research for a couple years to analyze the best path to the White House. Racism and hate was apparently the path.

View attachment 19012308
They're nearly ALL stuffed shirts and puppets, anymore, with a few exceptions. But Trump has been a chameleon of unusual deceit and proportion, notwithstanding Biden's ability to speak out both sides of his mouth lately re. Gaza.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
:jerkit:

View attachment 19012308
yeah, Orange Man Bad, he donated to democrats.

greyfader

because people had more money to spend.
only 'real piece of legislation'? gtfoh
please enlighten me with the complete list of trump's legislative accomplishments, you know, all of those bills that made it through Congress and became law.

i can't be truly insulted, by the way. i'm not wound that tight. i just laugh at your childish, pathetic attempts. i find you very entertaining, you remind me of 6th grade playground bullies, hey, four-eyes, dick breath, cunt lips, you know, base level 12 year old, immature name calling.

this is probably why you identify with trump so strongly, you both display prepubescent immaturity.

greyfader

or, maybe it's because of this;

Executive Summary. The tax overhaul signed into law by former President Donald Trump in 2017 cut the federal corporate income tax rate from 35 percent to 21 percent, but during the first five years it has been in effect, most profitable corporations paid considerably less than that.Feb 29, 2024

xtsho

:jerkit:

yeah, Orange Man Bad, he donated to democrats.

You seem to just ignore all of trumps transgressions. Like I said about some people. They don't care. It's like all the crap trump has done never happened. They just point fingers at everyone else. It's ridiculous. It's always the same old Biden did this nonsense.

PadawanWarrior

You seem to just ignore all of trumps transgressions. Like I said about some people. They don't care. It's like all the crap trump has done never happened. They just point fingers at everyone else. It's ridiculous. It's always the same old Biden did this nonsense.
Your right. I could care less that he paid money to a stripper to shut her up. Why would I. I care about the country not how mean Trump is. You call Trump a liar. How about Biden? He lies far more than Trump.

Lets see why it was better under Trump. To name a few:

The Economy
The Border
No Wars
Super Low Inflation
Good luck getting a morgage and buying a house now.

images (10).jpg

xtsho

That's a poor argument. And one that is naive to the world economy. The entire world is suffering from inflation it's not just an American issue because of Biden. In fact under Biden the rate of inflation has fallen faster in America than most countries. People had more money to spend in Timbuktu before the global economy had a meltdown. Only someone that doesn't understand the global economy would make such a grade school level comment.

Inflation peaked in June 2022 at 9.06%. It is currently at 3.36%. The target is 2%. If you want to know why people's money doesn't buy as much go ask the companies making record profits why they don't lower the cost of goods. trump gave them huge tax breaks and they raised prices for consumers. You probably believe in "Trickle Down."

I remember trump praising himself for the stock market breaking records. Well It's continuing to break records under Biden. Those of us that have a rudimentary knowledge of economics understand that a President is not the driving force behind the stock market.

Going by trumps criteria, Bidens doing a fantastic job with the DOW at a record 38,686.32. That's almost 10,000 since the day Biden was sworn in.

moose eater

Lots of attention into the stock market, yet it doesn't necessarily indicate what many often think it does.

audiohi

Veteran
you have stated that corporate influence guides that system yet refuse to identify it as Fascism.

really?

tell us more....

What Trump promised oil CEOs as he asked them to steer $1 billion to his campaign​

Donald Trump has pledged to scrap President Biden’s policies on electric vehicles and wind energy, as well as other initiatives opposed by the fossil fuel industry.​

You all are wealthy enough, he said, that you should raise $1 billion to return me to the White House.
Giving $1 billion would be a “deal,” Trump said, because of the taxation and regulation they would avoid thanks to him

xtsho

Lots of attention into the stock market, yet it doesn't necessarily indicate what many often think it does.

Oh I know that but that's all we heard from trump as the stock market went up. He praised himself over and over for it. I remember him saying it would crash if Biden became President but it's done the opposite. It's gone up more under Biden than it did under trump yet the same people that were giving trump credit are silent as it does even better under Biden.

I was pointing out the hypocrisy from the trump supporters. When the stock market went up under trump he was responsible. When it goes up under Biden he had nothing to do with it. A trump supporting friend of mine went on about how much his investments went up under trump. Awhile back I was talking to him and said his investments must be doing great under Biden since the DOW was at record highs. He said that Biden had nothing to do with it. So then I said trump had nothing to do with it either while he was President. He went on some rant about trumps policies blah blah blah. I just laughed and changed the subject.

trump supporters twist themselves up into a pretzel defending and praising that clown but at the same time the same metrics they used to praise trumps Presidency don't apply to anyone else.

greyfader

"trump supporters twist themselves up into a pretzel defending and praising that clown but at the same time the same metrics they used to praise trumps Presidency don't apply to anyone else."

amen!

xtsho

I know polls don't mean anything this far out. But trump touts them all the time when they make him look good. Now that they make Biden look better I thought I'd tout them.

moose eater

Oh I know that but that's all we heard from trump as the stock market went up. He praised himself over and over for it. I remember him saying it would crash if Biden became President but it's done the opposite. It's gone up more under Biden than it did under trump yet the same people that were giving trump credit are silent as it does even better under Biden.

I was pointing out the hypocrisy from the trump supporters. When the stock market went up under trump he was responsible. When it goes up under Biden he had nothing to do with it. A trump supporting friend of mine went on about how much his investments went up under trump. Awhile back I was talking to him and said his investments must be doing great under Biden since the DOW was at record highs. He said that Biden had nothing to do with it. So then I said trump had nothing to do with it either while he was President. He went on some rant about trumps policies blah blah blah. I just laughed and changed the subject.

trump supporters twist themselves up into a pretzel defending and praising that clown but at the same time the same metrics they used to praise trumps Presidency don't apply to anyone else.
Thanks.

Yes, many erroneously believe that:
a.) inflation and the stock markets are directly tied to the immediate administration. Though there might be some influences, as you've pointed out, it's not typically a direct correlation, and some influences, such as the strain COVID put on the economy worldwide, are just that, worldwide.

b.) that changes in social or economic situations and their effects are immediate, administration to administration, despite there often being a lag of up to years before the effect of policies resulting from an administration change really has any observable impact.

c. I think that partisans in general often live in a world of clearly visible double-standards where behaviors, performance, incidents, etc., are viewed through a different lens than they view 'the others' through. And yes, they can do impressive mental gymnastics trying in mere conversation to make sure no turds land on the lapels of their chosen candidate, whom ever that is at the time.

But the die-hard Trumper loyalists have set new limited in many of these things, including the ability to rewrite history or eclipse facts from reality. IN that regard, however, most of American voters seem to have what I refer to as 'political amnesia', and I've even heard this referenced recently among talking heads, in re. to Trump's convictions.

That phenomenon alone plays directly into people sometimes/often voting for those who have recently screwed their constituency; sometimes due to partisanism, sometimes due to a lackadaisical attitude toward politics and the expectations, including the mitigating self-talk that might include that "they're all crooks anyway," etc., etc.

Again, this attitude can be found in partisans' opinions or thoughts across the board as often as not. But in Trump's case there is definitely an up-tick in the group delusions that enable this self-talk of voluntary masochistic subservience and bullshit.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

(y) :cool:

Latest posts

Latest posts