What's new

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 22 45.8%

• Total voters

xtsho

trumporange1.png

greyfader

He was convicted of state charges so club fed isn't even an option. These were class E felonies. The lowest under New York law.

Anyone with a clean record would get probation in New York for these convictions. Now if he's convicted in some of the other cases he's facing this conviction could come into play during sentencing as an aggravating factor. Prior convictions can be used when determining sentence. Now that he's a felon he won't get the first time offender treatment if convicted in the future.
yep! i know they are state charges but every state has a similar institution. a place where they send non-violent white-collar crime type people.

a low security summer camp in the mountains or a farm somewhere.

but you're right about him getting probation. i think he will get some whopper fines though.

i had an uncle who married one of my mom's 8 sisters, long dead of natural causes, who was the police chief in a small southern town.

he got caught taking a bag full of bribe money in a FBI sting operation.

he got sent to Eglin AFB in florida. he had freedom to roam the base and use all the facilities just like an airman. slept in a barracks with no bars. he took his golf clubs with him. he was sentenced to 3 years but only did 18 months.

audiohi

Veteran
They could send trump to the same cushy jail that Michael Cohen was sent to by trumps own justice department for the same crimes that trump was just convicted of.

greyfader

this is an interesting conversation. George Conway's remarks are priceless!

"if you don't want to be convicted of falsifying business records don't falsify business records"

Cannavore

Veteran
Sincere question. Why Jill Stein and not Cornell West? Because the Greens are already on the ballot in most states?
I thought cornel dropped out tbh.

I can't vote either way so it don't matter. Closed primary in my state and I forgot to unregister as a dem.

moose eater

I thought cornel dropped out tbh.

I can't vote either way so it don't matter. Closed primary in my state and I forgot to unregister as a dem.
Sorry to read that.

As I understand it, a lot of the momentum for Jill Stein is due to the fact that the Greens are already on ballots in most of the US, and West would have an uphill battle reaching that necessity. Logistics that matter.

I didn't read or hear that West had dropped out, though I think that much of the narrower less-than-adventurous voter population would choke on either option unless the reality became more acute, which it might be on the verge of doing considering the dismal choices otherwise.

GenghisKush

I canvassed for Nader in 2000 in Michigan. I met Nader and shook his hand and asked him questions about science policy on Labor Day in Detroit. He thought I was trying to talk about energy policy, but I was asking about science policy.
I am disillusioned with the Green Party in the USA, whose strategy appears to be a top-down effort to qualify to receive "matching funds" from the Federal Election Commission. What I object to is that seems to me to be the entirety of electoral engagement of the Green Party. I see no effort by anyone, Stein or Nader or anyone, to build any sort of grassroots party with members elected to local or state office or national office, other than POTUS. This is my impression based on my experience, and not necessarily a well-informed criticism of GP.

moose eater

We've had Greens run for office in Alaska and years ago some won their contests.

Greens right now offer a far more reasonable and citizen/domestic/national-oriented solution than either of the 2 primary corporate hacks.

Jim Sykes is one in particular, and he helped (was actually THE founder) to form the Greens in Alaska and won ballot access via litigation using previously established case law, set in motion by later-murdered Joe Vogler and his Alaskan Independence Party (*See 'Manfred West', a cartoon sketch artist and the doer in Vogler's death) ...

Jim and I worked together gathering signatures for the first SB21 oil referendum in (I think) about 2013.

The Greens, of all parties, recognize the fact that any real changes start small and work their way up. And grass roots acceptance and momentum HAS to start locally.... by definition. Known faces from people with integrity matters... And Jim has -very- stout integrity

Last edited:

moose eater

That should make a dent in his lawyers fee's. trump thanks maga for paying his bills.
When Representative Don Young was being investigated by the Feds for corruption, back during the stream of such investigations in or around 2006, he spent approximately $500,000 in campaign funds pre-emptively, on attorneys. He hadn't even been indicted or charged.

The question arose as to whether or not he could -legally- use campaign chest money for legal fees. The answer was that he probably couldn't, so they set up separate fund sites to receive any legal fee gifts.

And this wouldn't be the first time that Donnie got bad legal guidance.

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
That should make a dent in his lawyers fee's. trump thanks maga for paying his bills.
That amount was within the first few hours after the verdict, it is well over $50MM after 24 hours.
gloating isn't a good look, but was expected from the residents of this thread.
your ribbons and your bows don't make a soul.
and indications of popularity between Trump and sniffer-in-chief shown by the rallies are reflected in the poll.
if this is a cult, it is a very effective and prolific and one might want to consider why.
the damage done to jurisprudence alone will be unrecoverable, and the precedent set opens avenues for prosecution of the several previous heads of state.

have a nice weekend.

Latest posts

Latest posts