What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

12x Don King

Porky82

fact this fact that blah blah blah...
I have never needed a dehumidifier in any location.
If I hear you like that, you can't grow plants outside with those facts 🤣

When nature contradicts science, nature is always right Justus fom Liebig

Week 7 day 3 we are counting down
Only water through the dishes
They got 2 weeks left at least. You going to chop them already??

Sativied

Veteran
Light intensity is not the cause of bud rot. It's always around. It just needs the proper environment to reproduce.
Funny combi of sentences considering the fact light intensity (of specific parts of the spectrum) is very much part of that proper environment. Even photoperiod has an influence. And the reason botrytis is a bigger risk in a packed space is the canopy absorbs most of the red, creating a decreased red/FR ratio which is perfect for botrytis. These are well-documented well-researched verifiable facts. If you want to have a discussion about botrytis and need help with that, start a thread - why still try to tell Chuck Norris how to break a match stick... wrong tree man, wrong tree.

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
Are you still experiencing condensation on/in the bud from dropping temps at night?

I'm not saying you can't grow in your environmental conditions, but the product can result in boytris(which is stated you have. This is progressive; either way, reducing light levels under recommended power to deal with the lower temps minimizes the amount of nuit/water intake, resulting in less yield. Slightly higher feeds and less irrigation if you can't manage to increase the temps. It's possible to finish and be smokable if you remove every spot of boytris in the affected bud...Stuff travels, and the spores will infect plants that haven't been affected.

To avoid Contaminating, I use a Merv13 20"x20"x1", which fits diagonally in a sheet metal box with a 6' flange on both sides to connect the vents, which filters my intake. These are available from many places or any reasonably sized intake filter. That will help with not adding possible contaminants. I also try to adhere to a proper VPD as much as possible during various growth periods.

The biggest issue is the high humidity. You are not springing for a dehuy. Again, there are issues to be addressed: More Circulation and cleaning out the unders that only produce larf will increase the airflow under the canopy where problems can be problematic.

Last edited:

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
And the reason botrytis is a bigger risk in a packed space is the canopy absorbs most of the red, creating a decreased red/FR ratio which is perfect for botrytis
This thread below is dedicated to getting the most quality out of your LEDs

LED and BUD QUALITY

While Far Red has been mentioned for its positive effects, it has never had a widespread issue from Boytrsis. Many experienced growers, DIYers, and manufacturers support added red/far red. Newer LED lights are increasing Far Red and UV, and positive results are being seen. Mostly in terp production

Peace joe

Last edited:

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
And the reason botrytis is a bigger risk in a packed space is the canopy absorbs most of the red, creating a decreased red/FR ratio which is perfect for botrytis.

Can you supply a research paper showing that far red contributes to boytris? Personal experience is very subjective.

I'd be happy to read and inform myself if the paper comes to that conclusion. Nice if is collaborated by other researchers.

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
Never did I say plants can't be grown in those conditions.

I see you have grown. Bud rot is an environmental thing. A set of conditions that promote it getting a foothold in your garden. Not light intensity. And till you get that through your head, the better grower you will become. Seeing as you have it now, you will harvest tainted buds, and they're not even done yet. And no steps have been taken to rectify the conditions.

Please continue; that is what got you where you are.
Good luck

Last edited:

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
Great looking grow, love the plants..

Yep, they look good and have a proper look. You(PH) stated that they have botrytis (the picture doesn't show it, but the gardener can). Even in the early stages, it's much more apparent when it takes hold.

Maybe there is some mold here. I feel you haven't even attempted to address it, and you are very willing to accept the outcome you're dealt with. More power to you.

Based on what I see, the plant seems to have some reflective or shiny areas that might look similar to mold in the lighting, but it’s unclear enough to confirm mold presence. Mold usually becomes problematic in environments with excess humidity, especially in the flowering stage.

Yep. Outdoor plants thrive in many conditions...depending on their genetic makeup.

PH donner

I assure you, there is no mold in the buds. Everything is mold free! Mold can appear if I increase the light pressure (80%) which happened in a previous run.

Agree that genetics are decisive, but do not underestimate health and vitality. The low Ec (no burnt leaf tips) also helps IMO.

Porky82

I assure you, there is no mold in the buds. Everything is mold free! Mold can appear if I increase the light pressure (80%) which happened in a previous run.

Agree that genetics are decisive, but do not underestimate health and vitality. The low Ec (no burnt leaf tips) also helps IMO.
What EC are you feeding them mate?

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
I thoght you stated you had mold. So my prior posts have little meaning. Now after rereading I see that you say light pressure(withLEDs) can result in mold with the plant your growing. Can you quantify what 80% is in PPFD/PAR

PH donner

I will never give an Ec of 1.2 again. @Porky82 When it comes to Ec, my rule is Less =More

Sure @growsjoe1

Attachments

• IMG_0635.png
    IMG_0635.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 19

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
That's 80% dimmed, but you are pushing the plants pretty hard(great spread, by the way). Most of the grid reached 800+, with 800PPFD, which is sort of the guideline for flowers. It will be even less as the plants finish. At least, that is the consensus, and I push them a bit if they show they can handle it, and all my ducks are in a row.

I've been critical to this point and for not reading the whole thread. You think I'd have that aspect down by now. Please forgive. It's your grow, and it looks to be on track to a good harvest.

PH donner

Today 8 weeks 12/12.

After losing their support, the tribes broke.
Will post the plant average.

Thank you all for your feedback

Attachments

• IMG_3016.jpeg
    IMG_3016.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3011.jpeg
    IMG_3011.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3007.jpeg
    IMG_3007.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3001.jpeg
    IMG_3001.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 22

Rohstein

Hey ph donner heel erg leuk je hier gevonden te hebben en ben erg benieuwd je verslagen weer te gaan volgen heb altijd op het oude wf meegekeken en kwam via Google hierop terecht