What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

11 Reasons Why You Should Drink Coffee Every Day

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

it's 3am & that pot makes 2 tall cups, but as previously mentioned I have no problem laying down to sleep w/a caffeine buzz on.

H

HaHaHashish

I have no problem laying down to sleep w/a caffeine buzz on.

Me too. I remember a few years ago when I only drank one coffee per day (first thing in the morning) that I would be amazed hearing people say they could drink an espresso and then go straight to sleep because the one I drank really gave me a boost.
Now I can do the same, have an espresso and then have a siesta an hour or less later. But every few days I still only drink just the one double espresso in the morning, other days I have a maximum of 3 double espressos....the fourth one really puts me into the negative sides of caffeine with none of the positives, for example feeling a bit odd, not jittery as such, more of a feeling you would get after a giant picked you up and shook you hard for 20 seconds,.

About 2 doubles per day, one before breakfast and the other an hour after is the perfect amount of caffeine for me. If I notice the caffeine buzz then I've had too many and/or the coffee was too strong.

What's your perfect number of coffees per day that makes you greet the day being slightly more alert, relaxed and with positive energy without going 90mph?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I usually brew w/an Italian stovetop espresso maker, dbl strength of course, I pack the little hopper hard, I'll have 4-8 cups per day that way.

I like brewing 'breakfast' blends in that brewer, the lighter the roast the higher the caffeine content, 6 dbl cups of that brew usually makes my chest ache a bit.......

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
When I was about 20, Dexies were the big thing. They were nothing but caffeine and would make the top of your head tingle. I remember seeing Christmas trees, black beauties and all other types in a health magazine, so I ordered a case of the trees and beauties not thinking I'd get anything. I think it was $25 a case of 12 jars with 500 pills in each. I had totally forgot about the order until I got a slip from the post office telling me I had a package. I showed up and two big boxes were waiting for me. A green Customs sticker was on both boxes with "Caffeine" listed as the content. The christmas trees were selling for 1.50 each in bars and was popular with truck drivers. Black beauties were identical in content and sole for 2.50 each. I unloaded the two boxes for 5k. that was a $4950 profit for doing sweet fuck all. I ordered 10 cases the next day "rush delivery". Knowing it would take about a month to get the order, I decided to drive to Mesena NY to pick up a few boxes while I waited for mine to come in. Pink hearts were really popular. lol. Some weeks I'd sell 5 cases. $2500 a pop. For caffeine pills! I sold them for about three years, and had customers in every warehouse in town. Not bad for selling something people thought was illegal, but wasn't. lol.

When a friend with Satan's Choice told me he wanted to buy all my supplies, I bowed out and gave him the skinny because selling them stuff meant you owed them a favor. It's way better for them to owe you a favor, then the other way around. lol

(hum... I wonder if dexies would sell again. lol)

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
50% minimum caffeine content by weight, green tea extract. 3 cups with 150mg each and you will NOT be slipping peacefully off to sleep. Lol You'll be wired for a day or two. Coffee is acidic, lowering your oxygen processing. By the time the lift from coffee caffeine fades you're more tired than when you started. This is why it's easy to slip off to sleep. Acidity is bad for your health, unfortunately.

Love my coffee, but I use Green Tea Extract for caffeine and coffee for a cup of flavor now. Damn I make killer espresso! lol ;)

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
This isn't one of the 11 reasons you should drink coffee,
but after being in the big city last week and stopping in a snooty coffee shop, this made me laugh...

Attachments

• barista.jpg
    barista.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 16

Green Squall

I went 8 days without my one cup a day and surprisingly had withdrawals. Mostly brain fog, headache, tiredness and a little anxiety. I had a cup today and all of those symptoms lifted. Looking forward to tomorrow morning:biggrin:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

FRACK!!! made a cup of coffee, poured in the 1/2 n' 1/2 and took a sip :puke: that cream had gone south, it expired today but was fine yesterday, plus it didn't curdle on the surface of the coffee at all, stirred in just fine, taste just nasty.

N

noyd666

having a cup of coffee righty now. caramel latte of all things , smooth anyway.

Latest posts

Latest posts