What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Starlite LED / Flip Chip Opto - 2400 WATTS OF LED POWER! (Duet/Apollo/Luna)

URSA LED

Vendor
BROCHURE: Download Grow Brochure (April Version, PDF)

- VIEW OUR GROWER'S RESULTS -
KRUNCHBUBBLE - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=325694
KRUNCHBUBBLE - https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=68644
KRUNCHBUBBLE - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330640
and search for our end user grows on instagram #starlite_led

Company Introduction
STARLITE LED is a fixture manufacturer of LED lights, ranging from general lighting all the way into the horticulture market. We specialize in only high powered "single source" LED lights that range from 100 watts all the way to 2400 watts on a single chip-on-board solution. So, what is a "single source" LED light engine? Instead of having those LED diodes spaced out in a light panel, what we did is compacted all those LED diodes into a small area, allowing a blast of high powered LED Lights that offer high penetration in a small area. We then manufactured very efficient boro-silicate glass lens that go over the LED engine, allowing even coverage spread at distances. We are the only company in the world that can manufacture LED single source light engines from 600 watts and higher, due to the patented technology our company owns.
Our fixture is specially designed for maximum heat dissipation. Our fin bonding technology that extends from the core, is another patented technology, which removes all air gaps between the fin and the core. What this means is you are getting maximum dissipation of heat, and there is no other way you can increase the efficiency of it. We use over 800 pounds of force to bond each fin to the core.

Product Line
We currently carry the Helios GT product line, that ranges from 100 watts all the way to 1200 watts of power. This would depend on the type of grow setting you have, whether it is a small closet grow, or a greenhouse commercial building, we are able to cater to all. With high ceiling heights, the Helios 1200 would provide sufficient lighting as both a supplemental light, and as a primary grow light; it all depends on how far you would like to keep the fixture from your canopy. We find that the Helios GT 320 is the sweet spot, allowing a decent 2FT by 2FT coverage at maximum PPFD of 1200 at 12" from canopy without any light burn due to the efficiency of the heatsink core and the even spread of light from the glass lens.

--------> 80NM RED LIGHT <--------
Starlite LED does not use RED LED CHIPS like all the other companies out there. We only use our own BLUE manufactured LED chips from Flip Chip Opto, and then convert our spectrum through highly efficient phosphor that produces 80NM of red spectrum, from 630NM to 720NM and peaks at 660NM. Current market LED fixtures use RED LED CHIPS that provide 25NM coverage, as compared to STARLITE LED's broad 80NM. Throughout our research, we find that this red spectrum provides the fullest, in quality and yield for flowering production. Additionally, we find that our 80NM red spectrum provides incredible strength in nodule and stem tensity. Furthermore, we have evidence that shows stretching is reduced, which allows higher vertical yield production.

Current Promotions:
AMAZON: ADDITIONAL 15% OFF SALE PRICE FREE 1 OR 2 DAY SHIPPING WITH PRIME
USE CODE: FORUMOFF
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EXUBSHQ
https://www.amazon.com/Helios-GT-32...&qid=1471307228&sr=8-1&keywords=helios+gt+320

Last edited by a moderator:

URSA LED

Vendor
Duet 60 @ 100 WATTS FIXTURE

hempcon.jpg

studioqualityduet60.png

20160120_154242.jpg

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
We have a diverse group of growers here. Some are more like me, some are less like me. Our end products are similar so I watch for methods that are more convenient to my personal lifestyle.

One grower came to mind as I read this thread. Pet Flora has been around forever and our actual methods are somewhat similar but our attitudes on gardening are each our own.

He came to mind due to his incessant warning against blue/red LEDs and how they do not promote best growth or even second best.
This worry was a waste of time in my opinion, who does not know that two bands, red and blue, are simply not sufficient for healthy plants, marijuana or lettuce or turnips, more spectrum is needed other than what chlorophyll uses.
We do not smoke chlorophyll, the chemicals we smoke are created with violets, actinic blue, orange, and deep red/far red combo's.

But here we are, an expensive powerful LED light with only two bands being sold as a stand alone growing light.
Cute unit with the yin yang emitter design and all, but the science is not there. For good sustained healthy growth nearly an equal amount of wattage in the missing spectrum would be needed.

Like premade spaghetti sauce with only basil and oregano, both in huge quantities, it would be difficult to bring balance to the sauce.

Skip

Veteran
Phaeton, I read that in addition to red/blue they have white, which you don't even mention here, so are you just trolling or didn't you read the specs?

Petflora said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quality white spectrum diodes have been available for ~ 2 years. They alone are 'full spectrum'[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DUET 250
Duet 250 uses a fixed ratio (1:1, 1:2, 1:4,1:8, 1:12) of WHITE, BLUE, or RED.
You can either choose a configuration of WHITE/RED or BLUE/RED.
[/FONT]
And this looks "violet" to me... (blue & red = purple/violet)
20160114_130742.jpg

I remind all members that unless you have questions, are actually interested in purchasing these lights, or you have them already and want to post a review, you have no biz posting in this thread.

Last edited:
M

mugenbao

We will be at Hempcon this weekend showcasing our product line
Would love to be there, too bad I have to miss out.

Would really love to see some examples of the Luna series running also, what I've seen so far looks intriguing.

Dion

1) what driver would we need to run each colour independently?how would we connect it? does each colour have a separate connection point
2) are the 'reds' all 660nm?
3) obviously the white and red is the only spectrum of interest to those who have used/researched led for growing plants so what is the ratio of red to white in those chips?
4) what is the retail price and where can we buy them?
5)if this is not a thread for discussing this product does it mean if we have nothing good to say we should just say nothing?

interesting ..I have been wanting to try a led unit ..the technology is advancing so fast by the time I get one it will be outdated tho...gonna do some research ...

scarecrow33

Veteran
1) what driver would we need to run each colour independently?how would we connect it? does each colour have a separate connection point
2) are the 'reds' all 660nm?
3) obviously the white and red is the only spectrum of interest to those who have used/researched led for growing plants so what is the ratio of red to white in those chips?
4) what is the retail price and where can we buy them?
5)if this is not a thread for discussing this product does it mean if we have nothing good to say we should just say nothing?

and...
6)what about the PAR reading

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
my only questions are where to buy and how much are these cobs?

you obviously are filling a market that is in need , and have a product up to 24x more powerful than anything else out there, but if these thing cant compete with a $/watt of the hps/mh standards, I will continue to wait to build my own led fixtures.

my current lighting costs .25 per watt or .00138 per lumen

Skip

Veteran
where and how much this thing looks cool.
Here's their company info.
USA Headquarters
48668 Milmont Drive
Fremont, CA 94538 USA
Tel: +1 (510) 687-1128
Tel: +1 (800) 766-6097

You can click on their banner above to go to their website.

They're probably looking for distributors, but contact them and find out where they retail and let us know! :)

belivitez

It's sad that many of the questions isn't answered.... whay this disscusion stoped? @Alex Lau, we want to know more about those mega chips :tiphat:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We have a diverse group of growers here. Some are more like me, some are less like me. Our end products are similar so I watch for methods that are more convenient to my personal lifestyle.

One grower came to mind as I read this thread. Pet Flora has been around forever and our actual methods are somewhat similar but our attitudes on gardening are each our own.

He came to mind due to his incessant warning against blue/red LEDs and how they do not promote best growth or even second best.
This worry was a waste of time in my opinion, who does not know that two bands, red and blue, are simply not sufficient for healthy plants, marijuana or lettuce or turnips, more spectrum is needed other than what chlorophyll uses.
We do not smoke chlorophyll, the chemicals we smoke are created with violets, actinic blue, orange, and deep red/far red combo's.

But here we are, an expensive powerful LED light with only two bands being sold as a stand alone growing light.
Cute unit with the yin yang emitter design and all, but the science is not there. For good sustained healthy growth nearly an equal amount of wattage in the missing spectrum would be needed.

Like premade spaghetti sauce with only basil and oregano, both in huge quantities, it would be difficult to bring balance to the sauce.

Hey P, to ask "who does not know that two bands, red and blue, are simply not sufficient for healthy plants," shocks me as noobs continue to buy MARs type r/b panels. AND, many commercial ops growing food plants are using r/b instead of white based. I got banned from Grass City for continuing to point this out where MARs is a big advertiser

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran

delete-- double post

REALPOTency

Veteran
definitely, this product need more I than D
i think and hope that soon osram,philips or cree,
good lighting companies ,develop their photosintetic led, full spectrum,
something similar to the sont-agro bulb to understand
regards

Latest posts

Latest posts