What's new

Diary Goji Grow

buzzmobile

Veteran
Do you ever have issues with powdery mildew or such when it's warm and humid?
I have not had a problem with PM. I removed one plant from the grow when it showed the first sign. The fans keep the air moving and humidity rarely gets above 65% even in the moistest of hot days.

the sump float switch didnt trigger, was it just stuck or do u need a new one?
The float just got stuck. The float is donut shaped and slides up and down on a center support. The float is left of the D in DRUMMOND below. I have a backup sump pump the works with a free floating switch. The sump is not deep enough for that type of float to work properly, but in a pinch it will work.
1710498999407.jpeg

The worst flooding happens in the winter which is usually rainy and the trees are leafless and the grass is dormant. The pump that came with the house was old and when it failed the water came in and rose to the middle of my shins. Plants were actually floating that morning. That was a bad start to my day.
You could grow some Salvia divinorum too in your grow room.
LOL! Yes I could. There is still a pack of 5X Salvia in a stash box here someplace. I'm thinking of starting some boutique underground-grown watercress.

20240315_070859.jpg

buzzmobile

Veteran
The four seedlings I put in the flower room to sex were at the back of the room which is the high side. The water did not get close to them. They are back in the veg room so I am keeping an eye out for pre-flowers.

The two Satoris are on the left. Kosher Kush is next and Bomb Lemon Diesel is on the right. Once the water level drops I will treat the algae and then pressure wash the floors for the summer season.
20240312_084238.jpg

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I have not had a problem with PM. I removed one plant from the grow when it showed the first sign. The fans keep the air moving and humidity rarely gets above 65% even in the moistest of hot days.

The float just got stuck. The float is donut shaped and slides up and down on a center support. The float is left of the D in DRUMMOND below. I have a backup sump pump the works with a free floating switch. The sump is not deep enough for that type of float to work properly, but in a pinch it will work.
View attachment 18973525

The worst flooding happens in the winter which is usually rainy and the trees are leafless and the grass is dormant. The pump that came with the house was old and when it failed the water came in and rose to the middle of my shins. Plants were actually floating that morning. That was a bad start to my day.

LOL! Yes I could. There is still a pack of 5X Salvia in a stash box here someplace. I'm thinking of starting some boutique underground-grown watercress.

View attachment 18973538
Worked in a garden center once which had huge Salvia divinorum plants growing. They also Khat plants for sale. Told them why not selling Coca plants too. Not so difficult to grow.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Oh dang, if the water was 6 inches deep and ur plants were floating, yeah thats no bueno. But sounds like u got everything fixed and cleaned up a bit and pressure washing the floors/disinfecting them will make everything right as rain. That's a decent amount of work tho, seems like there's always something to do even though youre supposed to be retired. I guess ur basically living a farmer's life, have to maintain a lot of land and the equipment needed to make the job easier.

All the plants look in perfect health so ur not letting any issues affect the harvest, so that's good.
I believe coca plants just look like a regular old bush, and you dont need more than a big bush or 2 to make a good amount of yayo. Maybe in the future everyone will have a coca bush or three in their yard. Do they grow well in more temperate climes? I think theyre grown in higher elevations so they should tolerate cooler temps well.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Worked in a garden center once
We share a common "worked in once". Details to follow.
Oh dang, if the water was 6 inches deep and ur plants were floating, yeah thats no bueno.
There were several different floods down there. The latest was not bad compared to what has happened before. Then there are the snakes that @mexcurandero420 keeps asking me to send him.

I'll be back in a few hours with some pictures I took downstairs today. From transplanting to harvest we got you covered.
:D

buzzmobile

Veteran
Worked in a garden center once which had huge Salvia divinorum plants growing.
I quit my job working in a Face Factory as a portrait photographer for Olan Mills to take a job at the garden center across the road from our studio. It was a family owned business and Mr. Green Thumb was well known and highly regarded in the community. His son took over the business end of the garden and things started going south.

One day I saw a job opening at Thomas Edison's garden. That job was a very good one. I got to fish the early mornings before and after work hours, and then make sure Tom's garden looked good for the tourists.
Oh dang, if the water was 6 inches deep and ur plants were floating, yeah thats no bueno.
The plants were floating when the water was about 14" deep one winter. I put styrofoam pads under the plants to insulate the roots in the cold months. Some of the pads with smaller plants on them were floating in the veg room. The flower room plants were heavy and they just soaked in the water overnight. They all survived once they dried out.
I believe coca plants just look like a regular old bush, and you dont need more than a big bush or 2 to make a good amount of yayo. Maybe in the future everyone will have a coca bush or three in their yard. Do they grow well in more temperate climes? I think theyre grown in higher elevations so they should tolerate cooler temps well.
The DEA has all the information you need about growing coca.
Ask Google about :

February 1991
Coca Cultivation and Cocaine Processing: An Overview

As an official old guy I have left the paste, powder, and base way far behind in the memory bank.

I transplanted a Sunshine Daydream clone yesterday. 2" to 4" pot now and eventually transplant into a 3 gallon pot for flowering.

I moisten the dry ProMix and stir the water in with a handy little tool that came with the seed poppers. Once the medium is evenly moist I hollow out a spot in the center to receive the clone.

20240315_095911.jpg

I moisten the clone medium to help it slide out of the 2" pot.
20240315_100107.jpg

I support the clone with my spread hand and turn it over. With a sharp tap or three on the bottom the rooted clone will slide out into my hand.
20240315_100131.jpg

Then I press the rooted plug into the pre-formed hollow in the 4" pot. I plant the clone deep in the pot.
20240315_100218.jpg

Once the clone is snugly embedded in the medium I add more mix to just below the first set of leaves.
20240315_100340.jpg

Don't forget the label.
;)

That clone is a stem cutting. I cut a lower branch from the mother and used the tip cutting and a couple stem cuts to root. In case anyone wondered.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
What would Mex do with the snakes if you sent them to him? Pets or food? I havent nothing against reptiles but they dont seem like the most fun pets, i need something to cuddle.

Coca is a good topical anaesthetic so i could see it being used in cough lozenges.

So the plants got a good watering from the flood? Haha it's like an unintentional ebb and flow system, you probably didnt have to water them for a few days.
What are the genetics of a sunshine daydream? The SSDD almost made me think of super silver diesel haze, that was a popular cross around 10-12 years ago i think...

buzzmobile

Veteran
Take 2 & have fun for 4 🍻
"Take a lot. Take two."
---Dad

So here are two pictures of yesterday's Soulmate harvest. She was a long armed long legged lady.
resize.jpg

She looks better when she's hanging around.
1710759677865.jpeg

I have a few plants in flower that need trimming today. The field is looking ragged and it needs mowing. That will be for another day.

I am in the process of seducing my wife this morning. I'm sensing that she is about to fall victim to my charm.

I owe it all to ALLENBURYS.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
"Take a lot. Take two."
---Dad

So here are two pictures of yesterday's Soulmate harvest. She was a long armed long legged lady.
View attachment 18974950

She looks better when she's hanging around.
View attachment 18974954

I have a few plants in flower that need trimming today. The field is looking ragged and it needs mowing. That will be for another day.

I am in the process of seducing my wife this morning. I'm sensing that she is about to fall victim to my charm.

I owe it all to ALLENBURYS.

Seducing your wife you say. Look what happened.🙄🍗
Peking-Duck-2~2.jpeg