What's new

Diary Goji Grow

LndRcLvr

I scrolled through another journal I have going on another site. I came upon this photo from February 2023. When I was downstairs yesterday I took a look around to see if it was shedding season.
View attachment 18963762

I have had an assortment of critters show up down there. I started growing in the basement June 2002.
There's a light rain falling this morning. It is good because I put out some fertilizer for the pecan trees and shrubs around the yard during the last 2 days.

I found another critter in my photo stash.
View attachment 18963804
i mean at lot of people hate living in the UK, but knowing i'm not going to run into one of these is enough to keep me satisfied.

buzzmobile

Veteran
i mean at lot of people hate living in the UK, but knowing i'm not going to run into one of these is enough to keep me satisfied.
I don't fear snakes, but I do not like surprises either. ;) Around this time of year is when they show up to shed their skin.

I have had an eastern diamondback rattlesnake surprise in an outside closet one day. Another encounter with one was triggered by one of our cats. She was looking at something and being very careful about it. When I went out to see what it was it was a rattlesnake.

Thanks for stopping by the grow. We visited my brother when he was stationed near Newquay. We drove up to St. Andrews and spent some time near there. It was a wonderful trip and I got to see the North Sea and play the Old Course.

LndRcLvr

You drove the length of the UK? that's quite a drive for us Brits! Scotland is an amazing place. The lochs and Highlands are quite a site. Happy growing 💗

buzzmobile

Veteran
You drove the length of the UK? that's quite a drive for us Brits! Scotland is an amazing place. The lochs and Highlands are quite a site. Happy growing 💗
Yes we drove the length of the UK which is a little farther than driving the length of Florida. ;) We stayed in Cupar in Scotland and I agree that it is an amazing country. My wife and I took the train up to Aberdeen for the day and the Maritime Museum there was very interesting.

I spent some time trimming the overgrown girls in the veg room yesterday.
20240307_161202.jpg

1709898729586.jpeg

1709898765981.jpeg

The clones are holding their own
1709898804371.jpeg

Next door in the flower room I took some shots from the back corners.
1709898905096.jpeg

1709898941243.jpeg

I messed around with a new phone's camera. The star below is the Bomb Lemon Diesel.

20240307_161230.jpg

I don't remember the flavor of the bud below. It is frosty.
20240307_161416.jpg

Third week of flowering.
20240307_161503.jpg

Happy Friday, Ya'll. It's Pizza Day again.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I don't fear snakes, but I do not like surprises either. ;) Around this time of year is when they show up to shed their skin.

I have had an eastern diamondback rattlesnake surprise in an outside closet one day. Another encounter with one was triggered by one of our cats. She was looking at something and being very careful about it. When I went out to see what it was it was a rattlesnake.

Thanks for stopping by the grow. We visited my brother when he was stationed near Newquay. We drove up to St. Andrews and spent some time near there. It was a wonderful trip and I got to see the North Sea and play the Old Course.
We don't have snakes around here, only crazy seagulls 🦤 (Dodo as seagull)
200w.gif

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Happy Friday to you.
We have plenty of both animals here, @mexcurandero420 . I can send you a dozen snake eggs if you would like.

This one is pregnant.

View attachment 18970558
1709986771532.png

3076bd3a-0d47-4737-806e-e9fc02983988_text.gif

Snake eggs you say, don't think they will survive the environment around here in the salty air with heavy winds sometime, rain and cold from time to time, although it's the only area where olive trees and Oleanders survive. Frost is very rare.

buzzmobile

Veteran
A line of storms is approaching and there is a Tornado Watch posted. Wind chimes are playing loud wind songs this morning. I have not taken the steps downstairs yet, but Bonnie the Dog made her #2 deposit in the field without us getting wet.
20240309_065214.jpg

Snake eggs you say, don't think they will survive the environment around here in the salty air with heavy winds sometime, rain and cold from time to time, although it's the only area where olive trees and Oleanders survive. Frost is very rare.
20240309_065811.jpg
20240309_065758.jpg

That's perfect for Florida snake eggs, @mexcurandero420 , especially "the salty air with heavy winds sometime, rain and cold from time to time, although it's the only area where olive trees and Oleanders survive." I have an olive tree growing very slowly and oleanders grow around here too.

Once they hatch the snakes are easy to housebreak. Send me an address before they hatch, please. Have a wonderful weekend and don't be late to work on Monday.

I'll wrap the eggs in pizza so they'll have something to eat if they hatch during shipment.
1709988003831.jpeg

moose eater

That looks like a very tasty pizza. You never drop oregano or Basil leaves on your pizza?
Basil and Oregano go into the homemade red sauce with some red wine vinegar, a dabble of molasses, micro-drizzle of organic maple syrup, some tomato paste, granulated garlic, granulated onion, parsley, olive oil, and good organic tomato sauce. along with a touch of fine sea salt.

But with all that acid in the sauce, (no, not that kind of acid), I suspect the snakes might get indigestion on a long haul overseas.

And the issue of what to do with all that snake excrement, requiring a larger box, as, unlike humans, I doubt snakes are comfortable lodging in their own defecation.

Maybe a lucrative combination venture; air-mailed snakes and pizza. It could go over big in select markets but might need to come with a telescoping hook pole and some chainmail gloves in the package, affixed on the outside, for safe opening.

buzzmobile

Veteran
You never drop oregano or Basil leaves on your pizza?
The oregano is in the sauce. Basil leaves are great for Margherita, not so much for pepperoni. Unlike my friend @moose eater 's sauce, my sauce is very simple. San Marzano tomatoes, kosher salt, black pepper, oregano, and olive oil.

I'm sure the snakes will only make baby snake poops if they even hatch during shipment. If you anything about pizza toppings, and I am certain you do, then you will recognize the culinary potential of baby snake poop pellets as a pizza topping. It sounds nasty but like my Dad used to say, "If'n ya ain't tried it, don't knock it." Some folks says it tastes like lizard.

@mexcurandero420 , there's a very good business opportunity outlined in @moose eater 's reply above. Jump on the snake train and capitalize.
How's your weekend so far? We had a downpour of nearly biblical proportions a couple of hours ago.

I'm going to put my hip waders on to check downstairs. I'll keep a snorkel handy just in case.
Leuk je te zien

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Great looking grow thread, Buzz. Love the fact that you have Oaxaca male pollen and are seeking to make some sativa dominant hybrids. Love those sativa highs.
I have a couple of questions that maybe you answered earlier in the thread so my apologies if you have to repeat yourself:
1. What are your temps like in the grow room? Do you have any AC going?
2. What are the jugs of liquid lined up on the floor? They look like pre mixed nutes. Is it RO water and that's why you store it like that?

buzzmobile

Veteran
1. What are your temps like in the grow room? Do you have any AC going?
2. What are the jugs of liquid lined up on the floor? They look like pre mixed nutes. Is it RO water and that's why you store it like that?
Greetings, @Bababooey , good questions. Temps down there vary according to season. Right now it is 66F and 65% humidity in the flower room. There is a portable AC unit in the flower room that I run in the hottest summer temps. If it stays below 85F when it is 100+ outside I can handle that.

Those are empty orange juice jugs filled with RO water. I water with it and I also mix fertilizer with them.

I had a surprise Monday morning after the weekend's heavy rain. It looked like this.
20240312_083206.jpg

20240312_083217.jpg

20240312_083348.jpg

The float switch on the sump pump did not float. It has been deeper down there. Gotz to go across town for an appointment. Thanks for stopping in.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Thanks for the answers, yeah keeping temps under 85F with lights on during the summer should be sufficient. Do you ever have issues with powdery mildew or such when it's warm and humid? I think i used some sulfur based fungicides when that happened to me, supposed to be all natural.

Yeah not great that the sump float switch didnt trigger, was it just stuck or do u need a new one? For a flood it's not so bad but now i know why you grow in that space, haha, cant really use it for storage with the water issues. But the plants are unaffected and that's the main thing.