What's new

Super Silver Sour Thai Nevil growlog

Peacefrog

Veteran
Im not sure Maria, some more SSSTN I think...and also eyeballing these:

Nevil Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness Long (S1) fem 5 seeds
Thai Madness fem 5 seeds
Australian Outback fem 5 seeds

Tell me which one should I grow (and why) and I will do it.

Here is the lineage:

Outback Haze - (Nevil Haze 21 x Hempy's Thai 78) x NH36
Nevil Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness Long (S1) = NH21 x MML clone x NH21 x MML clone Reversed.
Australian Outback = Outback Haze 2 clone x NH21 x MML clone Reversed.
Thai Madness = Swiss Thai Nevil 2 clone x NH21 x MML clone Reversed.
Swiss Thai Nevil = a very old Thai strain from Switzerland ( green hornet thai 82 cut) x Nevil Haze 21 clone Reversed
I've popped one seed each of your choices. I got the best results from the Australian Outback. The bouquet is lemon leaning citrus with an earthy edge. It's got some punch in it but is still functional for daytime weed. The seed plant and clones were all clearly done at 90 days from 12/12. Nice sativa high without a crazy flower time. I would definitely grow it again.

The Thai Madness was too wild to finish indoors - I even tried putting a rooted clone straight into 12/12 and I couldn't contain it. It had spindly branches with long internodes and delicate little bud sites. It was heading for a 20 week finish and I wasn't going to subject myself to that torture for a tiny yield. The Thai Madness and Nirvana Eldorado are the only female plants out of more than I can count that I've culled because they were too much for my setup. Beware if you take it on. My girl was a wild one.

The NHxMM S1 was okay but not as good as the related regular seeds (NH18xMM#3 x NH21xMM or something like that) that I had grown the season before. I'm sold on this combination of genetics and I will definitely come back to the multitude of seeds I have from this line. I like the S1 smoke but her cousins stood out more. All of them had a piney lime aroma that is heaven to inhale. The S1 has a nice clear daytime high and I'll be smoking on it and the Australian Outback for months to come. I harvested the S1 and clones in a range of 14 to 16 weeks.

I hope this helps with your decision. Happy growing!

elanius

Veteran
Oh yeah!

Well, I think a lot of us know about those SSSTN plants and how amazing they are, for sure.
You've prob seen my (NH21 x MM) x (NH18 x MML) -- and it seems like a fair bit of variation, but they are effectively F2, so the NH21 x MM back to S1 should be slightly more stable. They have some great trichomes on the calyxes and mine are relatively fast for hazes.
Pity my Thai Madness plants are so small so you can't get an idea about them. But if you like Thai genetics, then a good option.
The Outback Australian also some Thai in there. My ThaiFricans are Outback Haze x (NH x Kariba), and that male flowered pretty fast.

To be honest, I couldn't tell you which to go for.

For me, I want to head in the Thai direction with my next grow (more of the ThaiFricans and Thai Madness), but that's partly because I didn't get a good run on them this time and I'm impressed by the SSSTN. Do you have time in your grow season for the longer Thai hazes?

But then if you did something we haven't seen much of here recently, how about the Australian Outback and the NH x MM S1?

Appreciate the brain storming @Maria Sanchez, thanks!
I have just caught up a little bit with your thread, you are blessed to be able to grow these outdoors. Very nice job as well! I like almost all types of plants, the Colombians are currently my favorite but the pairing of good Colombian and Thai can produce some sublime results. I have just recently smoked more than year old bud from Thai x 90's Original Haze and it is fantastic...The Australian Outback seems the most interesting choice for now.

elanius

Veteran
I've popped one seed each of your choices. I got the best results from the Australian Outback. The bouquet is lemon leaning citrus with an earthy edge. It's got some punch in it but is still functional for daytime weed. The seed plant and clones were all clearly done at 90 days from 12/12. Nice sativa high without a crazy flower time. I would definitely grow it again.

The Thai Madness was too wild to finish indoors - I even tried putting a rooted clone straight into 12/12 and I couldn't contain it. It had spindly branches with long internodes and delicate little bud sites. It was heading for a 20 week finish and I wasn't going to subject myself to that torture for a tiny yield. The Thai Madness and Nirvana Eldorado are the only female plants out of more than I can count that I've culled because they were too much for my setup. Beware if you take it on. My girl was a wild one.

The NHxMM S1 was okay but not as good as the related regular seeds (NH18xMM#3 x NH21xMM or something like that) that I had grown the season before. I'm sold on this combination of genetics and I will definitely come back to the multitude of seeds I have from this line. I like the S1 smoke but her cousins stood out more. All of them had a piney lime aroma that is heaven to inhale. The S1 has a nice clear daytime high and I'll be smoking on it and the Australian Outback for months to come. I harvested the S1 and clones in a range of 14 to 16 weeks.

I hope this helps with your decision. Happy growing!

Hey @Peacefrog

thanks for stopping by & sharing some excellent information.

I have seen your Thai Madness plant btw and can only agree with you there, bit too much of the madness.
You also scored some very promising SSSTN pheno iirc. How did you like it?
I am sold on the Australian Outback thanks to you and Maria's feedback. Will get the seeds soon and put them to action.
:tiphat:

elanius

Veteran
Hi
sorry no I don't think it has been posted or you would of received a tracking info.

Can you bump the email that you sent the addy to and il get that sent in the next 2 days
Freebies arrived just a week later, perfect packaging as always and new music to discover. Thanks @ojd much appreciated!
Zuttons.jpg

Peacefrog

Veteran
Hey @Peacefrog

thanks for stopping by & sharing some excellent information.

I have seen your Thai Madness plant btw and can only agree with you there, bit too much of the madness.
You also scored some very promising SSSTN pheno iirc. How did you like it?
I am sold on the Australian Outback thanks to you and Maria's feedback. Will get the seeds soon and put them to action.
:tiphat:
I'm glad I could help! The SSSTN pheno I had has been a good smoke too. I ran it a few times and got surprisingly good yields out of such a floppy plant. It was a very sticky and greasy plant and leaves a residue on my fingers whenever I handle the buds. It also has a lemon leaning citrus aroma but with a sweeter acidic side. I don't consider it a good daytime smoke for productivity because it's a little too strong for coherent thought but still has an easy comedown. It's a good weekend daytime smoke. Or an after work wind down smoke. If I have to use my brain it's not a good choice. But it's an excellent choice to grow. I will come back to that one too. Happy growing!

Latest posts

Latest posts