What's new

Super Silver Sour Thai Nevil growlog

elanius

Veteran
Hey folks,

lineage:
Swiss Thai Nevil 1 x SSSDH (ojd cut) reversed
*Swiss Thai Nevil = Old Thai strain from Switzerland ( green hornet Thai 82 cut) x Nevil Haze 21 clone Reversed
**Swiss Thai Nevil 1 = ojd selection - frankincense phenotype
***SSSDH (old stock Greenhouse Super Silver Haze x Sour Diesel)

two seeds planted, fast germination and seedlings were up in few days. One was heavily mutated but snapped out of it eventually and revealed very similar phenotype in morphology as the sister plant.

DSC_0017.JPG
DSC_0036.JPG
DSC_0039.JPG

elanius

Veteran
4 weeks of flower, noticeable jump in flowering mass and the the buds were forming into slightly different structure on both phenotypes. The pheno #1 developing musky, metallic classic hazy smells, while the other pheno seemed to be leaning towards the Thai/SSSDH with lime musky cola type of aromas.

DSC_0001.JPG

Pheno #1
DSC_0004_p1.JPG

Pheno #1
DSC_0009_p1.JPG

Pheno #2
DSC_0003_p2.JPG

Pheno #2
DSC_0006p2.JPG

elanius

Veteran
6 weeks of flower, the aroma was developing more complexity but going in the same direction as described in the previous post. At this point it was clear both of these are going to be relatively fast flowering plants.

DSC_0001.JPG

Pheno #1
DSC_0017_p1.JPG

Pheno #1
DSC_0016_p1.JPG

Pheno #2
DSC_0018_p2.JPG

Pheno #2
DSC_0020_p2.JPG

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice thread bro
Wow 6 weeks of flower , they looking far along , are they on 12/12 or 11/13 , looking great either way .
Nice work and thanks for posting a log.

Also is this the seedplant not the clone ? , how much veg did you give before flower ( looks nice and vegged up)

elanius

Veteran
thanks man and good questions, indeed they were on 11/13 cycle, some other strains needed that, otherwise this one would be more than happy on 12/12 classic with bigger yield and flowering week longer I bet.
Also is this the seedplant not the clone ?
Both, the metallic/musky pheno was a clone grafted on the lime/cola seed plant.
The plant was about 30-40 cm big before switching to flower, she stretched to something around 1 m height.
Basically she was moved to flower about week after this stage:
DSC_0083.JPG

Very vigorous plants and easy growers. They needed the final few weeks to really show the goods :tiphat:

elanius

Veteran
8 weeks of flower, the aroma on #2 is developing more and more intoxicating sweet lime musky cola, the other pheno has more subtle smell, reminiscent of classic metallic Colombian haze. Buds are starting to bulk up as the calyxes are swelling further.
DSC_0010.JPG

Pheno #1
DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

one more #1 with more natural light
DSC_0037.JPG

Pheno #2
DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0032.JPG

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
8 weeks of flower, the aroma on #2 is developing more and more intoxicating sweet lime musky cola, the other pheno has more subtle smell, reminiscent of classic metallic Colombian haze. Buds are starting to bulk up as the calyxes are swelling further.
View attachment 18885678

Pheno #1
View attachment 18885680
View attachment 18885683
one more #1 with more natural light
View attachment 18885684

Pheno #2
View attachment 18885679
View attachment 18885681
View attachment 18885682
Looking amazing bro 👌 , nice work.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just ran 3 seeds of these seeds and I couldn’t let them go past 10 weeks due to the others in the tent.

You’re in for a treat. Even with 10 weeks they were delish

Be prepared though, when I was given the seeds I was warned they can take 15+ weeks. I was over confident telling the breeder I’ll get them to speed up. How wrong was I! I would have never took them on if the smoke report wasn’t real 10

Next time I’ll run 1 at a time and hopefully hold on to a cut. I have a few beans left.
So happy to hear the reports flowing in of the Super silver Sour Thai Nevil , she blew me away and is a favourite in my circle these days.

elanius

Veteran
At 10 weeks, both plants were more or less ripe and I decided to bring them down. On the final inspection, it seemed some parts of the plants were a bit overripe, showing a lot of amber trichomes, at least for my taste.
I was happy to sample different stages of the ripeness though, so it was more than welcome. The smell did not changed much, just got a little stronger. Pheno #1 was clearly leaning to he Haze side, with very musky, woody, metallic smell with hints of leather. The sister actually reminds me a lot of hojari incense resin, it has bright lime sweet musky pine resin smell, very intoxicating and pleasant aroma. You can now clearly see the difference in bud structure, with pheno#2 having bigger swollen calyxes. Very nice plants, easy to grow and surprisingly fast. Pics of dried buds and smoke report coming soon :smoker:

DSC_0034.JPG

Pheno #2 on the left, #1 right
DSC_0038.JPG

Here you can see some amber on the #2
DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0050.JPG

DSC_0075.JPG

DSC_0077.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG
DSC_0074.JPG
DSC_0069.JPG

Last edited:

alvin88

Beautiful, very interesting that both were ready to go in 10 weeks. The other log for it went 130 days 12/12 from seed. Though ojd said there are phenos ranging from 10-14 weeks.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with grafting outside of cacti, does that help speed up flower time at all??

elanius

Veteran
thanks alvin.

I dont think the root stock is affecting the flowering times, since that is dependent on genetics and hormones, and those are generated by the scion. For example, if you graft autoflowering plant on regular root stock, it will still be autoflowering. What is affected however, is the intensity of aroma, vigor and resistance to pests and cold, this is based on studies of trees but not cannabis. So it might differ, in the end.

Also 12/12 from seeds significantly prolongs the flowering time, since the plant will not be flowering unless it reaches sexual maturity.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
At 10 weeks, both plants were more or less ripe and I decided to bring them down. On the final inspection, it seemed some parts of the plants were a bit overripe, showing a lot of amber trichomes, at least for my taste.
I was happy to sample different stages of the ripeness though, so it was more than welcome. The smell did not changed much, just got a little stronger. Pheno #1 was clearly leaning to he Haze side, with very musky, woody, metallic smell with hints of leather. The sister actually reminds me a lot of hojari incense resin, it has bright lime sweet musky pine resin smell, very intoxicating and pleasant aroma. You can now clearly see the difference in bud structure, with pheno#2 having bigger swollen calyxes. Very nice plants, easy to grow and surprisingly fast. Pics of dried buds and smoke report coming soon :smoker:

View attachment 18890144
Pheno #2 on the left, #1 right
View attachment 18890145

Here you can see some amber on the #2
View attachment 18890149
View attachment 18890151
View attachment 18890158
View attachment 18890159
View attachment 18890155

#1 View attachment 18890152 View attachment 18890157 View attachment 18890156
Wow bro what a beautiful show you have put on for us of the Super Silver Sour Thai Nevil 😍 , amazing pics and great detail.
Such a quick flowering time and still such a beautiful Sativa leaning strain.

Pheno 2 is clearly leaning more towards the SSSDH with the SSSDH calyx's and shape of flower and your smell descriptions also , amazing looking 👏 👌.

Pheno 1 is defo more on the Swiss Thai Nevil side from looks and your descriptions 👌

Both look like keepers to me but the smoke test will confirm.

So did you pop all 5 seeds or just the 2 ?

Appreciate you running a log and
hit me up for any 2 packs of your choice for FREE for running a log of 1 of my strains in the Connoisseur Genetics page on icmag.com

I will post some more of these pics on Instagram if OK with you , people loved your previous pics I posted 🙏

Last edited:

elanius

Veteran
Wow bro what a beautiful show you have put on for us of the Super Silver Sour Thai Nevil 😍 , amazing pics and great detail.
Such a quick flowering time and still such a beautiful Sativa leaning strain.

Pheno 2 is clearly leaning more towards the SSSDH with the SSSDH calyx's and shape of flower and your smell descriptions also , amazing looking 👏 👌.

Pheno 1 is defo more on the Swiss Thai Nevil side from looks and your descriptions 👌

Both look like keepers to me but the smoke test will confirm.

So did you pop all 5 seeds or just the 2 ?

Appreciate you running a log and
hit me up for any 2 packs of your choice for FREE for running a log of 1 of my strains in the Connoisseur Genetics page on icmag.com

I will post some more of these pics on Instagram if OK with you , people loved your previous pics I posted 🙏
Man, very generous offer, thank you! Feel free to share the pics as well.

I planted just these two, space is very limited hence the grafting. But I am definitely curious what else is hiding in the line and will peak into it again in the foreseeable future. I really like the incense type plants and the ssdh pheno smells just like the highest quality incense resin.

Latest posts

Latest posts