What's new

Super Silver Sour Thai Nevil growlog

elanius

Veteran
So the flowers are now cured for few months and its finally time to review the smoke. Lets start with the metallic musky NH leaning phenotype. I feel like this one definitely needed the cure, smell got deeper, more pronounced and the effect is now well rounded and complex. I was curious especially about the vibes these plants will offer. Will they induce any uncomfortable feelings? Such is the reputation in some cases for pure Neville Haze after all. Well, spoiler alert - it does not. Quite the opposite! The high is very comfortable and enjoyable, good potency, dreamy and relatively clear, while the body is relaxed and warm. It doesnt make me tired and has a good legs. This is very hazy pheno in terms of smell, surprisingly close to pure Original Haze but with little stronger notes of ancient woods, musk and wet forest, while the metallic element most pronounced before the cure is now in the background. There is absolutely no sweetness or fruitiness in it. Great smell, you will not find it often, mostly in these haze hybrids and I would say this is a good representation, easy to grow and fast!
DSC_0067.JPG

DSC_0069.JPG
DSC_0068.JPG

elanius

Veteran
Thanks Maria, exactly my thoughts on the colors, love it when buds look like that.

Here is the SSDH dominant phenotype, this one had bigger calyxes and completely different smell, the freshly dried flowers reminded me a lot of highland mexican x blueberry, strain, that I grew out many years ago. Bright lime & pine initially curing into more of a candy sweet limey nose with pine in the background. The high is very strong and long lasting, visually enhancing (good for watching movies) euphoric, dreamy and positive. A pleasure to smoke during any time of the day, wont ruin your energy and leave you content and ready for ...more ;)

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG
DSC_0061.JPG

Overall both of these are really nice haze hybrids, considering just two seeds were planted the quality is certainly there. Also, they were very easy to grow, compared to pure Haze that goes 16-20 weeks and you dont need to worry about planting numbers to find something good. Im looking forward what others will find in these genetics, since this was just a peak into the pool. Lets check in after some months to report how the high developed further. :tiphat:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Maria, exactly my thoughts on the colors, love it when buds look like that.

Here is the SSDH dominant phenotype, this one had bigger calyxes and completely different smell, the freshly dried flowers reminded me a lot of highland mexican x blueberry, strain, that I grew out many years ago. Bright lime & pine initially curing into more of a candy sweet limey nose with pine in the background. The high is very strong and long lasting, visually enhancing (good for watching movies) euphoric, dreamy and positive. A pleasure to smoke during any time of the day, wont ruin your energy and leave you content and ready for ...more ;)

View attachment 18916863
View attachment 18916861 View attachment 18916862

Overall both of these are really nice haze hybrids, considering just two seeds were planted the quality is certainly there. Also, they were very easy to grow, compared to pure Haze that goes 16-20 weeks and you dont need to worry about planting numbers to find something good. Im looking forward what others will find in these genetics, since this was just a peak into the pool. Lets check in after some months to report how the high developed further. :tiphat:
Wow man what a great log and smoke report 👏 👌, I couldn't ask for any better.

Did I send you the 2 free packs for a gift for the Amazing log ?
If not pm or email me to arrange

elanius

Veteran
Wow man what a great log and smoke report 👏 👌, I couldn't ask for any better.

Did I send you the 2 free packs for a gift for the Amazing log ?
If not pm or email me to arrange
well you deserve nothing less, since these were free and I appreciate your generosity. :tiphat:
I didnt catch up on that offer yet (so busy..) but will soon ! Already looking forward to trying more from you.
Thanks ojd!

elanius

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words also @Arnold and @Nexus7

Abut the comparison to THH...the implication ! :biggrin:
Im afraid I will disappoint you with my answer though. I grew out to this day about 15 THH females and only two of the SSSTN. Therefore comparing them would not bring much value. Maybe I can say that both SSSTN were better smoke than the average THH female.

elanius

Veteran
What cultivars are you going with @elanius?
Have your eyes on anything in particular?
Im not sure Maria, some more SSSTN I think...and also eyeballing these:

Nevil Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness Long (S1) fem 5 seeds
Thai Madness fem 5 seeds
Australian Outback fem 5 seeds

Tell me which one should I grow (and why) and I will do it.

Here is the lineage:

Outback Haze - (Nevil Haze 21 x Hempy's Thai 78) x NH36
Nevil Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness Long (S1) = NH21 x MML clone x NH21 x MML clone Reversed.
Australian Outback = Outback Haze 2 clone x NH21 x MML clone Reversed.
Thai Madness = Swiss Thai Nevil 2 clone x NH21 x MML clone Reversed.
Swiss Thai Nevil = a very old Thai strain from Switzerland ( green hornet thai 82 cut) x Nevil Haze 21 clone Reversed

Maria Sanchez

Im not sure Maria, some more SSSTN I think...and also eyeballing these:

Nevil Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness Long (S1) fem 5 seeds
Thai Madness fem 5 seeds
Australian Outback fem 5 seeds

Tell me which one should I grow (and why) and I will do it.

Here is the lineage:

Outback Haze - (Nevil Haze 21 x Hempy's Thai 78) x NH36
Nevil Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness Long (S1) = NH21 x MML clone x NH21 x MML clone Reversed.
Australian Outback = Outback Haze 2 clone x NH21 x MML clone Reversed.
Thai Madness = Swiss Thai Nevil 2 clone x NH21 x MML clone Reversed.
Swiss Thai Nevil = a very old Thai strain from Switzerland ( green hornet thai 82 cut) x Nevil Haze 21 clone Reversed
Oh yeah!

Well, I think a lot of us know about those SSSTN plants and how amazing they are, for sure.
You've prob seen my (NH21 x MM) x (NH18 x MML) -- and it seems like a fair bit of variation, but they are effectively F2, so the NH21 x MM back to S1 should be slightly more stable. They have some great trichomes on the calyxes and mine are relatively fast for hazes.
Pity my Thai Madness plants are so small so you can't get an idea about them. But if you like Thai genetics, then a good option.
The Outback Australian also some Thai in there. My ThaiFricans are Outback Haze x (NH x Kariba), and that male flowered pretty fast.

To be honest, I couldn't tell you which to go for.

For me, I want to head in the Thai direction with my next grow (more of the ThaiFricans and Thai Madness), but that's partly because I didn't get a good run on them this time and I'm impressed by the SSSTN. Do you have time in your grow season for the longer Thai hazes?

But then if you did something we haven't seen much of here recently, how about the Australian Outback and the NH x MM S1?

Latest posts

Latest posts