What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Serious Seventy Watts

SeriousNerd

Thanks sandman, have a seat and enjoy the show!

Things are going smoothly in my garden. Today is day 58. From day 49 to day 56 (so during the 7th week) I have been feeding coco a/b 1ml/1ml + PK 1ml + Bloom Stimulator 1ml. Now I'm back to feeding a/b 1ml/1ml - 2ml/2ml + bloom 1ml, depending on what I feel the plants need at the moment. The buds are still packing on weight, it's awesome.

day 41
picture.php

day 43
picture.php

day 46
picture.php

picture.php

day 57
picture.php

picture.php

Estimated harvest time: day 73.

SeriousNerd

Just a few more days! The day before yesterday was the last feeding day - just straight water from then on.

picture.php
picture.php

And of course I had to take a sample from the Thai-Tanic for scientific reasons :)

picture.php

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I really enjoyed reading this thread. Great growing skills man. It's threads like these that I enjoy, where a grower has made it work out of limited space/lighting. Do 70watt HPS screw into regular sockets? If so, is it possible to get a light socket splitter and run 140 watts together, in the way that CFL growers have their lights?

Peace
:rasta:

SeriousNerd

AcroPhobic: Thanks! The sample was nice - the high was similar to the SSH. I alternated between intro- and extroversion. It was fun! Of course it's even nicer now that it's spent a few days in a glass :)

tetragrammaton: Thanks for the kind words! There's still room for improvement, but even with my imperfect setup I can harvest more than enough with 2 grows a year.
I think your question regarding the bulbs comes down to whether one can run two bulbs off a single ballast. I don't know - perhaps someone more knowledgeable can chime in with the answer.

So I harvested at 70 days! Unfortunately, there was a bit of light/heat stress to some of the top buds. It wasn't too bad though.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I weighed after a few days of drying, before putting them in the jars. It was ~30g per plant, which is very nice! I didn't do a perfect trim job, and they were still a bit wet, so I guess a dry 50g is a reasonable estimate. I'll post some dry pics when I get around to it!

Thanks a lot for watching, I'm glad I didn't screw up too badly this time :smokeit:

BIG JT

This is sweet, I didn't think it was possible to grow anything that looks like that under anything smaller than a 400. Props