What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Serious Seventy Watts

SeriousNerd

It seems the girls have really taken their predecessors' fate seriously and have not dared to quit growing:

There are some burnt tips and yellowing older leaves, most likely due to overferting. I flushed them some days ago and am backing off a little with the ferts. Apart from that I'm quite pleased.

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
lookin good ser, keep it up, and threaten those bitches if they start to act up, lol grouch

SeriousNerd

Yesterday I was training the plants under the screen. The main cola of one of the SSH's was rapidly progressing towards the side of the cab, so I intended to train it in the shape of a U, so that it grows back into the center of the screen. Well, I guess that this was a bad idea, because when I was pushing the cola under the screen I heard a loud PLOP. Which lead me to realize that I had just ripped the top right fucking off. Luckily, I guess when growing in a SCROG this is not such a big deal because there are many seconday colas, but I am still unhappy about it. Lesson learned: There is such a thing as too much stress when training under the screen. :noway:

Apart from that: Nice progress, screen filling up. It's day 13 of 12/12.

grouchy

You should pinch the stems before you do any radical bending. It will let you move it wherever you want and it will heal up stronger than before. Usually it ends up being a big knot where it was pinched and it flows a lot more goodies to that branch.

Oh well on the lost top in there. Now you will have two tops instead.

Looking good in there under that 70w. Have you stopped by the 70w club lately?

D.I.trY

that's a really nice box with some really nice results! I am nostalgic for the small wattage hps i used to grow with and their warm orange glow! .

SeriousNerd

You should pinch the stems before you do any radical bending. It will let you move it wherever you want and it will heal up stronger than before. Usually it ends up being a big knot where it was pinched and it flows a lot more goodies to that branch.

Thanks for the tip, I'll do it next time. I believe that having the plants' canopy evenly spaced out over the screen is central to a successful SCROG. I'll try any method that helps me do so.

Time for another weekend update on day 20 of 12/12 (complete with orange HPS glow, thanks for stopping by D.I.trY :wave:)

picture.php

OrganicManic

Great job on your previous grows! That herijuana looks wonderful.
Sorry about your lost ladies.
cant wait to see what your pull with 70 watts

SeriousNerd

OrganicManic: Thanks! The Herijuana has a nice couch-lock stone, I really like it. I've nearly smoked all of it by now, though.
#1cheesebuds: She does look great. The photo came out really nice.

So it's time for the weekly update. We're on day 28:
picture.php

Not what you'd call an even canopy. But with some leaf-tucking and the occasional down-tying I can manage :dueling:

SeriousNerd

Thanks for the kind words superpedro. I'm not doing much at the moment actually, except watering. And of course admiring their awesome budage.

SeriousNerd

picture.php

The two ladies are starting to smell very nice. So far, my new scrubber is holding up well:

It was built according to redgreenery's design.

Root zone temps are 20°C, and the reflector is cool to the touch, so temps seem to be better than I was used to in my old cab. By use of the plexiglass and the reflector, the air is pulled over the lamp, creating a cool-tube-like effect. I didn't think of this when I built the cab, but I'm pleasantly surprised by my subconscious engineering :joint:

The fan I'm using is a 10cm Scythe Kaze-Jyu 2000rpm run at 12V, and it's OK from the noise point of view. Not exactly silent, but quiet enough and not noticeable when my PC is running.

I'm lovin how clean and simple your cab is. In fact, I'm looking to do something similar just with a bit more height, some crafty ventilation, and a 100w hps. I've read up on it and despite being a haze SSH tends to take on an indica growth pattern from its NL genetics right? Whats it like training this thing with the SCROG as compared to previous strains you've SCROGed?

I'm pumped for more updates!

SeriousNerd

Hi JackStraw21, thanks for joining the party! The SSH clones I have were rather easy to handle - main stretch stopped after about 2 weeks, so it's manageable in a micro setup without too much effort. I screwed up the canopy management a bit though, I was quite busy with other things during the stretch, so it's not as even as I would like.

I didn't do my weekly update on time due to having caught a cold. You can't keep a good man down though, so I'm back with a canopy shot from day 45:
picture.php

I've added some Hesi PK 13/14 to the fert mix. The plan is to harvest at 11 weeks, flushing during the last week. Let's see how it goes, in any case I'm psyched to have some nice flowers blooming in my apartment again. :smokeit: