What's new

Raistlin's Room '08

C

cellardweller

vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Raistlin Majere again.

R

Raistlin Majere

JustinCase ~ :wave: i can't wait either !!!

YwouldntI ~ thanks bro :friends: i thought peeps would enjoy it
i am glad everyone does, mebbe even teach someone something, and hopefully learn some more myself

NZjay ~ :rasta: thanks for the kynd words my friend :respect:

hazy ~ yeah lets hold off on the clone talk LOL, my brain is cloned out from all the reading i have been doing (again) i really need to just do it more, and apply the reading - otherwise i forget a lot of details LOL
good to see ya again :ying:

vintner ~ yeah its cheap, i order all my stuff from BGhydro
good reputation and FAR away from me :muahaha:
the cooler is for noise control but i need to tweek it more, because as it stands now i cannot run it. WAY to loud
gonna stuff the cooler with insulation, and foam seal the edges around the ducting, i hope that helps

cellard weller ~ :wave: sup cellard, the same goes for you my friend
keep it green

:smoweed:

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
Raist thanks for stoppin by the other tread, so i finally got off my ass this weekend, and sterilzed some vermiculite, soakd the cakes and layed it down in a turkey pan and broke up the wild bird seed cakes and spread them out. i have a ? for you though.. what should i case on top of them now... a thin layer of promix (ph control) and some coco fibre (light food source)? or straight vermiculite? they are over 6 mos old at this point, i would think they need some food. id be suprised if they even start to pin at this point.. right now they are in a warm place, coverd securly in tinfoil, waiting for me to cover them up. whatcha think?

R

Raistlin Majere

now remember i am not familiar with those supplys for casing
but if i had them here to use, i would probably blend them all together
good luck bro i hope they turn out well for you

xOOx

wow!

coming along nice RM.

How is the in-line fan in the cooler workin' out for you? is it dead quiet when its closed? or is there still a vibration or humm? when i ran my scrubber i just wrapped up the fan part in an old thick winter coat, and zippered it closed around it. lol. it cut all the noise, but a low vibration or buzz was still present, if you stuck your ear against the door, or the otherside of the wall you could hear it a tiny bit.

what is the fan sitting on inside cooler? also i notice the cooler is sitting on a white rack, if you stuff a towel under the cooler, does it get even quieter? like a shock/vibration absorber effect ..

xoox

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
Raistlin Majere said:

what are you waiting for .. pick those babies... i thought you wernt supposed to let them drop spores.....or is that just the color... i didnt think you were suppose them go till they were that dark... ahh what the hell do i know.... i dont even know what im typing... i gotta stop smoking b4 work.

Last edited:
R

Raistlin Majere

xOOx ~ no its still to loud :badday: i have it wrapped in towels now
i am pulling them out and replacing with the insulation i ripped out of the last cab, then foam sealing the holes up and hopefully that works or i have to think of something else :dueling: gonna try putting a towel under the cooler too, and i also have a duct muffler i am gonna use finally to further minimize noise

Endo ~ first that pic is from last year sometime
the dark color is from the spores dropping, usually i pick them before they drop
BUT people love to see big open caps in their bags, so i oblige them (makes more weight for me too :joint:)
i tried to tell some that the smaller caps are the better ones, but once you already know everything there is to know about cubies its hard to change their mind :muahaha: oh well !! i eat mine all with closed caps
another reason for letting them go is i like to harvest the whole casing at one time so some develope a little more by the time they are all ready

xOOx

RM -

damn! i thought maybe that it was working better then what i had done, was gonna try running scrubber again, lol.

what worked 4 me tho was the winter jacket wrapped around it. also 12 ft of ducting on each side of the fan, just happened to be a 25 ft roll, lol. with many S turns. i just kinda threw all the excess ontop of the closet all curled up.

oh!!!

here's something you should do that will improve it. at home depot they sell insulated ducting, it's regular ducting wrapped up with insulation and they put a black plastic around it so the insulation doesn't get on you when you handle it.

i was able to hear the motor/wind noise right thru the non-insulated ducting, but when i hooked up the insulated ducting quited it down probably 75% and gave me a smile .. like hardly any noise, just vibration.

google 'home depot master flow insulated ducting'

p.s. it's 'black jacket' not the metalized one.

xoox

Last edited:
R

Raistlin Majere

SWEET !!! i already have lots of the insulated ducting
look in the first pic in my last set, you can see a nice section of it laying on the floor beside the silver duct (standing up)

any more ideas please let me hear them
provide a link if possable or a pic if you can

:rasta:

xOOx

ya that's it,

the black stuff! black jacket.

you should run everything with it, the metal ducting just kinda lets all sound pass thru like its not even there. also, by puttin the 12 ft+ distance from the scrubber to the fan really helps, the closer the actual scrubber is to the in-line fan (ducting wise) i noticed you can just hear the that jet turbine sound of the fan. its like right there, the scrubber isnt any type of sound muffler, if air can pass through, so does the sound .. put some distance between them. if you know what im sayin. with the 12 ft of curly insulated ducting kinda muffles it. all you should be hearing is slight wooshing wind noise, which disappears when u close the door. its kinda like the sound of the air coming out of one of your central AC vent when the air handler is in the attic or basement. should not be loud at all if you do it right. if you hear the in-line roar, something isn't right.

i also bubble wrapped the fan, it was staples bubble wrap, i wrapped it and wrapped it, till it was 2x as fat, lol. and then put the jacket around it and zippered it up. the jacket acted as a muffler and a cusion when it rested above the closet. i was able to get it to a very very quiet humm you couldn't hear with the door closed, but ear against the wall u could hear it, and the slight wooshing too, lol.

also one thing i didn't try, was a good speed controller. i had a cheapy one, didn't didn't do anything but make more noise (fan made a loud sick sound when it was on full speed control) but i read a post about getting one called a 'variac' which slows it down without making the sick fan sound.

so insulated duct everything, give 12+ or more of ducting each side of the fan, bubble wrap, winter jackets, variac, all i can think of ...

xoox

xOOx

also don't 4 get to try the s-turns in the ducting.

most will disagree, thinking it creates more noise, but i found it true to restrict air flow, sure. but the sound of the in-line roar is diminished quite considerably behind many s-turns in the ducting, and distance and a long duct run on both sides.. and your just left with just wind noise to deal with, which isn't so loud (assuming you wrap and quiet the fan itself from making noise).

basically i think a duct muffler is just a bunch of crazy turns inside yeah? sound kinda fades away before getting to the other end of the duct muffler.

xoox

R

Raistlin Majere

dunno why i didn't think of putting it on the end, i was just gonna finnish off the other side
the silver is so much easier to work with LOL, thats what i get for going the lazy route
the S turns sound like a idea as well, however the fan is now going to be cooling 1200w as well
i will probably not have to much extra duct before the lights
i am might try the bubble wrap too
thanks for all the ideas X :respect:

i'll take a pic of the duct muffler for you, its just metal ducting with compacted insulation on the inside
smooth bore with no S turns, i bought this one but future ones will be DIY
:EDIT: i have a speed controler as well, i just hate to use it
i don't think its good for the motor at all, if they designed fans with them built right in, i would buy one like that LOL :EDIT:

keep it green

Last edited:

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Name that strain...

Name that strain...

Raistlin Majere said:

What strain is that Raist? Looks like "Liberty Caps". Juicy.......

R

Raistlin Majere

strain is chitwan :joint:
i have two tubs worth colonizing right now
a good yeilder obviously, though the mushrooms are of a smaller variaty than most
that pic is actually my first casing try ever :rasta: came out pretty good i would say, beginers luck maybe ?

Last edited:

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
Raistlin: The inline fans have "Shaded Pole" motors and are designed to be used with a solid state type speed control..

BTW, lookin awesome brother

U

UBER21

whats up brosky that room is looking sweet mang cant wait to see it do damage on those girls....holla at u soon peace bro......

R

Raistlin Majere

imnotcrazy ~ dunno if my speed control is a solid state type
i'll have to look it up, i turned my fan down almost halfway once and went to work, when i came home the fan had shut off !!
i always thought that meant it was no good to use ?
thamks for the help again bro :respect:

UBER21 ~ can't wait to fill it up :muahaha:
gonna pop some seeds tommorow
chocolate chunk and something else dunno what yet
thinking bogglegum S1
or cherry pheno AK F2's
or something else all together LOL, probably be a last minute decision

and some pictures :rasta:

gonna go get tarp zippers tommorow for doors, unless you my friends have a better idea for me
please if anyone ever has a idea/trick throw it out there
i am always ready to learn something new

peace to you all

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
Tarp Zippers are one of the best ways to go IMO. Although a bit cheaper, you could use sticky tape Velcro BUT the time the zipper will save you over it's life will more than pay for how long it takes to secure the Velcro.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Raistlin: it looks like your matter-antimatter reacton assembly will be a bit problematic when funneling the liquefied deuterium and other elements through the magnetic constrictors. It should be sufficient however to create a stream of highly energized electro-plasma capable of powering your warp coils. Make sure you keep your intermix ratio at 1:1 for optimal function.

(that's my idle attempt at levity because your build is so crazy!!!!! What the heck ever happened to pop a seed and pray?)
All jokes aside; looking good. You're like the MacGyver of cannabis...............

R

Raistlin Majere

imnotcrazy ~ good, i kept thinking what would be the best method
Velcro, magnets, a wood door then the zippers
think i'll get two, one for each side, and keep the whole front as the door :muahaha:
one on the things i hated about my lasy cab was the small door, i need room !!!!

accessndx ~ ha damn collage learned folks, always talking above my knowledge level :asskick:
LOL, a few years ago i did not know any of this stuff, all i had to go from were pictures in HT mag
i am so glad i came on-line and found the forums :muahaha:
1200w and a new cabby should keep me happy till the kids are in school
Then the real project begins, this is all just practice

---------------------------------
gonna have to lug a bit 'o water out to the feild tonight if it does not rain
:badday: thought it was gonna pour last night
and the building project should be done tonight or tommorow
can't wait to fill it to MAX !!!