What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mandala Appreciation Grow 2009

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I had four clones (2 of each breed) show some roots nubbles. They have been transplanted and I'm going to start vegging them. I need them to get a little bigger before flowering starts. I'll get some pics up soon.

Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
I had four clones (2 of each breed) show some roots nubbles. They have been transplanted and I'm going to start vegging them. I need them to get a little bigger before flowering starts. I'll get some pics up soon.

Sweet. Are they back under the fluorescents? If you play your cards right, you could start a dope little perpetual grow...

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
The clone run is to make up for the lack of females. Kind of a bummer, but it's good to have a backup plan going.

The big females have stopped stretching and are getting their bud on. From here on out, it's just flower fertilizers and waiting.

Flower day 18

picture.php

Clones rooted, growing slow due to low humidity

picture.php

-Funk

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Same old thing going on. Flowering plants look great and are starting to set buds like the government steals freedom. Clones look good, but are quite slow in doing just about anything. If they don't start doing something, they will just be put into the flower tent.

Flower day 20

picture.php

Clones...same old slowness

picture.php

Funk

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
The clones have actually shown some nice growth in the past day or so. I'm going to keep them vegging for a bit in hopes they will yield more down the road. I'll get some pics up soon for ya.

-Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
BOOSH!

Looks like your buds are setting up nicely. Have you seen some new growth on those clones?

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
High funk! great start! Im just in time for the fireworks! Is that taller one hasberry or the hashberry x bubble gum?
Peace, bugout

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
The plant on the right is the Hashberry x Bubbliscious. It's about twice as tall as the Hashberry F2 to the left.

The clones are now vegging strong and have been transplanted into 2 gallon containers. They will be put into the flower tent starting March 1.

Clones

picture.php

Flower day 27

picture.php

-Funk

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Ya I have high hopes for those clones. Their roots will have ample space too which should help them. I just need to rig up a system to get them closer to the light. That tall Bub x HB forces me to keep the light near the top of the tent. I'm thinking about stacking rubbermaids. Any ideas?

-Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Think simple and be resourceful...

Maybe something like a tall cardboard box or two?
I'm sure you can find those easily, whether from work or just a plain ol' grocery store.

If you're looking for something a bit more permanent, Target has some nice wire racks that you can build in a matter of minutes for ~$20 US. That'd still let light bounce around while providing a taller surface to sit your clones on. Did I mention the shelves are adjustable?

picture.php

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Thanks for the ideas. A rubbermaid cooler lying around has found itself a good help in getting the clones closer to the light.

Here they are at flower day 29:

Tent back

picture.php

Tent front

picture.php

(make it) funk (y)

THoC

Nice work Funk!
Had some questions about your crosses..
Which parent does the F2 hashberry lean towards?
Did those two plants have common hashberry parent?

Thaks for keeping this journal.
good growing

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Good question on the genes. I used one lone male (indica dominant) Hashberry and pollinated three different Mandala Hashberry females, and two Nirvana Bubblscious female clones taken from the same mother.

As you can see, the back crossed Hashberries show lots of indica uniformity. As for the Bub x HB, well that particular female is completely sativa. It's also twice as tall as the HB F2.

Anyone with Mandala genes should back cross. You get uniformity in the new generations, as well as strong, healthy seeds.

-Funk

Latest posts

Latest posts