What's new

I Bought an Ounce in Michigan for $39!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
The title says it all! I bought an OZ of outdoor-grown weed in a Michigan dispensary last weekend for $39! I couldn't believe it! I haven't got an OZ for under $40 since the early 80's! Not the best I ever smoked, but far from the worst. The strain is Macaroon, whatever that is, lol.

Yes, I know, it's bad news for the growers, but is sure is great for us consumers! In this neighboring (and illegal) state that I live in, quarter oz's regularly go for $80- quarters!

Anybody bought an ounce for less than $39 lately?

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I do not live in Michigan. Like I said, I'm in a neighboring (police) state.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I'm in Michigan. From what I understand every shop in town has ounces for 50. Several growers are also selling at that price. And I hear there is no shortage of garbage herb that people cannot even sell. The going rate for not quite top shelf black market, but perfectly good herb is about 80 an ounce at the moment where I am at.

Last edited:

linde

A buddy spent almost $300 on eights bought every one they had. It all looked killer but not one was worth a shit. No joke. Paper buds. Burn hot and quick. No resin, flavor and most importantly buzz. All the strains smelt the same. No terps. What the heck? This was the Lume dispensary. Hit them up if you don't believe me! Shit weed

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
in new york they are lining up to get a lic. to be legal and sell... at these numbers, there is no way u are making $$$- everytime a state goes legal, more product comes in to the market- the amount of smokers stays more/less the same....

if the weed was better then the local dealer, or better then what we grow....great..... but as stated it is usually sucky, and more $$$- shiity and more expensive is not a winning formula...

linde

Id gladly pay double for good quality smoke...if I didn't grow of course. Michigan needs to regulate the amount of commercial growers. The market is flooded with mediocre dope. Pumped full of calmag grown with LEDs. Harvested early and run thru shakers. SAD.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
same thing in calif... i bought eighth's , one time paying 80bucks (plus tax) - and the weed is good... but who the fuk pays 80bucks (plus tax) for good.... it should keep u stoned for a week...

imiubu

I've not set foot inside a dispensary since 2016 when we went on a 'recon' mission to see what the skinny was. A list was made from leafly as my friend chose 1 flower strain to get from each shop and off we went. We visited 12 separate shops over the span of one weekend with a smile on our faces and I, with my trusty loupe in hand. The plan for said friend was to purchase 1 strain from each shop. My mission was to scope 3-5 strains of flower at each. Can't say I was surprised in my disappointment of the 'quality', sigh. What still stands out above all else is the ignorance of the "bud tenders" and the fact that at ALL 12 shops, the buds appeared to have been "keifed" prior to sale.
I grow a very small amount for myself each winter. Smoking out with other grower friends is the time I test strains new to me. I haven't sold nor even bought a bag of weed since 2000 and for this, I am ecstatic :)
I have a sense of deep sadness that people now have such a washed out option for their herbal experience. That said... I am also ecstatic that my State has these shops and home growing now quasi legal and people can buy crap weed if they so choose or... at least have the option with out arrest.
My plumber came by to change my kitchen faucet last week and said he got an OZ of OD for $68 bucks... hu? I asked him how it was and he said, meh, it's weed. Dude is 71 now and I figure he knows lol. I am so out of touch with the current market that I went online to look at a few of the local shops.
Reminds me of the $1 stores w/ cheap chinese made trinkets available and no quality.
That said... I certainly am not a connoisseur but I do have 50+yrs. of cannabis use under my belt and know when weed looks like shit ;)

PpP

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
A lot of customers live from paycheck to paycheck and for those people it's all about the most bang for the buck. And every year growers are getting better. The marker used to be flooded with absolute garbage. And while there is no shortage of garbage. There is also a lot of perfectly acceptable smoke (burns smooth has alright terps) with all the fancy hype names.

HalfArsedFarmer

Id gladly pay double for good quality smoke...if I didn't grow of course. Michigan needs to regulate the amount of commercial growers. The market is flooded with mediocre dope. Pumped full of calmag grown with LEDs. Harvested early and run thru shakers. SAD.
Isn't that down to the grower and not the led lights. To walk out as it's led grown makes no sense to me. Although I'm not there and buying in that market. I wish I was at those prices...

As a grower of near 30 years my led bud has a better profile than any HPS I used to grow.

linde

The big commercial growers are cutting corners to increase profit margins at the expense of quality. Don't kid yourself they know how to grow good dope for their own personal stash.

linde

Isn't that down to the grower and not the led lights. To walk out as it's led grown makes no sense to me. Although I'm not there and buying in that market. I wish I was at those prices...

As a grower of near 30 years my led bud has a better profile than any HPS I used to grow.
Maybe so to some growers. I've done side by side grows and Hps comes out on top but thats another whole can of worms. I shouldn't have brought up the LED thing on this thread....my bad sorry.

Latest posts

Latest posts