What's new

I Bought an Ounce in Michigan for $39!

@peace

Carrier pigeons, problem is they can’t carry a lot so you need an army. Upside is they don’t snitch cause they can’t talk. Cause they’re birds..
Carrier pigeons make lousy drug mules.

Pigeon wearing crystal meth 'like a backpack' caught inside B.C. prison yard​

Social Sharing​

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Email
  • Reddit
  • LinkedIn

'This is kind of a curveball,' says corrections officers' union​

rhianna-schmunk.JPG

Rhianna Schmunk · CBC News · Posted: Jan 06, 2023 4:00 AM EST | Last Updated: January 6
A grey pigeon is pictured walking on damp concrete.

Correctional Services Canada is investigating after a pigeon was found at Pacific Institution in Abbotsford, B.C., with a package of crystal meth tied to its back on Dec. 29. (Ben Nelms/CBC)
comments
Nearly a century ago, a pigeon breeder approached federal customs officers with a bit of an odd problem.
A pigeon he'd recently sold to a buyer in Mexico had flown back to his home in Texas with two aluminum capsules full of cocaine tied to its legs.
After a brief investigation, officials announced their conclusion.
"CARRIER PIGEONS SMUGGLE DRUGS," blared an all-caps newspaper headline on Feb. 2, 1930.
Drug-smuggling pigeons have persisted over the decades since, busted from North America to Europe and Asia.
The birds are caught with pills or powder stuffed into mini-backpacks, tiny baggies or zippered pouches — sometimes foiled because they couldn't get off the ground with all the weight.
Last week, for the first time in recent memory, one was captured in B.C.
A newspaper article warning about pigeons smuggling drugs across the U.S.-Mexico border appears in a newspaper on Feb. 2, 1930.

A newspaper article warning about pigeons smuggling drugs across the U.S.-Mexico border appears in a newspaper on Feb. 2, 1930. (TimesMachine/The New York Times)
"This is kind of a curveball," said John Randle, Pacific regional president of the Union for Canadian Correctional Officers.

Officers 'had to corner it'​

Randle said it was a routine day after the holidays at Pacific Institution in Abbotsford, B.C., on Dec. 29.
Officers were standing in one of the fenced inmate unit yards, which prisoners use regularly for hanging out, playing games or just getting some fresh air.
Then the officers noticed something strange: a grey bird with a small package on its back.
"From my understanding, it was tied to it in a similar fashion as like a little backpack," Randle said.
The officers moved in.
"They had to corner it," Randle said. "You can imagine how that would look, trying to catch a pigeon."
A grey correctional facility building is pictured on an overcast day. Mountains are in the background.

Pacific Institution correctional facility is pictured in Abbotsford, B.C., on Thursday. The multi-level complex has a capacity for around 500 inmates. (Ben Nelms/CBC)
After "a lengthy period of time," the officers apprehended the bird, removed its cargo and set it free.
Randle said the package contained about 30 grams of crystal meth, which he described as a "fairly substantial" amount of the intensely addictive stimulant.
"It's definitely scary with the fact that it was crystal meth that was found on the bird, because that causes a whole lot of problems," he added.
Corrections Canada confirmed in an email it is investigating, but would not provide further details.

Drones typically the problem​

In recent years, corrections officers have increasingly been on the lookout for drones dropping contraband into correctional facilities. Last month, a drone dropped a firearm into Mission Institution.
Since the drone crackdown, Randle said smugglers might be turning back to "old school" methods like pigeons or "throwover" — where someone outside lobs a package over the fence.
"We've been focusing so much on drone interdiction ... now we have to look at, I guess, pigeons again," said Randle, who hasn't heard of another live pigeon incident in B.C. in his 13 years of experience.
"It's a bit of a reality check for us that the creativity that people are going to use to try and smuggle drugs and other contraband into the institution is multifaceted."
Homing pigeons have been used to carry messages since the Roman Empire, particularly valued during the First and Second World Wars for their ability to navigate long distances to return to their home lofts with key messages.
A bird flies over a prison tower, surrounded by a fence.

A bird flies near a tower at the Pacific Institution correctional facility in Abbotsford, B.C. on Jan. 5. In recent years, corrections officers have increasingly been on the lookout for drones dropping contraband into correctional facilities. (Ben Nelms/CBC)
One expert said there are two plausible ways to use a pigeon to deliver drugs. One, someone could throw the freighted pigeon over the fence into the prison.
Second, an inmate could spend months training the bird from the inside to recognize the prison as its home. Someone would get the bird to the outside, fasten its cargo and release it to return "home" to the prison.
"Like Shawshank Redemption, where he had a crow from a baby — you could do that with a pigeon. Then, yeah, the pigeon would come back," said Givo Hassko, director of the Vancouver Poultry & Fancy Pigeon Association.
"It's sad in a way, where the pigeons once were used for saving lives is now being used for smuggling," he added. "But I hope they they figure it out."

Last edited:
I find the cheap oz here are over dried or not cured proper or hermied with little tiny seeds. Also if its not in cookies family the sheeple don't want it.. U can get oz of super silver haze for 100 or trop cookies for 65 an eighth and hermied

I guess I'm like those Depression-era old dudes now. In my day we felt lucky to get any weed at all.

Alot of regionally impacted generational smoking habits are comparable to boomer food trends. Never learnt to cook. Ate hotdogs and spam their whole lives, instinctively greedy over garbage. Clipping coupons while making 6 figures. Because their parents stood in food lines or were escaped orphans living off the land.

My kids are "picky" about weed, in this regard. They still do the Bob Marley posters, weed blankets and all that stupid shit, but they won't smoke what many state programs offer as top shelf.

Someone was telling me about a reggae concert in Arizona recently, the band on stage said "this is the first concert we've been to that didn't smell like weed". Everyone in the crowd was smoking weed.

I bet that $39 Mich oz was better than anything you can buy in Az. I bought a thc-o pen recently, and took maybe a dozen rips off it in a few hours. It made my teeth hurt. I didn't get high. It tasted like grandpas cologne and lemon-free lemonade even though it was supposed to be strawberry. I had a disgusted look on my face, I felt like shit the next morning and had fucked up sinuses. I got anxiety and light headed from smoking my own weed the next morning. It was EXACTLY like smoking top shelf Arizona Mmj.

Consider yourself lucky if you can buy Marijuana that doesn't resemble sprayed cbd bud, that doesn't test positive for pesticides, that doesn't fuck you up physically. Arizonians definitely don't have that option.

therevverend

Veteran
As far as $39 oz. If you use a Ford type production model paying your lackeys the minimum, you can drive cost down to pennies. This costs a large investment at first, and it takes time to make a profit, but once you do it rolls in constantly. For the ambitious corporate types the strategy in my state was to sell the stuff below profit at first. This dropped prices so low the consumers stopped using the illegal networks and the high quality ma and pa legitimate networks.

Most of the old time growers, organic growers, people interested in quality over quantity, quit or had enough $$ to adapt to the same system. This is how it works. There's a 'guy' who controls each aspect of production. One guy gets the nutrients for all the growers, one guy makes all the clones. The clones all have fungal, mite, etc. problems but nobody gives a fuck. One guy does the processing, one guy squeezes the oil, the packaging, etc. Growing the plants is only one step in the process.

There's a 'land guy' that leases 1/2-4 acres of land already prepped. Fences, cameras, all set in squares with dirt roads to get to each patch. A sign with your company name tells you which strip mall grow is yours. The soil is perlite and peat moss, already stuck in the ground for you. No one fucks with big plants. They grow in the arid desert part of the state so they don't have to worry about mold, caterpillars, etc. It's 90 degrees every day, 30% humidity. It's 'growing indoors, outdoors'. A 2 man operation.

They start by getting the shitty clones from the clone guy. They veg for two weeks. Then 6-8 weeks flower. Any longer is unprofitable. Harvest, next cycle. Outdoors with light dep they can squeeze in 3 overlapping crops, 4000 plants each cycle. A pound a plant. No plant is allowed to flower naturally, that introduces variables. They grow in the arid desert region where it's 90 degrees every day. They use 2 types of high powered liquid chemical fertilizers. One type for veg, one type for flowering. The fertilizer guy brings the tanks at the right time. Everything's automated with timers. Watering hoses, nutrients, light dep covers. The plants barely have to grow roots.

At harvest they hire a team of Mexicans to do the work. They set up a canopy, like for bug spraying. Run a de-humidifier. Dry the entire crop in a week. Ship it off the the oil man. The stalks, branches, and leaves are sent to the county incinerator. Everything, every clone, plant, flower, is bar coded and weighed and accounted for with the state. Every bit of stem must be cataloged and destroyed to be in compliance. Compliance is necessary.

The growers sell their stuff for $200 a lb, or at least they did a few years ago. Haven't checked what it goes for now. My friend in the 'industry' says that's still much higher then where it will eventually end up. They grow hops in the same area. Hops goes for $10-20 a lb, that's where he says the cannabis is headed.

The only 'good part'. Pesticides are highly regulated here. The farm I toured didn't use pesticides. They used predatory mites and other 'natural' methods. I was impressed by how 'into' it the grower was, how much he'd researched it and was committed to it. Overall the plants were healthy and resinous, smelled nice. I believe many of the growers would prefer to grow a better way. Or grew a better way in the past. They reached the conclusion that there was no other way to survive in the 'industry'.

My advice, for anyone who wants to make a living growing, trimming, running shops, etc. Don't. Prices are going to fall, and keep falling, for a while now. It's like any other shitty industry, trying to squeeze as much as they can out of the earth while giving back as little as possible. Someone in an office somewhere keeps the profit for whatever shit they think they need.

If you like smoking shitty pot, you're in heaven right now. If you don't I hope you're in a state that allows growing. Even if they don't, you should be growing anyway or know someone that does. Be sure to pay them what the stuff is worth because the plants deserve it.

pigeons with meth

My brother's next door neighbors were Russian. He lived 40 miles from the Canadian border. They were assholes, paranoid, got pissed off if he talked to them or crossed the property line. They kept pigeons. I had a strong feeling they were mafia, and the pigeons weren't a hobby...

Why would someone want to take Meth in prison ?

Considering that people on the outside on meth spend days in front of a mirror with a pair of tweezers picking at their face, I'm sure they can find something to pass the time. You can get 10 times street value for drugs in prison. When my dumbass cousin was doing (a long) time he had these old ladies smuggling drugs in for him. They were in the prisoner's rights groups. Arranged to have alone time with the inmates. He'd have to fuck them, which I'm sure he didn't mind, because he'd fuck anything. Especially if it had an asshole. Prison is a horrible place so of course they like their drugs there.

Last edited: