What's new

humboldtlocals outdoor '09

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Yah ,

the Canuks certainly seem to have their Eureka moments & manage to have some pretty cool enterprising ventures sometimes . Must be that pure clean northern jetstream mountain air & plenty of time on their hands to figure out ways to get hands on the all mighty American peso ! hehe...and more power to em. Always have had good experiences with them & great worker/comrades .

* For Powdery Mildew & using non-fungicide products , should have mentioned
some friends do like applying this "Stylet Oil" which they swear by ....
http://www.stylet-oil.com/

"After 32 years of continuous use in agriculture, Stylet-Oil has the broadest, most diverse label in the industry and is regarded as the benchmark white oil used on green leaf tissue.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Excellent job on the gardens this year! I hear ya on gettin ripped off, it happens to all of us at one point or another. I was thinking to myself, I think it would really be pushin it to try and trim all of that by hand help or no help while its moist and still harvest on time.. I'm sure you felt overwhelmed at one point or another... That Twister looks like a good machine... Sucks to hear so much negative feedback about Tumbleweed. Nothing beats handmade goods.

Really enjoyed all your beautiful photography! It took me a couple days, but I got through it all.. Inspiring, no less! You worked hard I can see, and it has paid off... Just an outstanding bunch of plants!

What strains were grown? I saw a few examples on the budshots, was that all the strains?

I love the trench method of growing with the 3 drip hoses.... Seems to be very efficient for the amount of labor and material put in for the potential yield received...

Making cages and filling them with media seems like lots of extra work, especially when the ground underneath has to be fertilized as well. It all depends on how much space you have to deal with I guess...

What did your trench media conist of? What ratios did you use?

I'd love to have a nursery like that some day... Looks like the political climate is shifting around the world... :kos:

H

humboldtlocal

Hey Pipe, Thanks for the kind words. I grew around thirty different strains. Some I only had one or two plants of, some (OG, Sour D) I had hundreds. I think I list most of them in my other thread about the Twister. I have a half dozen seed strains I have been breeding for years and I also grew a lot of different clones trying to find that next big thing. The trenches were filled with an organic soil mix I got delivered in bulk. It was very high in bat guanos and EWC. It was very comparable to Power flower and kind of on the hot and heavy side. I cut a lot of it with sunshine mix because I was worried about burning plants. Next year I will just amend the trenches with dry bagged amendments. The other gardens that had large single holes get some dirt removed and this year I added several bags of Roots Organic soil. First time giving it a try and I was pleased. Next year I plan on doing some really hot soil mixes like Mr Tom Hill does. The idea of not having to feed till they start budding would save me a ton of work. Still plenty for me to learn and I am looking forward to next year. This site has been a wealth of info and has also provided me with plenty of laughs. I am really enjoying being part of this community.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool stuff! Its best to be on the safe side of fertilization, rather than having to constantly be leaching the medium to keep your plants alive... Organic ferts are pretty forgiving in my experience. Have you ever heard of Plant-tone?

This is what I use and it feeds all season long.. Guanos are top dressed for flowering... Its very simple stuff, check it out!

http://www.espoma.com/p_consumer/tones_plant.html

Mr.Meds

Hey humboldt, Everything looks amazing! What were some of the biggest tree-bush strains you've encountered? Thanks!:tree:

H

humboldtlocal

Some of my seed strains can get pretty monstrous. I have had some five pounders. I would like to think that if I was putting my energy/water/time into a lot less plants I could be pulling ten pounders but maybe I am kidding myself. My biggest yeilders are my Purple Train Wreck x Grapefruit/Puple, Hindu Kush/Blueberry x Grapefruit/ Purple and Hindu Kush/Blueberry x grapefruit/ Blackberry. Those strains are pretty easy to get over three pounds per with the right set up. Next year I will be doing some smart pots and less numbers in a few gardens trying to grow some monsters. I would love to be getting more yield with less numbers. I used to tie all my plants down to the ground and this last year was the first time I let my outside plants grow straight up. I might go back to tie down on some of them next year. It is more work but I think the yield is better.

O

OfficerStedanko

HUMB... looks great. I gotta say this though..
your rants about staying away from humbolt; i agree.
but take some of your own advice (not you personally, but those who want to move in)
I wish you cali people and canadians would get the hell out of washington too! you jerks have been moving here, shipping things here, canadians move here n set up indoor ops. to avoid the border and cuz our cheap electric and housing. californians had been moving here in droves over the last 10 years.
I guess its like the Hawaiians in North-shore with surfing.. if you got the prime spot, keep it secret, dont hype it up, blast your pictures and ship you goods out, dont claim to have the best or be the best... if you do, people will want to share or take it from you.

Mr.Meds

Well your stuff seriously looks fantastic man. Each of them are gorgeous. Twister looks like it rages and your sour d / og looks awesome. Which out of the giants would you say has the most medicinal qualities? (nerves/pain and/or sleep) Those are some uncommon crosses you've listed. Are those things that you have worked out through out time or are they widely available somehow? I'm trying to get the most from what I'm allowed to do this year outside, those are looking like what I was thinking. Thanx for your response, I really appreciate it!

P.S I really like those hanging nets you have for drying too.

H

humboldtlocal

HUMB... looks great. I gotta say this though..
your rants about staying away from humbolt; i agree.
but take some of your own advice (not you personally, but those who want to move in)
I wish you cali people and canadians would get the hell out of washington too! you jerks have been moving here, shipping things here, canadians move here n set up indoor ops. to avoid the border and cuz our cheap electric and housing. californians had been moving here in droves over the last 10 years.
I guess its like the Hawaiians in North-shore with surfing.. if you got the prime spot, keep it secret, dont hype it up, blast your pictures and ship you goods out, dont claim to have the best or be the best... if you do, people will want to share or take it from you.

You can have Washington.

Well your stuff seriously looks fantastic man. Each of them are gorgeous. Twister looks like it rages and your sour d / og looks awesome. Which out of the giants would you say has the most medicinal qualities? (nerves/pain and/or sleep) Those are some uncommon crosses you've listed. Are those things that you have worked out through out time or are they widely available somehow? I'm trying to get the most from what I'm allowed to do this year outside, are those are looking like what I was thinking. Thanx for your response, I really appreciate it!

P.S I really like those hanging nets you have for drying too.

These are my strains. They are not available anywhere unless you are a buddy of mine then I give them freely. The ones I listed are great meds. Especially anything with the Hindu Kush/ Blueberry and anything with the Black berry in it. Also my Purple Train Wreck x Vancouver Island Purple is my favorite. It is not a monster yielder but I have gotten three pounders with it and it is nice and early.

G

Ganja D

That was a special garden. Thank god for the twister or I'd could still be there. I could really use one here right about now.
Af/wow, hkxbb and ptwxvip were off the hook. Also love the diesel as an every day smoke.
Those drying racks were awesome. Do you have a link to where you got them. I'm thinking of getting christmas presents for myself and some peeps.
Anyways, just sayin hi.
Can't wait to get back to work.
Thanks always

H

humboldtlocal

That was a special garden. Thank god for the twister or I'd could still be there. I could really use one here right about now.
Af/wow, hkxbb and ptwxvip were off the hook. Also love the diesel as an every day smoke.
Those drying racks were awesome. Do you have a link to where you got them. I'm thinking of getting christmas presents for myself and some peeps.
Anyways, just sayin hi.
Can't wait to get back to work.
Thanks always

It was a pleasure having you and misses D. You guys were awesome. I only wish you could have stayed longer. Sounds like we might be seeing you soon anyways. Your pics in your album look great. Well done. Can't wait to see what the future holds for you guys. Get those racks from trimscene.com

wow brah! Over 30 different strains in one grow season. Doesn't things get a bit confusing? Gotta question for you brah. My friend and I have been debating over the term "hybrid vigor". Do you notice any hybrid vigor in any of your clones? We all know that crossed hybrid strains will cause a vigor. But what about say Arcata "Trainwreck"clone? under ideal growing situation,clones will not show hybrid vigor will they? I'm talking in the same manner that plants from seed would show. HL, what is your opinion, & experience from it?

mahalo

Latest posts

Latest posts